Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is going on in the Premier League this season???

2»

Comments

• I know it's only West Ham but I thought Utd looked very, very good yesterday. Relentless on an off the ball. Lukaku is a beast.

For some reason thought he would flop at united. Deeply regretting not having him in my fantasy team.

Agreed united looked very good. To have a player like martial able to come off the bench and the ever improving rashford shows great depth.

• Spurs seem to be able to defend, which is a rarity with the top clubs!

This. Another clean sheet, 78% possession away from home and another 3 points without getting out of second gear. Yet the pundits write us off. Bring on Chelsea next week and by the sounds of it, there's a lot of unrest behind the scenes there, so will be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks. Can't believe Conte is moaning about lack of signings when they've spunked over £100m already in this window!

Matic is the sort of player Utd have been crying out for since Roy Keane. Same for Ars*nal with Vieira. They never replaced them. Will shield their back four and will create so much more space for the likes of Pogba, Mata and Mkhitaryan. Think it'll be between Utd and City this season.
  • ... but there gets to a point where you need to grow up.

Says the fella behind a pepé icon. ;-)
  • Thought Pardew was very assured as a pundit referring to Lukaku as 'Lukaka' and then very shortly afterwards, 'Lukak'.
  • Macronate said:

Thought Pardew was very assured as a pundit referring to Lukaku as 'Lukaka' and then very shortly afterwards, 'Lukak'.

Desperately battling his subconscious desire to say Look At Me.
    Have they managed to get Pardew for the legends game yet ?
  • edited August 2017
    Bizarre decision to sell Matic to Man U, a direct rival. It's as if Abramovic has turned into Roland this summer!
  • I know it's only West Ham but I thought Utd looked very, very good yesterday. Relentless on an off the ball. Lukaku is a beast.

For some reason thought he would flop at united. Deeply regretting not having him in my fantasy team.

Agreed united looked very good. To have a player like martial able to come off the bench and the ever improving rashford shows great depth.

I got laughed at for suggesting this in the summer but I'll say it again - Lukaku is underrated and aside from Aguero is the best forward in the league.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Spurs seem to be able to defend, which is a rarity with the top clubs!

This. Another clean sheet, 78% possession away from home and another 3 points without getting out of second gear. Yet the pundits write us off. Bring on Chelsea next week and by the sounds of it, there's a lot of unrest behind the scenes there, so will be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks. Can't believe Conte is moaning about lack of signings when they've spunked over £100m already in this window!

Matic is the sort of player Utd have been crying out for since Roy Keane. Same for Ars*nal with Vieira. They never replaced them. Will shield their back four and will create so much more space for the likes of Pogba, Mata and Mkhitaryan. Think it'll be between Utd and City this season.
    One for you here @JohnBoyUK

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/premier-league-predictions-2017-18
  • Like him or not - Mourinho is brilliant at managing top teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just watching Huddersfield v Newcastle and have to say how poor the quality of football is. Neither team can really hold possession. Great to see Elliot playing though.
  • Mooy took his goal well
  • Nice to see Conte back in his suit for match days.

I never understood why he wasn't rated that highly by everyone. There just seems to be some stigma around him. He's basically a goal every other game for Everton. That's impressive on it's own but he's 24. He should score more for United. I just find it weird there's not more love for him.
  • I saw last night that Watford spent £50 Million over the summer. FIFTY MILLION !!! How football has changed since we dropped out of the Prem 10 years ago. If we spent £3m on a player we thought we were doing well & £10m in a season would be seen as extravagant. Now even average teams are spending £10-£15m on a single player.

bonkers.
  • I saw last night that Watford spent £50 Million over the summer. FIFTY MILLION !!! How football has changed since we dropped out of the Prem 10 years ago. If we spent £3m on a player we thought we were doing well & £10m in a season would be seen as extravagant. Now even average teams are spending £10-£15m on a single player.

bonkers.

Can't believe it's been 10 seasons... What's worse is it almost felt like the curse was lifted during the Powell seasons... then they arrived...

bonkers.

But it's all relative. Back then the prices we paid for players seemed nuts compared to the start of the PL. It's all very well saying how out of hand spending has become but I think a fairer comparison would be to look at transfer expenditure as a proportion of total income. I suspect it's gone up but not massively.