Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carson - Is it selfish of me ?

To want him to have an absolute disaster in this B game ?

A stinker to such an extent that no prem club will want to touch him next season ?

Comments

• Options
    Don't think so- seems to me like the perfectly rational thoughts of a loyal Charlton fan.
  • Options
    No, he's done enough in the Premiership this season and that's where it matters.
  • Options
    you're only as good as your last game
  • Options
    I remember the week before the season started he had an absolute mare in an England under 21 game and didn't cover himself in glory away at West ham either and i thought 'oh dear', but that shows what i know!
  • Options
    I will be really interested to see what happens with him - I am sure he won't get many games at Liverpool, esp with Rafa now being given a fortune to strengthen the squad. He knows Charlton, we voted him POTY, which shows how much we rate him, so would he agree to stay if we bought him, or even on loan again? He's been rated at 4m I think, I'm sure we could splash out, we know how good he is.

I hope he has a really good game tonight and likes us so much he wants to stay next year :)
  • Options
    so would he agree to stay if we bought him, or even on loan again?

He doesn't have much choice in the matter, he'll go back to Liverpool if Benitez can't sign a replacement as Dudek is at the end of his contract and I don't think will stay. Whether he returns on a loan depends on what deal we can offer, if Benitez really has a load of money to spend then maybe a part-ex for Darren Bent might be on the cards, who knows.
  • Options
    he's off this summer no doubt about it.

He doesn't want to be a number 2 and there are plenty of clubs interested in him.

Hypia will be leaving in the next week, to either Fulham or Reading.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    He doesn't have much choice in the matter, he'll go back to Liverpool if Benitez can't sign a replacement as Dudek is at the end of his contract and I don't think will stay. Whether he returns on a loan depends on what deal we can offer, if Benitez really has a load of money to spend then maybe a part-ex for Darren Bent might be on the cards, who knows.

I think Liverpool signed an Italian keeper so he may be the no. 2 instead of Carson? Plus you say he doesn't have a choice but we all know these days that the player holds the trump card. If he wants to go, he'll put in a request and go. No club wants to keep an unhappy player.