Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cameron Stewart back on trial

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017

Liked him when he was here before. Could be an ideal back up player on the basis that we keep Holmes. Still only 26 so a good age....hopefully he can kick start his career and contribute as well as he did before.

I remember being disappointed when he joined Leeds instead of us in the past..was this the player Andy Hughes encouraged to join Leeds a couple of years ago and got hammered on social media for doing so.

Yes and I agree with you. If he's as good as he was before, it would be a good signing, as long as he's not a replacement for Holmes.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Good to have him on a trial basis first, don't see any harm in that.

Thought he was a good player last time around. Unfortunately, he hasn't played a ton of football since he left us, unfortunately.

Not having a club last season is obviously a bit concerning but it is what it is and getting him in now on a trial basis is the best way to handle such a thing.

Still 5 weeks before the season starts.
    Plenty of friendlies to be played.
    If he looks ok give hem a 12 month contract.
    If not get rid. Simple as.
    Completely agree.
  • Options
    Pretty sure Leeds fans ended up calling him Cameron Shithouse.

Was ok here before, nothing more.

Hugely worrying that he was out of the game for a whole season.
  • Options
    Big average League One player IMO. Ok as squad back up on a one year contract if we are trying for promotion.
  • Options
    I believe the appropriate word is "underwhelmed".
  • Options

For a player that only played 11 games they must be experts like us lot.
  • Options
    If he's back on trial that might explain where he's been the past year
  • Options
    P.s he's only 5ft 8 according to... every internet source!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

'If we sign all the wingers, no-one else will have any wingers. They'll hate that' - Katrien Meire, 2017

Ha ha. In fairness we had a lack of wingers last year and have lost Botaka and Byrne (& Chicksen who covered the left wing). We need 4 gd wingers otherwise as soon as we get injuries the likes of Clarke, Watt & Ajose would have to play out wide & they are not wingers.

Fosu is still young so it makes sense to bring in more experienced back up to Marshall and Holmes. Injuries and squad depth have been out weakness over the last couple of yrs so it's good to see us finally look to be acquiring a squad fit for promotion with 2 players for every position.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Whilst we are at it let's get Hogan Ephraim and Danny N'Guesson back as well to bolster the attack....

Don't remember him! N'Guessan popped up with a few goals at the end of the promotion season from.memory.
  • Options
    Apparently he tried to get a trial at Huddersfield but Andy Hughes told him to go to Charlton.
  • Options
    Backward step... End of
  • Options
    Good signing for an average League One club going nowhere...like us.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Can he play full back? We only have Solly fit with Barnes to back up either side.
  • Options

Man U academy player, which probably didn't help...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He looked ok in a struggling side in 2013-14 when Powell was being overwhelmed by the difficulties of trying to get results from a thin squad playing on a dreadful pitch.

Bit like Ajose? At Man Utd at the same time + both England Schoolboy/Youth prospects + both unable to settle subsequently?

The most revealing thing here is we're - as ever - willing to try out anyone who is cheap/unattached and might produce a bit of the class that they once had.

At least - I assume he's cheap :-)
  • Options

He looked ok in a struggling side in 2013-14 when Powell was being overwhelmed by the difficulties of trying to get results from a thin squad playing on a dreadful pitch.

Bit like Ajose? At Man Utd at the same time + both England Schoolboy/Youth prospects + both unable to settle subsequently?

The most revealing thing here is we're - as ever - willing to try out anyone who is cheap/unattached and might produce a bit of the class that they once had.

At least - I assume he's cheap :-)

I would prefer we spend our budget on the likes of a GK, a LB, a "Number 10" (Reeves), then a 3rd/4th choice winger.
  • Options
    Can't wait till Robinson blames bad luck when we start picking up injuries and are forced into playing inadequate players.

"It's been unfortunate to have the likes of Kashi, Stewart and Ceballos pick up injuries"..
  • Options
    He scored some screamers for us!
  • Options
    Good player the first time he was with us in a tougher league. If he's still got the talent and has the commitment (which may have been why he hasn't played for a while) then it could end up a shrewd signing. Hope it works out for all parties.

Get Stewart in, a keeper, a LB and a RB then I think we're there.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2017

Cannot believe the negativity, although I do guess thats what the regime has done to us!

If Stewart signs as a replacement for Holmes, I get the concern. But KR has made it clear he wants a second XI that can do a job when required. If we go into the season with Holmes and Marshall starting, with Stewart and Fosu as back up, then I think thats the best you can hope for in League 1.

Not sure how people can slag us off for looking at a player with a decent amount of experience, mostly at this level or above, and say its a backward step to have a player on trial for gods sake!

Not so much negativity but lack of blind faith enthusiasm. I wish Cameron Stewart well & it is a good trial, & I hope it works out well. It does fit the Duchatelet pattern of out of contract & free transfer shopping. My blind faith enthusiasm for the Duchatelet project ran short a long time ago. Charlton supporters will give Cameron Stewart good encouragement & support especially if he works hard & shows passion & effort in his game.