Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth advance train tickets

124»

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

On ground guide either the Wetherspoons (the Britannia) or Hyde Park Social Club are recommended - any ideas if either are decent ?

The Britannia is fine, though it's right by home park so bit of a home fans place, but always has plenty away fans except Exeter city, dirty northern bastards.
    hyde park social club is miles away nearly the city centre, on the street it's on there's also plenty other pubs- including another spoons, this one really is awful!
    If you're heading that way can recommend the fortescue.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

se9addick said:

On ground guide either the Wetherspoons (the Britannia) or Hyde Park Social Club are recommended - any ideas if either are decent ?

The Britannia is fine, though it's right by home park so bit of a home fans place, but always has plenty away fans except Exeter city, dirty northern bastards.
    Endorse this.

I'll be there myself at 2pm.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Certain you'll not get served in the Wetherspoons.
    Why (assuming it's open!)?
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Certain you'll not get served in the Wetherspoons.
    Why (assuming it's open!)?
    hahahahahaha

All joking aside, the past couple of times I have been down there it has been very home only. Besides, a Wetherspoons bang next to the ground is going to be rather full.
  • Options
    This ground sounds like a nightmare for pubs
  • Options
    RedMist said:

se9addick said:

hyde park social club is miles away nearly the city centre, on the street it's on there's also plenty other pubs- including another spoons, this one really is awful!
    Google maps says Hyde Park Social Club is the same distance from ground as the Brittania?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

RedMist said:

se9addick said:

Google maps says Hyde Park Social Club is the same distance from ground as the Brittania?
    Brittania is closer. If I was going I'd head for Mutley Plain, there's a spoons and about 5/6 other pubs and bars all of them are about 15 minutes walk from the stadium. Plenty of choice then.
  • Options

se9addick said:

RedMist said:

se9addick said:

Brittania is closer. If I was going I'd head for Mutley Plain, there's a spoons and about 5/6 other pubs and bars all of them are about 15 minutes walk from the stadium. Plenty of choice then.
    We'love be heading there
  • Options
    se9addick said:

RedMist said:

se9addick said:

Erm no, Britannia is 5 minutes walk from the ground, it'll take 5 minutes to walk from one end of mutley plain ( where hyde park social is) to the other, it's about a 25/30 minute walk from mutley to home park, entirely doable though, just don't go in the Wetherspoons in mutley, please, go to the fortescue, prize winning real ale and cider pub.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Yea not really any outside apart from the Britannia, aĺĺ student digs now.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Drink in the city centre then cab it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How far is the station from the ground? Need to get the 5.54pm train back, so wanna leave enough time.
  • Options

How far is the station from the ground? Need to get the 5.54pm train back, so wanna leave enough time.

Brisk 20 minutes walk.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

se9addick said:

RedMist said:

se9addick said:

Erm no, Britannia is 5 minutes walk from the ground, it'll take 5 minutes to walk from one end of mutley plain ( where hyde park social is) to the other, it's about a 25/30 minute walk from mutley to home park, entirely doable though, just don't go in the Wetherspoons in mutley, please, go to the fortescue, prize winning real ale and cider pub.
    The Mutley Wetherspoons was the provider of all my toilet roll whilst living near for 2 years, I urge you all to go there and repay my debts. Watch out for the lady who pushes her dog in a pram though, she's pure filth.
  • Options
    cheers elfs should have plenty of time to stock up on some celebratory refreshments on way back to the station.
  • Options
    For those staying over, the Hoe is absolutely heaving for the fireworks. Well worth the effort, we did it last year.

Never found a boozer near the ground from where I park so thanks for the tips. I need to be close to the ground so I guess the Britannia it is for us. Can I have a clique badge sent to me for recognition purposes? :-)
  • Options
    RedMist said:

It's in plympton where I am, which is almost the edge of Dartmoor, there's a few other chippies just as good really, a couple on the barbican which is the city centre.
    Might try the "Harbour" - lobster and chips would make a change.
  • Options

RedMist said:

It's in plympton where I am, which is almost the edge of Dartmoor, there's a few other chippies just as good really, a couple on the barbican which is the city centre.
    Might try the "Harbour" - lobster and chips would make a change.
    If you do visit the barbican pay a visit to the dolphin for a proper old sailors pub!