Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Poll of the week: Who will be the best signing of the summer (so far)

edited July 2017 in General Charlton
We may have more to come, but as it stands, of the 4 players signed so far, who will turn out to be the best?

Poll of the week: Who will be the best signing of the summer (so far) 231 votes

Billy Clarke
5% 12 votes
Mark Marshall
8% 20 votes
Fosu-Henry
38% 88 votes
DaSilva
48% 111 votes

Comments

• I've voted for Fosu-Henry, although I think the poll question should be reworded:

Which summer signing will be the least disappointing?
    Which summer signing will be booed the least?
    Which summer signing will cost us the fewest points?
    Which summer signing will be the least loathed?

Something along those lines would better capture my feelings. I don't expect to "like" any of our new signings. Until Chris Powell is reinstated and these shit stains have effed off, the most positive emotion I can muster for any player is "fond pity".
  • I voted Dasilva as I feel he can really push on this season and prove to be a class player in League One.

I'm surprised about the lack of votes for Marshall. A player who was voted POTY for a Bradford side who finished top 6 last season. Maybe because he is now injured, people have already disregarded him, which would be a shame.

I do feel all 4 current players have the potential to be great signings. Time will tell.
  • Voted for Fosu as I think he could be the surprise success of this summer (so far)
  • edited July 2017
    MrLargo said:

I've voted for Fosu-Henry, although I think the poll question should be reworded:

Something along those lines would better capture my feelings. I don't expect to "like" any of our new signings. Until Chris Powell is reinstated and these shit stains have effed off, the most positive emotion I can muster for any player is "fond pity".

I think you may have a long wait!

As for my selection always between da Silva and Fosu-Henry but hopeful that all 4 and further new additions will have good seasons at SE7.
  • I don't feel as if I'm qualified to vote .. I haven't seen any of them play yet. And that includes DaSilva
  • edited July 2017
    Sage said:

I voted Dasilva as I feel he can really push on this season and prove to be a class player in League One.

I'm surprised about the lack of votes for Marshall. A player who was voted POTY for a Bradford side who finished top 6 last season. Maybe because he is now injured, people have already disregarded him, which would be a shame.

I do feel all 4 current players have the potential to be great signings. Time will tell.

Would have voted him (Marshall) if he wasn't injured. Our record with injured players in recent years is pretty poor so expecting it to be a while until he is firing on all cylinders
  • Marshall got my vote
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

I've voted for Fosu-Henry, although I think the poll question should be reworded:

If you dont feel you can like any of our new signing until Powell is reinstated i feel very sorry for you.
  • Has to be Ricky Holmes.
  • MrLargo said:

Support the team ?
  • I think have been watching football long enough to spot a player that has something about him. Wasn't expecting to see that in Fosu, but did on Saturday. This kid is a footballer and has all the attributes.
  • I know he's not a new signing but reckon Ahearne-Grant will be a big player this season.
  • It is certainly an important season for him.
  • _MrDick said:

I don't feel as if I'm qualified to vote .. I haven't seen any of them play yet. And that includes DaSilva

A little thing like lack of facts doesnt stop people being opinionated on here !!
  • Would have been Marshall, but as injured went for JDS. I feel he finished well last year and a full season could be the making off him to go onto bigger and better things.
  • shine166 said:

_MrDick said:

I don't feel as if I'm qualified to vote .. I haven't seen any of them play yet. And that includes DaSilva

A little thing like lack of facts doesnt stop people being opinionated on here !!
    I've heard on here we got a decent squad and these signings are all great. however I've also hared we aint got a chance with this squad and these new signings will probably make things worse. both of which are fact btw.
  • Sponsored links:

• tgarrat1 said:

Kashi if he stays fit - can't imagine there is a better Central Midfielder than him in this division

Hate to be pedantic yet despite his age; Peter Whittingham for Blackburn is a great signing...
  • Wasn't Billy don't be a hero a song, if he proves a tad greedy that'll be my grumpy line.
  • tgarrat1 said:

Kashi if he stays fit - can't imagine there is a better Central Midfielder than him in this division

Hate to be pedantic yet despite his age; Peter Whittingham for Blackburn is a great signing...
    Maybe his legs have gone.
  • None of the above. Whoever is our new keeper will be the best of the lot
  • Dave Berry?
  • shirty5 said:

None of the above. Whoever is our new keeper will be the best of the lot

Thurham it is then.