Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dave Berry

13»

Comments

• Options

Swisdom said:

Pedro45 said:

Bolder, Humphrey, Webster, Rufus, Powell, Gritt, Parker, Jensen, Walsh, Robinson, Leaburn

versus

Kiely, Mills, Youds, Fortune, Bowen, Bowyer, Kinsella, Curbishley, Grant, Hunt, Mendonca

Good start but I think there might be some bigger names announced

Traoré?

Thuram, Chris Wilder, Amady Faye, Simon Walton and Karim Bagheri might be there
  • Options

_MrDick said:

This will attract the biggest crowd of the season, I reckon ..

Do you think so?

I suppose a lot will depend on ticket pricing. Personally never been a massive fan of non-competitive games where the result doesn't mean anything (no need for the Charlton related follow up jokes...)
    This will be a bit like a celebration of the last 25 years since we came home and it's a fundraiser for the CACT - there's meant to be some big names coming out for this but it might just be nice to remember some of the good old days. A break from the norm if you will
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Delort?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Pedro45 said:

Bolder, Humphrey, Webster, Rufus, Powell, Gritt, Parker, Jensen, Walsh, Robinson, Leaburn

versus

Kiely, Mills, Youds, Fortune, Bowen, Bowyer, Kinsella, Curbishley, Grant, Hunt, Mendonca

Good start but I think there might be some bigger names announced

• Options
    Title should be changed.
  • Options

_MrDick said:

This will attract the biggest crowd of the season, I reckon ..

Do you think so?

I suppose a lot will depend on ticket pricing. Personally never been a massive fan of non-competitive games where the result doesn't mean anything (no need for the Charlton related follow up jokes...)
    From my own perspective, I'm 100% more likely to go to this than a league match and I'm sure others will feel the same
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Pedro45 said:

versus

Like it, but surely Steve Brown instead of Mills, and I'd have Minto over Bowen. Without trying to turn it into a "name your favourite side" exercise, Luke Young -
    Premier League captain and 7 England caps, doesn't seem to get the recognition he deserves. I'd find a space for Mortimer and Nelson as well.
    Well it didn't take me long to think it up so maybe Brownie is a good call. Minto never played for us at The Valley though, as far as I recall, so I discounted him? Morts and Nels are also good calls (maybe Nels for Kim Grant...). Plenty of other options I'm sure!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Pedro45 said:

MrLargo said:

Pedro45 said:

versus

Like it, but surely Steve Brown instead of Mills, and I'd have Minto over Bowen. Without trying to turn it into a "name your favourite side" exercise, Luke Young -
    Premier League captain and 7 England caps, doesn't seem to get the recognition he deserves. I'd find a space for Mortimer and Nelson as well.
    Well it didn't take me long to think it up so maybe Brownie is a good call. Minto never played for us at The Valley though, as far as I recall, so I discounted him? Morts and Nels are also good calls (maybe Nels for Kim Grant...). Plenty of other options I'm sure!
    Minto left in 1994
  • Options
    Roger Johnson
  • Options
    Not sure Danny Mills would have the time to fit it in. Probably get a red on purpose in a match before so he can miss it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worth its own thread
  • Options
    Will roys mate play
  • Options
    Met Danny Mills' dad recently in a pub in Norwich. He confirmed our suspicions about the "Christmas incident"
  • Options
    ......With the words my son can be a bit of a c**t
  • Options
    I hope the turkey was burnt.