Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STTV sack the coach after 2 games

2»

Comments

• Options

It's weird that none of our esteemed series of RD managers/coaches (other than Chris) have ever managed STTV, whereas many had connections to Standard Liege.

Roland doesn't want to push the shit managers onto his favourite club does he
    He hasn't on his Spanish club Alcorcon either while Nebojša Vignjević has been at Ujpest for FOUR years
  • Options

It's weird that none of our esteemed series of RD managers/coaches (other than Chris) have ever managed STTV, whereas many had connections to Standard Liege.

Roland doesn't want to push the shit managers onto his favourite club does he
    He hasn't on his Spanish club Alcorcon either while Nebojša Vignjević has been at Ujpest for FOUR years
    Nobby Vinegar is just in a holding pattern, biding his time whilst he waits for his dream job in SE7 ...
  • Options
    we got rid of our coach before a ball had even been kicked this season
  • Options
    STVV is about to get sold to a Japanese person / holding. Rumour is a Japanese coach is on his way .... Banzai !
  • Options

It'll be mine turn soon...

I want to punch the screen.
    The biggest insult these clowns have thrown at us.
    Surely that was Polish Pete
  • Options
    edited August 2017

I trump your Polish Pete with a Yohann Thuram-Ulien :tongue:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I trump your Polish Pete with a Thuram :tongue:
    Well this could go on all day :wink:
  • Options

Div 3 Belgian is Ryman level.

Fraeye was that good.
  • Options

Div 3 Belgian is Ryman level.

Fraeye was that good.
    Oh no he wasn't!
  • Options

skywalker said:

STVV is about to get sold to a Japanese person / holding. Rumour is a Japanese coach is on his way .... Banzai !

Is that a solid rumour, mate? If so, it will be instructive to see what is sold. The stadium is a separate company, and other businesses of RD utilise that stadium, principally a decent size call centre operation, which for some reason he uses Stayen NV to keep a 44% stake in. Up to now we have only found that Stayen owns his various football clubs (although not STVV).

I would have thought that the STVV club alone is not worth much. Do you have any idea how much STVV would collect in TV money while in the top league but not in Europe?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is a very solid , almost fact, rumour. Was on our national television football show yesterday. A well respected pundit said he had some background information, in fact the surprise should have been the appointment, not so much the sacking of that coach after 2 games. But the name of a new coach remains a mistery as STVV is about to get sold. No clue on the income WRT TV money. I'm a Royal Antwerp fan myself, so don't bother that much about STVV and Reichsführer Ronald.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Er, surely the investment company that owns the clubs is Staprix NV? Stayen NV ( https://www.stayen.com/en ) is the company that owns the hotel business and other investments at the STVV ground.
  • Options

Honestly in all the baffling and poor decisions the clowns upstairs have made during their time at Charlton, hiring this guy for me, is by far the worst thing they have done on the playing side of things.

what was he doing for you?
  • Options

Er, surely the investment company that owns the clubs is Staprix NV? Stayen NV ( https://www.stayen.com/en ) is the company that owns the hotel business and other investments at the STVV ground.

Beg your pardon, senior moment. They are becoming more frequent, what with Eric Gates :-(

Although what I wrote about the call centre biz is correct. Staprix has a 44% share.

( @skywalker ) Have also now caught up with the other thread re a Jap biz buying it.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    STVV website statement (via Google translate, of course):

STVV and Bartolome Marquez have decided to terminate their cooperation, in mutual consultation and friendship. Early in the season, Ivan Leko surprised the club with his departure to Club Brugge, making the board look for a new trainer. With Bartolome Marquez, STVV found a trainer who convinced the club with his skill and tactical vision. However, after a few weeks of cooperation, club and trainer appeared to differ on a number of points, mostly on daily basis. Both parties were not blind to these disagreements and agreed a lot of time to achieve a smooth and workable cooperation. However, it has been found that further cooperation, where both parties feel comfortable, is not possible.

The club wishes Bartolome Marquez success in his further career and thanks him for the accomplished achievements.

---

Sounds like a classic Duchatelet sacking to me. Counting double stints and including Congo now, that's 17 head coaches since 2004 at Stayen [wiki].