Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking advice - London Stadium

Does anyone know how close you can get to the London Stadium before you have to park up and walk? Off to see Guns N Roses on Friday night and I know it's a pain to get to. Thanks all

Comments

• Options
    I'd park at North Greenwich and get the Jubilee Line in.
  • Options
    park anywhere a few stops down the line and get public transport in
  • Options
    Park at Woolwich Arsenal and jump on the DLR. Takes less than 20 mins.
  • Options

Park at Woolwich Arsenal and jump on the DLR. Takes less than 20 mins.

Didn't think of doing that, good idea that.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, much appreciated
  • Options
    I saw Depeche Mode there last week, got out sharpish at the end and got a tube without a problem.

But someone on here reckoned they were shuffling along/queuing towards the underground for 90 mins.

It's the same as Wembley Stadium, sort out your exit route and get out sharpish, if you don't want to be queuing for ages.
  • Options
    Bit off topic but yesterday was the 25th anniversary of Guns N Roses at Wembley Stadium supported by Faith No More and Soundgarden.
  • Options

Bit off topic but yesterday was the 25th anniversary of Guns N Roses at Wembley Stadium supported by Faith No More and Soundgarden.

A mere quarter of a century .... I was there - an unforgettable occasion.
  • Options
    Yep was there too at Wembley in '92, was bloody lucky that my next GCSE exam wasn't until the following Wednesday so my parents let me go with my pals. A good few of us are going this Saturday to relive our youth.
  • Options
    Park on the eastern end of Old Ford Road (near Ruston St) - so long as you park after 5.30pm it's fine - then walk over the footbridge and you are only a nice 10min stroll along the 'Greenway' from the stadium. You will also be back on the A102(M) within a couple of minutes....

We did it for Depeche Mode and it was excellent...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Yep was there too at Wembley in '92, was bloody lucky that my next GCSE exam wasn't until the following Wednesday so my parents let me go with my pals. A good few of us are going this Saturday to relive our youth.

My mates didn't want to go because Matt Sorum wasn't playing. :neutral:
  • Options
    Park on cadogan terrace. You don't have to pay past 6pm and it's a short walk over the A12 to the stadium.

Done it a few times now when going there.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Don't get a parking ticket....I think all of the revenue goes to West Ham.
  • Options
    I'm just praying there's none of this coming on stage 2 hours late bollocks. Although I heard part of them reforming was down to Axl signing a contract to perform on time lol
  • Options

I'm just praying there's none of this coming on stage 2 hours late bollocks. Although I heard part of them reforming was down to Axl signing a contract to perform on time lol

There is a strict local curfew so if they come on that late you'll be lucky to get one rendition of Mr Brownstone.