Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So there never was a decent budget for this summer, was there?

13»

Comments

• Options
    NugNug
    edited July 2017
    mascot88 said:

I've got this horrible feeling we are in for a real relation battle this year, the way things have been handled over the last few years, you just can't keep doing it until the bottom falls out.

Horribly upsetting of course not that these c**** give a f***

They certainly don't give a shit about the fans but I must believe they care about the club being reasonably succcessful otherwise what's the point. Problem is there isn't a single person in a position of authority who has a clue how to do that as has been proven time and time again, whatever other people will have you believe.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I don't think we will get relegated, but to get promoted we have to hope Watt is back to his best, Kashi doesn't break down, Solly's injury issues are not too bad, JFC gets goals from midfield. It feels like a lot of luck is required - possibly too much luck as I would say getting two out of the four might be the best we can hope for and we could say we have done well.

If we have bad luck with injuries, relegation can't be ruled out. I would estimate the odds (as I see it now) are automatic 1%, Play Offs 14%, Relegation 10%. Things could change with some decent signings, but I am not expecting anything to be different to other windows with these clowns in charge. We are always 2 to 3 of the right signings away from a decent season!
  • Options
    I'm sure we'll sign a left back and a GK but after that we may go with what we've got. Other signings could depend on getting Sarr off the wage bill or if Konsa is sold. I agree a good season is relying on a lot of players stepping up or staying fit. Feels like too many at the moment.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Without a new GK or LB we will go into the season hamstrung, with them it will be like the start of the last few seasons, ok without any injuries, but zero depth.

Same old same old.

How there is surprise left among us I'll never know.

Ed. Just the keeper then, I do think that will be it. Maybe a loan after the start of the season.
  • Options
    I can't see how we will get Sarr off the wage bill other than loaning him out to a network club! Getting Tex of the wage bill should in theory free up the possibility of signing two or three decent players. Sarr may actually be an asset at this level.
  • Options

I don't think we will get relegated, but to get promoted we have to hope Watt is back to his best, Kashi doesn't break down, Solly's injury issues are not too bad, JFC gets goals from midfield. It feels like a lot of luck is required - possibly too much luck as I would say getting two out of the four might be the best we can hope for and we could say we have done well.

If we have bad luck with injuries, relegation can't be ruled out. I would estimate the odds (as I see it now) are automatic 1%, Play Offs 14%, Relegation 10%. Things could change with some decent signings, but I am not expecting anything to be different to other windows with these clowns in charge. We are always 2 to 3 of the right signings away from a decent season!

Thank you ohh ah....
  • Options
    With JD's return, we still have just one fit & able left back and one capable if inexperienced goalkeeper. Without one more for each of those positions, the squad remains fatally inadequate for the season ahead. Cracks maybe could be papered over until 31 August, but if these yawning gaps aren't filled before then, nothing can be done before January, short of recruiting some unattached misfit. Josh Wright, Ben Reeves, et al are but pipe dreams and distractions from the really urgent vacancies. At this rate Gobbinson will have to register Lee Turner as a player, just in case. With 2 weeks and 3 PSF's til kick off any belated arrivals (don't hold your breath) won't be up to speed, nor immersed in the FSG's ethos. :dizzy:
    Have a good'un one and all :D
  • Options
    2 weeks to the first game, likely line up for then;

Phillips
    Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Dasilva (if he's fit after summer exploits)
    Holmes, Crofts, JFC, Marshall
    Clarke, Magennis

Bench;

Beeney, Konsa, JJ, Aribo, Fosu, Watt, Novak.

I don't see Kashi making it but happy to be proved wrong, maybe Novak instead of Watt.

To me looks very weak in goal (not that I don't rate Philips but zero back up or clear that he's up to a full season through the bumps).
    Lacking cover for Solly, as it stands only really konsa to fill in.
    Ditto at left back, is JJ our cover!?
    Centre Mid's, very reliant on JFC who is yet to prove he's at the grade required for creativity.
    Goals -think Magennis is capable of 15 if see's out the season, but otherwise it's unclear where we will see them coming from.

If the above all stay fit my prediction is a reasonable first 14 games, maybe 18/19 points so likely about 12th place and 4 points from the play off's and a similar number from relegation.

Then as injury, suspension and the heavier ground takes hold we'll be having the usual winless run but a bit earlier than prior years and we'll end up at the end of 2017 in about 16th place and 27 points and worse than last season.

The players we have, in the main, are of the right quality, just not enough of them to sustain a season. I think we're 4-5 short of anything reasonable to compete (and by compete I mean be in the top 10), with luck we could be a 5th-10h place team, with a bit of bad luck on injuries and the like (which we will get) it'll be another season of struggle and I do fear for where that will lead......

Still, I'm sure I'm going to be proved wrong and by next Saturday we'll have another 2-3 additions and 5 by the end of August...... :neutral:
  • Options
    I think we will have to go with an out of position reserve LB as with Page on the wage bill we can't/won't justify another one, in my view.