Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"PROMOTION"

2»

Comments

• Options
    They say the same at the start of every season!
  • Options
    I will assess our promotion credentials upon conclusion of the away friendly at Welling Utd.
  • Options
    I dont consider the size of the stadium to be indicative of how big a club is, otherwise Queens Park would be as big a club as Rangers or Celtic in Scotland.

Attendance is the real factor, and in that sense Roland has managed to shrink it to that of a medium sized L1 club.
  • Options

Talk is cheap and Roland likes cheap.

Let's see who else we get in because IMHO we are still miles away from having a balanced squad.

Let's see if they really have learnt the lessons from the many mistakes they have made in the past. I hope so but very much doubt it.

Pinnochio is still here so no lessons learnt end of
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    JohnnyH2 said:

I would be more concerned if a club of our size in this league was not talking about promotion

A club that draws crowds of just 10,000 belongs no higher than in League 1.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

I would be more concerned if a club of our size in this league was not talking about promotion

A club that draws crowds of just 10,000 belongs no higher than in League 1.
    Tell that to Bournemouth.
  • Options

The club has shrunk size wise due to the incompetence of our clown like ownership.
    Any glimmer of anything from this shower of shit and the ostriches will be out sucking Roland's salty balls

Nice visual, oohaah. I'm going to have nightmares now.
  • Options

The signs are certainly better this year and there's nothing wrong with being hopeful and optimistic, it makes me feel like a normal football fan again rather than a customer of the absolute shit show we've had for the last 3 years.

However looking at it objectively the squad is short in a lot of areas. We still need depth in others. Also intentions at the beginning of the season are all well and good but I remember a
    Couple of years ago when the words play offs and premier league were mentioned. People also got excited by the team spirit when we saw Makienok taking the loss out of Guy Luzon singing sweet dreams. That ended well didn't it.

Have new ones been installed (presumably as part of the Sparrows Lane redevelopment)?
  • Options
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68525/poll-which-of-the-summer-signings-has-captured-your-imagination

Two years ago some people were getting exited about Saar!
    *With respect to Afka and Lookie please don't make any Daisy jokes*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will still end up with a inadequate squad and it will again become obvious the first time a pound note gets waved under the owners nose or one of the 14 senior professionals gets injured
  • Options
    edited June 2017

June 2016

Nicky Ajose - "I can do something similar next year then it could end in promotion. My aspirations for next season were to be playing the Championship but when a team like Charlton come calling..."

Lee Novak - "A club this size needs to be looking for promotion to get up the leagues and I’m hopeful that we can achieve that next season"

Swisdom - "Transfer dealings so far.......I'd say that's a good 9/10. Well done to all involved"

It's like The Truman Show...

Trolling of @Swisdom that even @nug and @Davo55 would be proud of.

: - )

• Options
    HarryLime said:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68525/poll-which-of-the-summer-signings-has-captured-your-imagination

I called Cebellos ffs clearly I know nothing about football and am going to take up tiddly winks.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

I will assess our promotion credentials upon conclusion of the away friendly at Welling Utd.

I was planning on doing it at halftime
  • Options
    I'm completely focussed on winning the lottery this year. No ifs, no buts. I've learned from my mistakes. I understand I was choosing the wrong numbers last season and this year I fully intend to get the numbers right.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Interesting to hear that word from Pearce and Fosu.

No hesitation

When asked "What are you looking to achieve this season" both replied instantly with "Promotion"

I get the impression that's being drilled into them big time!

Sounds like they have been drinking the KR Kool-Aid of "everything is right with the world."
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Deary me, that's a depressing thread.
  • Options
    Cheap talk from a cheap Mgr telling the team to tow the line

Robinson has the look of the love child combo of Eddie Howe and Paul Jewell

And the Mgr skills of Freye and she who is not allowed to be named but is just as shit
  • Options
    Mid table again. This coming season, probably the next, and the following. He's not selling. We are not ambitious. Get used to it. We are not as bad as Coventry and Leyton Orient.

I'm generally an optimistic person but if he does not sell I have little confidence of anything other than league 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

June 2016

Nicky Ajose - "I can do something similar next year then it could end in promotion. My aspirations for next season were to be playing the Championship but when a team like Charlton come calling..."

Lee Novak - "A club this size needs to be looking for promotion to get up the leagues and I’m hopeful that we can achieve that next season"

Swisdom - "Transfer dealings so far.......I'd say that's a good 9/10. Well done to all involved"

It's like The Truman Show...

To be fair they were good signings at the time - who knew the Charltonisation could happen so quickly and devastatingly