Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley parking - help please

Hi - my Dad (who is a poster on here, but I won't name him) - has been diagnosed with serious illness, and we have a timeframe we are now having to deal with......

I am sure you understand what I mean

Anyway, he is a season ticket holder, and would normally get the train from Dartford

That is not now an option as walking is very much a challenge

He now wants to see Charlton play as much as he can in the time he has - the owner of the club etc is not now an issue

I have looked at the club website, but I can't find how to get a parking space in the car park - he is very frail, and I would hope that the club could help a long term season ticket holder who now needs their help to see the team he had watched since the 1950's

Can anyone advise who to contact please ?

Comments

• check your inbox
  • Mick Everett is a genuine fan and might be able to direct you if unable to assist himself. I would start with him in current circumstances if it was me.

Others have more 'inside knowledge' than me though.
  • Sorry you are in the situation.
  • Best wishes to you, your dad and family.
  • Thank you both

It's a very sad situation - want remaining time to be the best we make it
  • Thank you both

Quite. I was in the same situation 10 years ago.
  • Thank you both

All the best for this.
  • Just spoke to dad - favourite player Ronnie White - anyone remember him ?

Thank you all for your best wishes
  • All the best to you and your dad.
  • all the best to you both, hope the Club can help you out and hope you get to see some decent performances together
  • Sponsored links:

• Just spoke to dad - favourite player Ronnie White - anyone remember him ?

Thank you all for your best wishes

Ronnie White was in my first Charlton team along with Duff, Hewie Summers, Leary, Lawrie, Ufton, etc........still can name the whole team as if it was yesterday. Good luck to you both.
  • All the best. Hope the club can help.
  • Good luck and best wishes.
  • edited July 2017
    Hopefully you are sorted. But when I had a seasonal west stand car park pass, pre-boycott, I noticed on the old site that there was the possibility of buying passes on a match by match basis. (very expensive, mind.) I guess you just ring up.
    I don't know if this is an issue but there were also designated disabled spots that (I think) had wider spaces to help with getting in and out of the car and/or giving wheelchair access. Anyway, hope it all works out for you. If you want a seasonal pass, my recollection is that they are £800.
  • cafcfan said:

Hopefully you are sorted. But when I had a seasonal west stand car park pass, pre-boycott, I noticed on the old site that there was the possibility of buying passes on a match by match basis. (very expensive, mind.) I guess you just ring up.
    I don't know if this is an issue but there were also designated disabled spots that (I think) had wider spaces to help with getting in and out of the car and/or giving wheelchair access. Anyway, hope it all works out for you. If you want a seasonal pass, my recollection is that they are £800.

Thank you - I fear £800 might be out of reach (!!) I would like to think that the club has flexibility to assist people in such circumstances
  • cafcfan said:

Thank you - I fear £800 might be out of reach (!!) I would like to think that the club has flexibility to assist people in such circumstances
    Yes, we all would. But I have my doubts.
  • cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

Yes, we all would. But I have my doubts.
    Mick Everitt has got back to me - what a top bloke

My dad will have a parking space at the Valley for this season - complimentary

Just told Dad - he is so so pleased - he was v worried that he would be unable to attend

Let's hope he gets to see a title challenging side this season

Charlton is still a very special club
    Result.
  • Great news for you, good to see the club still do some things right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was just about to say let me know if you are stuck, but fair play to the club/Mick, I doff my chris powell cap.

all the best,
  • Best wishes mate. Time is precious, enjoy every minute.
  • Sorry about your father, but really pleased with the response of Mick Everitt, and that he will be able to keep watching his beloved team in his final moments