Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronaldo wants to leave Madrid

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sell Ronaldo to Man Utd for £200m... Bring in Mbappe for £100m could be their approach?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Done it all and won it all with them, but unless he's returning to manure i struggle to see where he'll go... PSG maybe? Or try to return one of the Milan clubs to glory?

Maybe China.
  • Options
    If it's possible for an English club to sign him then I can't see United allowing anyone else to get him, and I can't imagine him wanting to play for another English club. I also don't think he'd be interested in any other league, he seems too interested in breaking records in competitive places.

He may go to the US and triple his earnings in five years, but otherwise France, China etc. doesn't seem like enough of a challenge, even if he would earn more money than we could possibly imagine.
  • Options
    The lifestyle of Madrid is going to be hard for him to replicate in other places. I reckon it suits him perfectly and will be a major factor. Paris or Monaco would be possible locations but I can't see him in China. Manchester would have a sentimental pull but I am not sure he would want to go back to living there.

I wouldn't be surprised if he stays. He has such a fragile ego that he just needs some coddling. Something like this happened a few years ago when the press was dominated all summer by him being 'sad' because Messi had won the Balon d'oro.
  • Options
    I think it may have something to do with Messi signing a new mega contract...
  • Options
    Great player.
  • Options

Sell Ronaldo to Man Utd for £200m... Bring in Mbappe for £100m could be their approach?

200m?! I know he's good, but 32 and past his best.
  • Options

He's returning to his roots to play for C Utd.

Outrageous infringement of my right to free speech etc.

Apologies. Seemed funny at the time...
  • Options
    I've read 200m for Ronaldo & Morata with De Gea going the other way. That would be huge
  • Options
    agim said:

I've read 200m for Ronaldo & Morata with De Gea going the other way. That would be huge

Biggest rip off of the century. De Gea could go for £70m+ alone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    agim said:

That can't be right.

I'd say Morata is 75-80m
    Ronaldo around 100-110 (Madrid will definitely want more but if Ronaldo refuses to play the fee will have to come down)
    De Gea is worth 60-70m on his own.
  • Options
    I did think it was a bit of a wild rumour but when you think about it Madrid would be letting go of 2 first team regulars. They never do that out of choice so maybe De Gea is the sweetener in the deal. Then United would buy Schmichael
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    sam3110 said:

Done it all and won it all with them, but unless he's returning to manure i struggle to see where he'll go... PSG maybe? Or try to return one of the Milan clubs to glory?

He's 32 so he's good for, what, two more years at the top? It's a massive financial investment for any club to pay a transfer fee.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

He's 32 so he's good for, what, two more years at the top? It's a massive financial investment for any club to pay a transfer fee.
    Not just the transfer fee, what about his wages for the next couple of years
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Well he only signed a new 5 year contract last November so they obviously felt he's got more than a couple of years left. Ronaldo is such a supreme athlete and a predator in the box so it's not as if fitness or a lack of pace will be an issue as he gets older.

However if you're looking at it from a business point of view then selling a guy who will be 33 next season for 100m+ who earns about 400k a week is probably not the worst idea.

But i'm still convinced this is just him throwing his toys out of the pram and he'll stay.
  • Options
    Think there could be something in this...he seems genuinely offended by the tax thing, and his ego probably didn't take kindly to being whistled at last season. If his mate Samedo was still here we could have made a move but we'll have to file it as one that got away.