Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Always go and always disappointed. Come away thinking we have some player there Yassin Moutakill, Danny Green, Joe Pigott and Nicky Ajose to mention the more recent players and then........ not much when it matters!. Who will flatter to deceive this year.
  • Options
    Five of us going. Glad to have footy back. Glutton for punishment yet again.

Having to pace myself as I'm off to 'The Dogs after in Crayford!

Also keen to see if that steward is there with the roll of fat on the back of his head, he gets chanted at every year.
  • Options
    Taking my 5yr old boy to this. Took him last year for his first, and so far only, game and he enjoyed it so asked if he could come again this year.
  • Options
    will there be a pitch invasion?
  • Options

Really looking forward to being thousands of miles away for this.

Do Welling have any Irish players by any chance ?

No, but we do...........Paddy O'Bauer.
  • Options
    Is it too late to book a box?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

Redrobo said:

Is it too late to book a box?

There's a place up the High Street if you want that kind of thing.
    blue door oooops!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

In for both

@The31YearMan is cooing about this being is 5th game in 5 days. I pointed out that we've played 5 games in 6 days, but he said that as we kicked off at 7.45pm on Monday night, he's moving in 24 hour increments from that point.

He's also mouthing of about being out in Ireland with the likes of the Lewis brothers, thinking he's hit the big time.

Pathetic

To my knowledge, this is the first time in years that cabbles has graced us with his presence at Welling.
    He thinks a double header will impress his uncle.

Wrong
  • Options

Would have gone but I'm off to Ypres.

Same here.
  • Options

cabbles said:

In for both

@The31YearMan is cooing about this being is 5th game in 5 days. I pointed out that we've played 5 games in 6 days, but he said that as we kicked off at 7.45pm on Monday night, he's moving in 24 hour increments from that point.

He's also mouthing of about being out in Ireland with the likes of the Lewis brothers, thinking he's hit the big time.

Pathetic

To my knowledge, this is the first time in years that cabbles has graced us with his presence at Welling.
    He thinks a double header will impress his uncle.

Wrong
    You get my respect for doing all the of the friendlies this season, but they will not count toward your total for the season

The few defenders that you had on here like @oohaahmortimer have long since lost interested in your pathetic 31 year run, full of 'dispensations'
  • Options
    What time is the demo ??
  • Options

Yep,might take in the Greenwich Boro game as well.

Both kick off at the same time dont they so be impressive if you cant attend both ;)
    Greenwich Borough is 19.45 smarty pants!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    For anyone wanting to cover the costs of the entrance of and the beer before hand, of the match. Charlton are 10/11 to win with Bet365 - so if you bet on Welling Double chance you will almost double your money to do so!

;-)
  • Options
    Hope KM gets stick today
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Haven't missed one for at least 10 years.

Tomorrow is no exception.

I don't think I've missed one since the late 90's. Always use it as a guide to the coming season & to run the ruler over our new signings (can't forget Miguel Lara's debut performance here - sliced every ball out of play. Also Ajose's hat trick last season - before he was Charltonised)

Usually a boiling hot day & have fun trying to work out who's playing (especially when there are a few trialists) as the tannoy man sounds like he's speaking through a toilet roll tube.
    A toilet roll tube is also known as a "doo dee doo".......at least down my way.
  • Options

For anyone wanting to cover the costs of the entrance of and the beer before hand, of the match. Charlton are 10/11 to win with Bet365 - so if you bet on Welling Double chance you will almost double your money to do so!

;-)

How does double chance work...I have never been one for betting....
  • Options
    Saw Cory Gibbs play there a few years back.......no really I did.
  • Options
    Will this see the debut of the (what I'm assuming) blue away kit? Or are we just gonna go "skins."
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    By the way these match previews have hit rock fecking bottom.
  • Options
    Were aupposed to be wearing the official third kit today
  • Options

the nags head can get a bit assey afterwards, in recent years they've brought in some rules like no trainers after 6pm.

Well, that won't keep Bowyer out as he's now upgraded to Asst. Manager......
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

the nags head can get a bit assey afterwards, in recent years they've brought in some rules like no trainers after 6pm.

Well, that won't keep Bowyer out as he's now upgraded to Asst. Manager......
  • Options
    For the first time in about 15 years I'm not going to this. Cannot be arsed on any level. Went for a final London to Paris training ride instead.

Shame, used to really look forward to this, but the last couple have had me sitting thinking WTF am I doing here from about 20mins in.
  • Options
    The last few times I have been there I have not made it out of the pub to get to the game. In fact, last time we played them I had to log in here the morning after to find out what the score was.