Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bermondsey beer mile

On my mate's birthday and we've picked this thing called the Bermondsey beer mile. Starts in these craft beer places under the arches near south Bermondsey, but we had to stop off in the blue anchor because of the rain. It's so Millwall. I'm in hell here. Half expecting all the kids to all start chanting milllllllll

What a load of shite

And they've just put chas and dave on....

Comments

• Options
    When you get home, straight in the bath with a bottle of Dettol.
  • Options
    Outrageous behaviour from a Mod.
    Ibborg have a word
  • Options
    Mate I didn't choose it, but I have to show my face. Get me to the London bridge part as soon as possible
  • Options
    Make sure you wipe your feet on the way out and say 100 "Hail Kermogants" in pennance there's a good chap!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

On my mate's birthday and we've picked this thing called the Bermondsey beer mile. Starts in these craft beer places under the arches near south Bermondsey, but we had to stop off in the blue anchor because of the rain. It's so Millwall. I'm in hell here. Half expecting all the kids to all start chanting milllllllll

What a load of shite

And they've just put chas and dave on....

But Chas and Dave! I mean.... what's wrong. They put everything right.
  • Options
    Never been on it myself but I heard it's good.

If any of the scum give you grief just say I'm Charlton and what?! Usually bemused looks from most. If they start repeat I'm Charlton and what whilst biting off a piece of glass from the pint. They will soon leave off and you get on with your day. from experience it works . obviously be careful with the glass.
  • Options
    I am absolutely shocked.....................cabbles has got mates!
  • Options
    Did it a few months ago, it's a cracking day out. We purposely picked a Saturday that the scum were away though. :smiley:
  • Options
    Does this include the ship aground at dockhead or is that too far along?
  • Options
    Did it again a few weeks ago with some mates - bloomin excellent way to spend a Sat afternoon (if you can avoid the large stag/b'day parties etc ;-)!!)....ended up at the Wheatsheaf in Bermondsey St on that occasion...never been in before but a good choice of beer... @creepyaddick it doesn't involve any pubs at all...the mile 'true' is a selection of breweries under the railway arches between Bermondsey and London Bridge (apart from Fourpure, which is on an industrial estate)....it finishes on Druid St where there are a couple of breweries/bottle shops within a few hundred metres of each other...think they all close by 7pm or so and then you either head home (hammered) or on to the bright lights of Borough High St / Bermondsey St...

There is actually a new(ish) brewery under the arches in Deptford (Village Brewery), so you could extend the mile and start there....it's then a 10 min cab ride to Fourpure... Or worth checking out Village on it's own one Sat afternoon...