Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Incredible talent or lying about his age?

Comments

• Options

I remember at the time the Italian fa got involved and confirmed he was 17. How they verified it I don't know

Counted the candles on his cake.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I played football with a black lad who, at 12, was like lightning. Amazing player. Small but nimble. Impossible to get the ball off him.

By the time we were 15 we'd all got bigger and stronger and he was barely average.

Another lad was 6'2" at 12. Absolutely plundered goals for fun. By 15 he was the same size but just the same as everyone else talent-wise.
    He freely admitted he didn't know his age as he'd arrived in the U.K. Without much documentation. That was pretty common 30 years ago I think. Age was based on mental capacity at the time.

You'd think nowadays there's more science applied but this "problem" isn't new. Still fascinating when it comes up though.

I am dubious about wonderkids to be honest, whatever their age. Certainly kids who dominate games due to a physical advantage. I think it does them no favours playing against less developed kids of the same age, and they should be moved up to make them better players.

• Options

Joseph Minala was 17 when he broke into the Lazio team. Pictured here.

he must of had charlie adams paper round.
  • Options

I remember at the time the Italian fa got involved and confirmed he was 17. How they verified it I don't know

Counted the candles on his cake.
    Only problem was 3/4 of the cake had been eaten when they counted.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

We had a Nigerian join us at primary school in Dartford and when we had cricket practice he broke a stump with one of his deliveries

Had similar in the t wells area, an Afghan kid came over during the war there, bowled around 80mph and was only officially 12/13 years old but iirc already had stubble. Was ridiculously rapid but no way was he as young as that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017

I think Moukoko is more like 16-19 based on the above picture. I don't think he's falling in the "definitely older than he says" category.
  • Options

This has bigger implications. If someone is older than what they claim, having them in school with young girls is a recipe for disaster.

What a weird way to think about young footballers looking like old men?
  • Options
    Cut him in half and count the rings
  • Options

This is ridiculous but some of these African lads can be absolutely massive for their age.

There is a young Sudanese who plays against my son in Under-11s and he is virtually six feet tall - the rest of the players don't even reach his upper chest height wise.

Not forgetting the young 'Rodzilla' - AKA Rod Blake - who played for the Wallabies in the front-row.

At aged 15 young Rod was 6' 3" tall and weighed in at a modest 150Kgs, fuck knows where they bought his school uniforms.

Along the same lines, Billy Vunipola's school photos are brilliant:

Imagine playing Rugby against him at school! Or even with him, that scrum would be completely lopsided!

• Options
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but we could cut them open and count the rings? XD what a great joke, right guys? Guys?!
  • Options
    (Can't wait for the lols to roll in now)
  • Options

This is ridiculous but some of these African lads can be absolutely massive for their age.

There is a young Sudanese who plays against my son in Under-11s and he is virtually six feet tall - the rest of the players don't even reach his upper chest height wise.

Not forgetting the young 'Rodzilla' - AKA Rod Blake - who played for the Wallabies in the front-row.

At aged 15 young Rod was 6' 3" tall and weighed in at a modest 150Kgs, fuck knows where they bought his school uniforms.

Along the same lines, Billy Vunipola's school photos are brilliant:

That's priceless!
  • Options
    Cut him in half and count the rings
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keep em coming guys.
    Free LOL's for everyone!!!
  • Options
    That's fake. I think the photo ended up being that of the coach or someone else but not the player mentioned.
  • Options

Apparently, a trip to the dentist is a quick & easy way to determine someone's age............
    Bollocks is it. I went to the dentist today showed him this thread and asked him how old this player really is and he didn't have a clue.
    this is class :smiley:
  • Options

Henry Thomas from Honduras (ex-Wigan) at 28

He looks older than the other geezer!
  • Options

threaten to cut him if he doesn't show you his ring...

Or ring him and threaten to cut him in half if he doesn't tell you his real age.