Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Training Ground 'dump'.

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

It's a construction site so will look like a shit tip. Some of the construction sites our guys see when they are being handed over make Sparrows Lane look like an OCD housewife has been to stay

'OCD housewife'
    Don't make me get on my mental health soapbox.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I thought this was going to be a "who Dunnit" mystery.

As in somebody had a dump on Robinson's Desk. My money would have been on revenge by Russell Slade.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

It's a construction site so will look like a shit tip. Some of the construction sites our guys see when they are being handed over make Sparrows Lane look like an OCD housewife has been to stay

'OCD housewife'
    Don't make me get on my mental health soapbox.
    You've been bulk-buying your cleaning materials again haven't you........
  • Options
    ross1 said:

The capsule contains, RD's ideas on how to run a football team by selling all the good youth players and buying cheap, so as to make a profit. KM's dentures that she wears so as to give her the silly smile she has when being asked difficult questions and all the hopes and dreams of Charlton supporters, that hopefully will come true when the capsule is opened, and the Belgium clowns have gone

The capsules a bit big just for a fag packet, innit?
  • Options
    No Millwall shirt!
  • Options
    It's a crapsule.

Every mistake that has been learned from is loaded into the crapsule and buried with other toxic waste which is funding our new signings.

Workwide, nuclear processing plants have identified a new asset class that makes their waste look good.

Hopefully the halflife of our our waste mistakes will be shorter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A question to those who have been down there recently.

Does there appear to be any activity vis a vis improvements ?
  • Options

A question to those who have been down there recently.

Does there appear to be any activity vis a vis improvements ?

The only difference I noted were the gates leading into the players car park. Apart from that it looks the same as it always did.

• Options
    Went today,new electronic gates installed on road between car park & players car park.I could hear machinery in the distance,but no new buildings have been erected.
  • Options
    clive said:

Went today,new electronic gates installed on road between car park & players car park.I could hear machinery in the distance,but no new buildings have been erected.

Probably the sandwich boy positioning his defensive line of tanks.

They're coming to take you away - ha ha.....
  • Options
    Work is going on on a new entrance between Footscray Rugby club and Sparrows Lane, new road, gates etc. Also refurbishments on the trusts buildings behind the new 4G pitches. The 4G pitches in Footscray rugby club are finished.
    Area between the new 4G pitches and the main training ground does however resemble a dump, it’s where the old AstroTurfs used to be and I believe will eventually be the site of the new main building
  • Options

Work is going on on a new entrance between Footscray Rugby club and Sparrows Lane, new road, gates etc. Also refurbishments on the trusts buildings behind the new 4G pitches. The 4G pitches in Footscray rugby club are finished.
    Area between the new 4G pitches and the main training ground does however resemble a dump, it’s where the old AstroTurfs used to be and I believe will eventually be the site of the new main building

Nothing for the academy or first team then.
  • Options
    The Sparrows Lane 4G pitches are used by the academy, but I believe they still get changed in portacabins, and the first team still eat in one
  • Options
    Spoke to Grant Basey yesterday and he said the two 4G pitches behind the floodlit pitch were excellent. Also said the new build was going to be built where the floodlit pitch is , which surprised me.

The first team practice on the grass though. Still very waterlogged yesterday. I wore boots but the bottom of my jeans were coated in mud when I got in.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

The Sparrows Lane 4G pitches are used by the academy, but I believe they still get changed in portacabins, and the first team still eat in one

Yes, I think there are identifiable football club benefits from phase one. The more recent work, however, allegedly funded by Lookman money, has all been for the community trust and the rugby club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes I think so, new owners still have lots to do to take our training ground on to Prem/Championship standards.
  • Options

I've just seen this - I'm sure it will offend someone on here but it did make me chuckle. So very true about a whole range of managers standing around giving their opinions but no-one to actually do the work!
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Yes, I think there are identifiable football club benefits from phase one. The more recent work, however, allegedly funded by Lookman money, has all been for the community trust and the rugby club.

what would be the point of doing that?
  • Options
    edited February 2018

what would be the point of doing that?

One of many aspects in which Duchatelet’s approach has been characterised by muddle. It makes no business sense.
  • Options
    It is a muddle, one would of thought that the first team would come 1st on the list, followed by the academy & football trust.. As with the Valley, shining new seats but no one to sit on them because the football is Shite.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Tim Cahill yet to sort permanent accomodation.
    Sorry, read my text on the thread "Has a spelling mistake ever pissed you off" :smiley: