Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gritt v Curbs Legends game at the Valley (Powell's back...)

Comments

• I wonder if Robert Lee, Colin Walsh , Bob Bolder etc will play
  • I do really like the sound of this :smile:
  • Will be going to this
  • This will be a great day out. Hopefully we will get a big crowd.
  • I guess this is the BIG announcement that Dave B referred to yesterday.

Should be a good afternoon.
  • I'd be very surprised if Bob Bolder doesn't play at least some part in the match.
  • Might get me back to the Valley if I'm not away. Will be funny/if the crowd is bigger than for the first team!
  • Would have loved to have gone with dad to this one. I wonder if I'll be able to get our seats from the Pompey game over in the Jimmy Seed end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe one stand could be nominated a protest stand and we fill that whilst all the others are sparse!
  • Be good if it was the 92 team against the 98 team
  • Really think this would be a positive and effective way to show the regime that there's thousands of fans who support charlton.
  • I'm sure my opinions are going to completely flip flop on this over the coming weeks, but I've a fear that (from a personal perspective) it's just going to make me sad and angry by highlighting how far the club has come away from when I've been so proud to relate so closely with it.

I still love Charlton with all my heart but I just can't get away from how much damage has been done since Duchatelet arrived, and things like this, a supposed celebration of our recent history, feels difficult to fully embrace all the while we are currently owned by someone who doesn't give a jot about what our club means to so many. I'm sure seeing a packed Valley and a few old faces will be great, but sentiment doesn't always only trigger happiness if the current situation is poor.

Or it could trigger a huge learning curve, and large slice of humble pie, to show them how this club once was, and what it could be again with the right investment, and the right people making the footballing decisions, and not inexperienced, overexposed and out of their depth frauds.
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

I'm sure my opinions are going to completely flip flop on this over the coming weeks, but I've a fear that (from a personal perspective) it's just going to make me sad and angry by highlighting how far the club has come away from when I've been so proud to relate so closely with it.

I still love Charlton with all my heart but I just can't get away from how much damage has been done since Duchatelet arrived, and things like this, a supposed celebration of our recent history, feels difficult to fully embrace all the while we are currently owned by someone who doesn't give a jot about what our club means to so many. I'm sure seeing a packed Valley and a few old faces will be great, but sentiment doesn't always only trigger happiness if the current situation is poor.

Or it could trigger a huge learning curve, and large slice of humble pie, to show them how this club once was, and what it could be again with the right investment, and the right people making the footballing decisions, and not inexperienced, overexposed and out of their depth frauds.

Or not
  • Crusty54 said:

Maybe one stand could be nominated a protest stand and we fill that whilst all the others are sparse!

Is there any chance that protests could be left at home and remember that the day is to raise money for a good cause that we should all support. A once and for all chance to see our heroes from yesterday.

Fill all the stands.
    The protest I am proposing would not be vocal or have any actions but be symbolic and would increase the attendance and raise more money for the good cause - Our heroes can still be enjoyed. If the protesters filled one stand, then the non protesters could try to fill the others and do their bit. Just a thought!
  • DA9 said:

I'm sure my opinions are going to completely flip flop on this over the coming weeks, but I've a fear that (from a personal perspective) it's just going to make me sad and angry by highlighting how far the club has come away from when I've been so proud to relate so closely with it.

Maybe mate, i seem to change my mind all the time on what's right and wrong and where all this should go. I have zero faith in 'them' though sadly
  • edited July 2017
    maybe that is all that will be left soon - memories.
  • DA9 said:

As much as i'd like to believe that I feel the dislike and disdain shown for the fans by Meire and Duchatelet will have them thinking the humble pie should be shown by US.
    A large and enthusiastic crowd will be great but I honestly think Meire will think it's all her doing.
    It doesn't matter what she thinks. No point in getting annoyed about something that doesn't really exist.
  • I advise just enjoying it and having a good day out.

Doesn't need to be compared to what's happening with Charlton at the moment.

It's a legends game. Completely separate.

We have great history and very good recent history (pre 2006)

I hope it's a full capacity ground and a warmly emotional entertaining day full of nostalgic interest.
  • I'm sure my opinions are going to completely flip flop on this over the coming weeks, but I've a fear that (from a personal perspective) it's just going to make me sad and angry by highlighting how far the club has come away from when I've been so proud to relate so closely with it.

I agree totally with AFKA's statement, the only thing I disagree with is all this talk of a "packed Valley". I cannot see anywhere near a sell out for this. 10-11k at best

I agree totally with AFKA's statement, the only thing I disagree with is all this talk of a "packed Valley". I cannot see anywhere near a sell out for this. 10-11k at best

If ticket prices are are sensible and it advertised properly it could be a big bumber crowd
    I will be there