Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bye Bye Beagrie ..

Gone gone gone / ...... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-40953098

Last time I saw him play was at the Valley when he was sent off for slapping John Robinson .. his facial expressions always reminded me of a man about to lose his temper and commit some awful deed .. and so it goes

Comments

• Gone gone gone / ...... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-40953098

Last time I saw him play was at the Valley when he was sent off for slapping John Robinson .. his facial expressions always reminded me of a man about to lose his temper and commit some awful deed .. and so it goes

Ex-Premier League footballer Peter Beagrie has been sacked as a Sky Sports pundit after being convicted of an assault on his partner.
    The 51-year-old ex-Everton, Manchester City and Bradford City winger punched Zarah Blake while angry and drunk, his trial heard.
    Interesting choice of photo by the BBC!

• Thank fuck for that, couldn't stand him on sky
  • edited August 2017
    I remember Brownie shoving him through some advertising boards with great force after he assaulted Robbo. When he peeled himself off the floor he got the red card, just to add insult to injury.
  • Reading this thread, but imagining that he's died rather than been sacked, makes you guys sound brutal.
  • edited August 2017
    Can't say I'll miss him, always found him a bit patronising especially towards us and he mainly gave a 'safe' opinion. I prefer the so called expert to say it as he sees it like Roy Keane :wink:

Probably speaks highly of me as well :smirk: .
  • He was convicted of indecently assaulting two women in a night club in 1997. Not a nice man .
  • Carter said:

His conviction for something pretty scummy aside, I always thought he was th most knowledgeable pundit on Sky especially with the stuff outsode the top tier

Agreed, his knowledge of the lower tier is second to none on sky.
  • He was convicted of indecently assaulting two women in a night club in 1997. Not a nice man .

I'd like to know how you 'decently' assault two women in a nightclub, due to me being such a gentleman that I'd rather not do it indecently if there's a nicer way of doing it.
  • The 51-year-old was heard by witnesses shouting 'I'm going to rip your f****** throat out' and 'f*** off you c***' moments before attacking Zarah Blake in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Beagrie then hit Ms Blake 'two or three' times as he hurled further abuse at her.

The court heard how, when police arrived, a drunk Beagrie was towering over and shouting in Ms Blake's face. Officers noticed she had a 1cm cut to her lip and bruising to her body.

Beagrie denied the attack.

Great defence there Peter.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    Carter said:

His conviction for something pretty scummy aside, I always thought he was th most knowledgeable pundit on Sky especially with the stuff outsode the top tier

Was just about to say this myself... Wasnt the most clued up when it came to Charlton yet for me the Football League had the best studio pundit in Beagrie and have the best commentary pundit in Don Goodman, both far better than anything that the Premier League coverage can offer these days which is to quickly sign players the moment they retire
  • What a big man picking on women. Hope he picks on someone who can handle themselves next.
  • Beagrie and Goodman know their football league, that's for sure. I can handle Goodman, even if he does come from the "he should have done what I think" school of co-commentators.

But Beagrie... he delivered in the way of a smug, know it all prick. Everything about him annoyed me, from the way he sat (like he was sitting on a snooker cue) to the way his face pulled a "I AM THE MASTER OF MY DOMAIN!" expression. I used to think I was being harsh, and maybe he was a nice guy in real life so I wouldn;t want to slate him. But now we know otherwise, and I am glad to see the back of him.

• I know it's bad but can't help but laugh at this. He always came across quite arrogant on TV. The fact it was about getting wed is leaving me in stitches.
  • What a big man picking on women. Hope he picks on someone who can handle themselves next.

Well he ain't gonna do that after Brownie ironed him out

Sorry, getting a bit Ray Winstone there :-)
  • edited August 2017
  • Beagrie always sounded like a pejorative term ( your a right little Beagrie). Now I have substance to support its use other than the personal view that he had a vendetta against CAFC
  • Didn't have enough skin for his face and for that reason enough he gave me the creeps.

What an onanist?????

He said, being pretentious wanker about wankers....