Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life V's Net Addicks the charity match

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
If a charity match was to be organised again in the near future why not make up a little cup and every couple of years play a competitive match against a team from NA.

Proceeds go to charity and would give the winning side at least a year’s worth of bragging rights.

Comments

• Options
    AFKA said he'd organise it ;-)

Besides, there would only be one Netaddicks player pretending to be 10 other people!
  • Options
    without wishing to come across the wrong way, i think they might have trouble raising a side.
  • Options
    i'll play for NA lol
  • Options
    We could always do Charlton Life v WSS and his harem.... plenty of players there....

;-)
  • Options
    Well could even play against a Charlton Vets side if the FPA were up for it proceeds split between the charity and FPA or a charity they support.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]We could always do Charlton Life v WSS and his harem.... plenty of players there....

;-)
    Leave me alone!!
  • Options
    there won't be anything again for a while.

i know everyone is on a high, but these things don't work too well too regularly.
  • Options
    I agree AFKA - as a one off these days are brilliant. You wouldnt get the same sort of take up next time cos the older codgers amongst us have now had the experience and can now retire contentedly.................

Would need to be something different next time to get the full Charlton Life momentum behind it. Sponsored parachute jump into the centre circle ...............
  • Options
    Would need to be something different next time to get the full Charlton Life momentum behind it. Sponsored parachute jump into the centre circle ...............[/quote]

off your shoulders big man ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Would need to be something different next time to get the full Charlton Life momentum behind it. Sponsored parachute jump into the centre circle ...............

off your shoulders big man ?[/quote]

lollol!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let me stop aching first.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I agree AFKA - as a one off these days are brilliant. You wouldnt get the same sort of take up next time cos the older codgers amongst us have now had the experience and can now retire contentedly.................

Not all of us old codgers could play on Wednesday.....:-)
  • Options
    are we still having the sponsored orange face and blonde wig day next year?
  • Options
    "Not all of us old codgers could play on Wednesday.....:-)"

True and if a new wave of people sign on to the board then there may be an appetite to repeat it ................

I will happily come and watch the next one whilst joining killer for the occasional one in the Oak :-)
  • Options
    I am (will) be intrested in doing a charity match, I know there Addickted.net have organised a match on Saturday 16th and a 5 'a' side tornument although that is linked through the club...
  • Options
    Five a side might be easier and could represent the honour of CL against Addickted/CAFC Babes. They are raising a team of 10 paying £25 a head (includes food and profit to Demelza) to play at Sparrows Lane.

Plus point is someone else is organising it so Danny can have a break.
  • Options
    yes, 8th June..

although I cant do it because of work :(
  • Options
    And I can't do it because of a wedding (not mine!)on the 9th in Falmouth........
  • Options
    Looking further ahead. To this day next year. How about a charity match against some Sunderland fans 10 years on from the Wembley game?
  • Options
    brilliant idea kigelia.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is a great shout where could we hold it though?

It would have to be a neutral venue either in London or some where more in between for both parties I suppose.
  • Options
    Charlton Life vs Charlton Life Clique perhaps :-)
  • Options
    Will there be trouble at this game!lol!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I think we need some clique team sheets, the Charlton Loyal one should be amusing... sink baby sink!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]Looking further ahead. To this day next year. How about a charity match against some Sunderland fans 10 years on from the Wembley game?
    [cite]Posted By: mad83[/cite]That is a great shout where could we hold it though?

It would have to be a neutral venue either in London or some where more in between for both parties I suppose.

Wembley?
    I've never played there before...... ;-)