Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dave Berry

Not seen his name mentioned on here before, but somehow found myself watching loose women today, and he was a guest on the programme, seemed like a proper genuine bloke, he talked about Charlton for a fair bit 'an all , said we'll be back up next year.

I do remember him from CD:UK but never knew he was a charlton fan, and grew up in Charlton so i hear. Does a fair bit with MTV and re-launching CD:UK on ch 5.

So he can go on one of our short list of 'famous' fans i suppose, his bird Heidi aint bad either.

Comments

• Options
    He was in the Oak before the Spurs game.

Proper Charlton.
  • Options
    good lad is Dave . Local boy and has been supporting for years not some premiership new fan.

Used to know him pretty well and spent many drunken nights together in our younger days but he doesn't really have the time to go nto the match so much these days.

Gets involved in a bit of charity work for the club so he told me .
  • Options
    It annoys me that whenever I mention his name to people I know and they slate him and yet at least he goes to the games and drinks in our pubs without larging it (unlike some other 'famous' fans we have...)

Fair play to him.
  • Options
    Who is he?
    The only Dave Berry I know is a singer from the 60's.....
  • Options
    tv presenter on music shows, mainly on sky.

we saw Lee Ryan in the Queen Elizabeth a couple of weeks ago. Thought my wife was going to start screaming and barge me old nan out the way !!

nan had never heard of him.....
  • Options
    Does a Saturday afternoon slot on Capital as well, maybe he may have to voice track a bit more next season??
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Dave Berry worked in Greenwich, Bullfrogs or the Observatory I think and used to run alternative club nights above the Ad Hardy and or the Traf I think called Blow Out, I'm sure OAKSTER can correct me on this.

Seemed a nice enough chap when I knew him, and a local boy, so not one of these celeb fans. Its very odd seeing someone you know on that level be on the telly.
  • Options
    yeah, worked in observatory years back. sold me a leather jacket on the cheap cos i knew him from the club nights. nice lad.
  • Options
    I went to Infant School with him, Invita in Blackheath. And the bumped in to him a few years later at Crown Woods Sixth Form.
  • Options
    Enjoying his brekfast show. He was cheering on every new bulletin when they mentioned we had won against hartlepool. a bloke text in ip the lions today. Dave read it out and then said.. yeaaaahhh right...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What station is he on? Gotta be better than bloody Evans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]What station is he on? Gotta be better than bloody Evans.

XFM breakfast show
  • Options
    great show, top man and he loves his charlton. prefered him on drive tho, but hey ho he obviously is doing a good job to get promoted to breakfast. I like the way he gets on the producer dudes back aswell for being northern, always funny.
  • Options
    His Mrs is a sort. Hope he takes her down the Valley soon.
  • Options
    Seems like a really nice bloke.

Read a interview with him a few months back. Says he used to sneak in the Valley, while we were at Sellout park, and found half a dead dog.... Dont know why thats the only thing I remember of the interview?!?!
  • Options
    He was sitting behind me with his best mate at The Millwall game. Really down to earth and didn't mind having a chat. His mate was alright considerng he was a spanner
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Dave Berry worked in Greenwich, Bullfrogs or the Observatory I think and used to run alternative club nights above the Ad Hardy and or the Traf I think called Blow Out, I'm sure OAKSTER can correct me on this.

Seemed a nice enough chap when I knew him, and a local boy, so not one of these celeb fans. Its very odd seeing someone you know on that level be on the telly.

Hipster Flipster upstairs @ The Traf wasn't it Razil?
  • Options
    whatever happened to tramps & tryhards?
  • Options
    Suz - I think that was run by Dans sisters 'too-cool-for-school' mates. I think they just couldn't be bothered anymore. Just as well really, because knocking about in their circles is a bit like being in an episode of Nathan Barley. F**king weirdos!
  • Options
    haha. some of them post on this site!

hilarious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Blinkant[/cite]Seems like a really nice bloke.

Read a interview with him a few months back. Says he used to sneak in the Valley, while we were at Sellout park, and found half a dead dog.... Dont know why thats the only thing I remember of the interview?!?!
    Well that's his season ticket/membership revoked then !!!!!
  • Options
    A lot of chat about Charlton this am, including a phone in about Jonjo having no skin ?!
  • Options
    the news bulletin made me laugh...the top sports news was charlton's shock home defeat last night to lowly orient.
  • Options
    He's only bloody left the Xfm breakfast show today.

Brilliant show because he was funny and so were his team. Most of the music played is great as well.

Licence plate lottery was one of my fav's.

Proper Charlton.

A sad loss to breakfast radio. Now what do I listen to?
  • Options
    Gutted when I heard he was leaving the breakfast show this morning. His laugh is a bit Gervais-like, but bloody hilarious in the morning.

Danny Wallace was average at best when he stood in for him while he was on holiday.

Has the new Xfm breakfast show host been announced?
  • Options
    I reckon he's off to bigger things, perhaps he's taking the mic from BDL next season.
  • Options
    I heard he's going to Capital.
  • Options
    surprized they didnt get chris powell or anyone to give him a message or did i miss that, only started listing to him in the last few weeks as up early to listen to breakfast radio. what was with the sports guy pronouncing fernando toress in full spanish?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I heard he's going to Capital.

Yeah, just seen he's doing weekend Capital breakfast show.

[cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]surprized they didnt get chris powell or anyone to give him a message or did i miss that, only started listing to him in the last few weeks as up early to listen to breakfast radio. what was with the sports guy pronouncing fernando toress in full spanish?

They play on the fact he's multi-lingual/that Berry think's he's a ladies man and that his pronounciation charms the women.

Gutted.
  • Options
    Top man!

Always gave us a mention on the show, and does on twitter a lot too.

Propa Charlton.

Would be interested to see where he goes from here, it was only last week he was interviewing the Foo Figthers.
    He had it good there, so maybe they offered him a squad number for next season.