Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exeter away in the League Cup

Delete if this has been mentioned elsewhere & I've missed it, but it's £22 a ticket for this!

£22 + travel to Exeter on a weeknight for a League Cup game, ridiculous

Comments

• Options

Delete if this has been mentioned elsewhere & I've missed it, but it's £22 a ticket for this!

Should there be a midweek discounted rate for travel and match tickets?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    It is £16.00 to stand in the home end & as the away standing end is closed for renovation works,they are charging £22.00 for a seat.
    As a 'trust' owned club you would have thought they would consider the fans & charge more realistic prices.
    Maybe somebody from our 'trust' could make representations on behalf of any fans travelling to the game.
  • Options
    £22 is a piss take to sit in a non league ground for a league cup game
  • Options
    What an absolute joke! No wonder so many fans feel so alienated from the game nowadays. I feel clubs sometimes are just so out of touch with fans in general - this being a prime example.
  • Options

Should there be a midweek discounted rate for travel and match tickets?
    Potentially but ideally you wouldn't be paying £22 for a Round 1 League Cup match
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    clive said:

It is £16.00 to stand in the home end & as the away standing end is closed for renovation works,they are charging £22.00 for a seat.
    As a 'trust' owned club you would have thought they would consider the fans & charge more realistic prices.
    Maybe somebody from our 'trust' could make representations on behalf of any fans travelling to the game.

I thought they couldn't charge away fans more than they are charging their own fans ?? Just because there isn't an away terrace to house the away fans shouldn't mean they can charge more for a seat. Its their fault/problem there is no standing for away fans & so they will just have to take the hit. I am down in Devon that week & was planning on taking Golfie Jnr there - I am not going to pay £22 so will either go into the home end or if not allowed will make a stand ( no pun intended) and kick up a fuss.
  • Options

clive said:

I thought they couldn't charge away fans more than they are charging their own fans ?? Just because there isn't an away terrace to house the away fans shouldn't mean they can charge more for a seat. Its their fault/problem there is no standing for away fans & so they will just have to take the hit. I am down in Devon that week & was planning on taking Golfie Jnr there - I am not going to pay £22 so will either go into the home end or if not allowed will make a stand ( no pun intended) and kick up a fuss.
    They can't charge more for a commensurate view, they would argue that they aren't offering a commensurate view with the £16 tickets.

It's still a knock from a supposedly community oriented club.
  • Options
    how many fans are going to go?, 2-300 if that would be £6,600 are exeter really that desperate for that cash.
  • Options
    Competition rules:

22.1 Immediately after the draw is known the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices. All questions in dispute must be immediately referred to the Management Committee for settlement.
  • Options
    Crazy, you would think this sort of game would be tenner and a fiver.