Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

herman gone

to pompey on a freebie. 2 year deal.

Comments

• Options
    Oh well.
  • Options
    all the very best Herman.

Though his best days we're behind him, and gave away too many fouls around the box, and struggled against pace.

But always gave his best and i never ask no more than that.
  • Options
    I really liked herman as a character but feel he wouldn't have featured if thatcher, diawarra and bougherra are available. that said it would have been nice to know he's there if needed. i'm amazed pompey have signed him as i can only see him sitting on the bench. good luck herman.
  • Options
    So with herman gone and at least one other centre half not going to be here next season, we can now see where the next priority lies.

This is where i think its clear it will not be that easy next season. They'll be around 10 players leaving this summer, massive upheaval. It needs to be done, but sometimes when you have such a big squad overhaul it doesn't properly gel until year 2.
  • Options
    spot on afka.
    the simple fact is that pardew has got 1 transfer window to build his squad, but most if not all of the budget for that period went last year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]all the very best Herman.

Though his best days we're behind him, and gave away too many fouls around the box, and struggled against pace.

But always gave his best and i never ask no more than that.

Sums it up nicely. I'm not sorry to see him go but wish him well.
  • Options
    If its true that west ham bid 2 million (harry redknapp even stated it) then surely we've been mugged off!
  • Options
    Thanks Herman, you been a great servant to the club, i'll put my hands together in 2 years when we come up against him.!
  • Options
    always liked Herman, good luck to him....
  • Options
    Does the O/S only report when we sign players and not when we get rid of them. They still havn't mention the Hasslewank departure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]If its true that west ham bid 2 million (harry redknapp even stated it) then surely we've been mugged off!

Sounds just like West Ham - bidding money for a player who's on a free!
  • Options
    Thank christ for that
  • Options
    Good servent who was past his best and who will only find it harder as each season goes by. Would have been good in the CCC, but if we'd have stayed up, I'd have liked to have seen him gone anyway, so no great loss.

As for the rebuild, look at Birmingham and more importantly Sunderland last season. They made an awful lot of changes, but got going and didn't look back. Secret of their successes for me was their gaffer in both cases and in Pards I trust. He and PP can do it for us.
  • Options
    West ham bid that in the January window when they were desperate. Hindsight is a wonderful thing...
  • Options
    West ham alledgedly bid that, we don't know if it was true.

Perhaps that was Curbs attempt to make up for the Marcus Bent £2m ????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]If its true that west ham bid 2 million (harry redknapp even stated it) then surely we've been mugged off!

We turned down the bid to West Ham as they were relegation rivals. Curbs presumably knew that he had a release clause in his contract if we were relegated so dangled a carrot. What would us fans have thought if we'd sold him to West Ham and they stayed up, in part, because of him?

If we'd have stayed up maybe we'd have sold him for cash. That was just the chance the club took. Now he goes on a free, such is life. I don't believe we've been mugged off.

Good luck to him. A real stalwart of the club, but passed his best.
  • Options
    As everyone has said he's been a good servant and one of the few `up and at em' players we have had in recent years but he is 32,increasingly injury prone, and looking for a final fling in the Premiership.

Also maybe he wants to see if he can get relegated with a fifth club before he retires!
  • Options
    Great servant but I think the move was right for both parties.

Herman wanted to try and see out his career at the top and we need to rejuvenate the squad with some young blood.

All the best H you were a soldier.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think he had his very worst season for us this season, can't see him improving for us had he stayed with us, we definitely have enough people to cover his place. He's signed a 2 year contract there, he'll be well past it by then I'm sure.

Sad to see him go in a way, I'll miss that nutter, but too many costly mistakes this season.

He goes with good wishes from me.
  • Options
    ns eb rj s, the O/S says Hasselbaink has not actually left yet. Smashing that means we are still paying for his pies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we'll be paying pies for another 5 weeks yet....
  • Options
    a defence including Hermann, Traore and bramble would be an absolute disaster!

I would suggest a smart bet might be on Pompey struggling next season
  • Options
    Hermann did well for us until this season just gone. He definitely appears to have lost pace so really the time is right to let him move on if we want to build a side to get back in the Prem AND STAY THERE!

Has he been relegated as many times as Redfearn yet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonchick[/cite]Yeah, I think he had his very worst season for us this season, can't see him improving for us had he stayed with us, we definitely have enough people to cover his place. He's signed a 2 year contract there, he'll be well past it by then I'm sure.

Sad to see him go in a way, I'll miss that nutter, but too many costly mistakes this season.

He goes with good wishes from me.

I bet you're devastated, CC........he was your hero.
    Never mind, plenty of fish in the sea.

Who d'ya fancy next? ;-)