Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heading in the right direction?

(didn't know where to put this question so stuck it in it's own thread - which might Piotr out)...

Should we be concerned that so many of the pre-season goals have been headers? If our strategy is to whip crosses in all season it, well, doesn't seem like a very good strategy... Do we need a more stringent Charlton height test?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2017

(didn't know where to put this question so stuck it in it's own thread - which might Piotr out)...

Should we be concerned that so many of the pre-season goals have been headers? If our strategy is to whip crosses in all season it, well, doesn't seem like a very good strategy... Do we need a more stringent Charlton height test?

Just as worrying is we've played 6 games and only had 4 clean sheets.
  • Options

Exactly, everybody else is heading left and we are heading in the right direction. Thread question answered.
  • Options
    We seem to be heading in the same direction that we have for the last three years. Selling players and not replacing them, the manager saying we need three or four more players before the season starts when we all know he has no chance of getting them.

Blah, blah, blah.

I would not be shocked or surprised if we finish mid table or lower next season.
  • Options
    We are consolidating our position of mid table mediocrity.
  • Options
    no point in having good 'crossers' if we only ever get one man in the box .. this division is full with big tough central defenders who love an aerial tussle .. we really need to play two in attack
  • Options
    Mine was a genuine question about the seeming over reliance on crosses no one is worried about this?
  • Options

Mine was a genuine question about the seeming over reliance on crosses no one is worried about this?

read my comment above .. also, conversely, if Konsa and Pearce are to be our first choice central defenders, I will be worried about our ability to defend against an aerial bombardment
  • Options

no point in having good 'crossers' if we only ever get one man in the box .. this division is full with big tough central defenders who love an aerial tussle .. we really need to play two in attack

THIS.
  • Options

THIS.
    Nailed it.