Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich away details

2»

Comments

• Options
    Will try and do the Fat Cat (West End Street) Wednesday lunchtime. Not surprised that the Beer Festival is great, given that the city is heaving with excellent pubs.
  • Options
    Met Danny Mills' dad in the Ribs of Beef recently. He was with some other ex-pro. They were nice and bought me a drink, but confirmed the "Christmas incident" was as we suspected.

Walnut Tree Shades (off market) and/or Murderers can be good for evening entertainment if you like some live music
  • Options
    Ironically, I'm in London! Can't believe it.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Blucher said:

Yes, The Belgian Monk is certainly on our list. We are hoping to intercept Roland there late tomorrow afternoon and then to accompany him to the medieval River Wensum ducking stool.

I see that this establishment "offers customers a choice of a regular selection of some 45 beers together with a selection of special beers... in an informal relaxed "friends and family" atmosphere. It provides more than just the meal or drink but a whole Belgian experience." Alas, there is no reference to dancing but, otherwise, it sounds like his scene. We'll keep our eyes peeled for the old scroat.

Don't know how well you know this excellent city mate? You're going to the Cathedral. The Wig & Pen and Adam & Eve are both nearby and are good, traditional, real ale pubs:

http://www.thewigandpen.com
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186342-d4085954-Reviews-Adam_Eve_Norwich-Norwich_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html

Me; I am going into town with my boy so will sadly have to suffer the 'Revolucion de Cuba' just off Tombland before heading down Prince of Wales Rd (via Prince of Wales pub) towards the ground.

(this Norwich city centre tourist advice was brought to you courtesy of bjtours.com)
  • Options
    Going straight onto the Riverside walk from the train, so will probably pop into the Adam & Eve, as I think it's one of the first ones you come to.

Other than a couple of times on the coach to football, I've only been to Norwich once with my wife before we were married back in the mid-80s. I would certainly have dragged her into a few pubs but can't remember which ones they were now. We do go to Morston once every year or two, which I think is about 20 miles away - lovely part of the world.

Thanks for the tips and enjoy the Cuban joint !
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Going straight onto the Riverside walk from the train, so will probably pop into the Adam & Eve, as I think it's one of the first ones you come to.

Other than a couple of times on the coach to football, I've only been to Norwich once with my wife before we were married back in the mid-80s. I would certainly have dragged her into a few pubs but can't remember which ones they were now. We do go to Morston once every year or two, which I think is about 20 miles away - lovely part of the world.

Only a few miles away from me - can't beat the North Norfolk coast.

If I go for an after-work kayak session I tend to go from Blakeney Quay to Morston Quay and back - a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours.
  • Options

Met Danny Mills' dad in the Ribs of Beef recently. He was with some other ex-pro. They were nice and bought me a drink, but confirmed the "Christmas incident" was as we suspected.

Walnut Tree Shades (off market) and/or Murderers can be good for evening entertainment if you like some live music

Christmas incident?
  • Options
    shit whole ground and they run tiny trains.. you have to be prompt getting to the station or you will be stuck in norwich until 6am
  • Options

Christmas incident?
    On loan with us - deliberately got sent off to avoid the christmas games.
  • Options

Blucher said:

Yes, The Belgian Monk is certainly on our list. We are hoping to intercept Roland there late tomorrow afternoon and then to accompany him to the medieval River Wensum ducking stool.

I see that this establishment "offers customers a choice of a regular selection of some 45 beers together with a selection of special beers... in an informal relaxed "friends and family" atmosphere. It provides more than just the meal or drink but a whole Belgian experience." Alas, there is no reference to dancing but, otherwise, it sounds like his scene. We'll keep our eyes peeled for the old scroat.

Don't know how well you know this excellent city mate? You're going to the Cathedral. The Wig & Pen and Adam & Eve are both nearby and are good, traditional, real ale pubs:

http://www.thewigandpen.com
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186342-d4085954-Reviews-Adam_Eve_Norwich-Norwich_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html

Me; I am going into town with my boy so will sadly have to suffer the 'Revolucion de Cuba' just off Tombland before heading down Prince of Wales Rd (via Prince of Wales pub) towards the ground.

(this AMSTERDAM city centre tourist advice was brought to you courtesy of bjtours.com)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

shit whole ground and they run tiny trains.. you have to be prompt getting to the station or you will be stuck in norwich until 6am

Shit hole of a ground? (Or did you mean the whole ground is shit?). Really? When were you last there? Have you been since the (relatively) new stand where the Away fans are located was built? Certainly wouldn't call it a shit hole of a ground.

PS: far worse places to be stuck until 6am!! :wink:
  • Options

shine166 said:

Shit hole of a ground? (Or did you mean the whole ground is shit?). Really? When were you last there? Have you been since the (relatively) new stand where the Away fans are located was built? Certainly wouldn't call it a shit hole of a ground.

About 2 months ago, took my old dear to see take that. Its all relative I know, but considering they have not long left the premier league I expected it to be much better.

But yer, theres worse places to be stuck :), we're looking to move to norwich to buy our first house... prices are a bargain for such a nice city.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

About 2 months ago, took my old dear to see take that. Its all relative I know, but considering they have not long left the premier league I expected it to be much better.

But yer, theres worse places to be stuck :), we're looking to move to norwich to buy our first house... prices are a bargain for such a nice city.
    Ah!! Now that makes sense Shine. Seeing Take That live is enough to make you see any ground or stadium in a real shit light! I get it now.

Nice touch though, choosing a username after one of their songs!! :wink:
  • Options

Was told the "murderers" was their "lads" pub of choice?
  • Options

Blucher said:

Only a few miles away from me - can't beat the North Norfolk coast.

If I go for an after-work kayak session I tend to go from Blakeney Quay to Morston Quay and back - a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours.
    Oh yeah, the old after work kayak session, I mean, who doesn't do that?
    :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    think he is dyslexic and meant wank not kayak ---easy mistake