Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Appleton leaves Oxford for Leicester coaching role. .

...I know he is notorious on here , but he's done well at Oxford and find it strange that he would leave a managers job where he is doing well to be an asistant... just shows goes how unattractive league one is.

Comments

• Or how attractive the premier league is
  • CH4RLTON said:

...I know he is notorious on here , but he's done well at Oxford and find it strange that he would leave a managers job where he is doing well to be an asistant... just shows goes how unattractive league one is.

Leaving a league 1 club that's undoubtedly reached its peak for a team that won the league a season ago? No brainer.
  • The big question is, who is going to take over at Oxford?
  • I could see Oxford going in for someone like Chrissy Powell.
  • Oooh !

I have Oxford at home in the Sweepstake !
  • Curbs 16/1
  • Isn't Alex Dyer a favourite down there or have I made that up?
  • think oxford may struggle next season without him, could be purely for financial gain or stuff going on behind the scenes not allowed to spend etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Considering Appleton has basically made a career out of being the bloke you bring in after you sack your manager, mostly because he just happens to be there, this is a great move on his part. Shakespeare will eventually be sacked. Appleton will probably position himself in a way that he can be appointed caretaker manager and he'll go from there. In 6 years you'll see him bowl up as Barcelona assistant manager and then you know he really is a genius.