Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

@Waldo RIP

Comments

• Options
    Condolences to your family and friends.
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss Simon

Lovely opening post

RIP
  • Options
    Rip old fella
  • Options
    Our thoughts are with you and your family.
    @waldo will be cheering the boys on from The Valley in the Sky with his Charlton family.
    Ray
  • Options
    This is what football is all about. Glad to hear that you managed to find some enjoyment together at the game with your dad.
  • Options
    RIP Waldo
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss but pleased for you that you have the memory of sharing a final win at The Valley last Saturday.

My Dad passed away last year at the grand old age of 95. He first took me to see Charlton around 1961 standing on the East terrace. I think (at least he told me) that I got to see Stanley Matthews play for Stoke when he was around 50 years old. Dad wasn't so mobile in his last few years due to suffering a couple of strokes, so the last game we went to together at The Valley was around 2006, I think at home to Newcaste in the Premiership. My second of 4 sons is a Newcastle supporter (don't ask!), so we had 3 generations at the game which was great. We had hospitality tickets for the West stand and I remember my Dad chatting with Theo Foley about the players he had seen over the years.

Although you are naturally sad just now, those fond memories of watching Charlton with your Dad will always be with you.

R.I.P. Waldo.

• Options
    RIP Waldo, all the best to you and family Simon.
  • Options
    RIP Dave, a good guy and an Addick.

Chin up Simon, last Saturday is something you should cherish.
  • Options
    RIP - glad your Dad got to see one final winning game with a positive atmosphere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry for your loss mate...
  • Options
    RIP Waldo.
    A great tribute there Simon, my condolences.
  • Options
    RIP Waldo. Sorry to hear that Lordflashheart. My father-in-law, who passed away a couple of years ago, was REME as well.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your sad news! Condolences to you and your family, RIP Waldo
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and your family.

Hopefully a small consolation is that his last memory of The Valley was seeing a good Charlton performance and win
  • Options
    As someone who is trying to educate my son as 4th generation this is sad to hear

Rip and best wishes for the future, remember Charlton will always be there
  • Options
    Condolences Simon. I'm so glad that you managed to get a last game together and it was a half decent result and performance. More importantly, that he had a peaceful and painfree passing with his family around him, even if it came quicker than you all might have hoped.

RIP Waldo
  • Options
    So sorry to hear your sad news. RIP Waldo
  • Options
    Sorry to read of your loss Simon. Sad times but happy memories.
  • Options
    RIP Waldo , enjoy the sold out away allocations in Charlton heaven !
    Sorry for your loss Lordflashheart , I know you'll cherish those special times you had together forever
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heart goes out to you n the family.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your sad news of your Dad passing. It is good to know he was able to spend one of his last days with you having a good afternoon at The Valley. Charlton did not disappoint.

My condolences.
  • Options
    So sorry.
    Good taste in players - Ronnie White was always a joy to watch.
  • Options
    Condolences to you and your family.

May you always remember the good times together and what you loved about your father.

RIP Waldo.
  • Options
    R I P
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and the family.

Great to hear he got to see one last win!

RIP Waldo
  • Options
    My sincere condolences for you loss.
    RIP Waldo.
  • Options
    RIP Waldo
  • Options
    RIP Waldo. I hope he can give the team a bit of divine intervention this season on the pitch when they will need some! Condolences to you and your family Simon.