Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grimsby Town fans 'had to show bras' to Stevenage security

2»

Comments

• I imagine there will be a few rounds of 'Get your tits out for the lads' at their away games this season. As for the insinuation that blokes from North Lincs might be sporting man boobs, well that's just wrong. It's over in South Yorkshire that we find these fellas in plentiful supply. I hear over at the New York Stadium they have a fitting dept, so anyone with a fuller figure thinking they can sneak in on Saturday without a measure up, better get on your best attire.

Jokes aside. Shocking PR from Stevenage. That makes our lot look semi-professional.
  • I understand this will now be happening at Newcastle...for the male supporters.

• its no different to when i signed up on this site and had to send AFKA a photo of my cock

You too!
  • Didn't realise we lent elements of our Security and match day experience teams out at all....

I walked into the stadium on Saturday and a possibly tad over zealous security chap said I need to inspect your bag as I walked past him while he was inspecting the bag of the bloke in front. What bag my good man I think I replied, or words to that effect, as I wasn't carrying one.
  • Load of b@llocks
  • its no different to when i signed up on this site and had to send AFKA a photo of my cock

You too!
    didn't fool me

Glad I wasn't the only one. I had to send two separate pictures as it wouldn't fit on one.
    I do hope you closed the curtain on that passport photo booth @Callumcafc :wink:
  • I wonder if Russell Slade had to show his?

Count yourself lucky, he made me do it using FaceTime.
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

It will be interesting to see if Grimsby's support holds up or starts sagging after this experience.

Probably the only cup their fans will ever see with Slade in charge.
  • Nice cop out from the EFL....

EFL Statement: Stevenage versus Grimsby Town

Following a comprehensive review of events alleged to have taken place prior to the League Two fixture between Stevenage and Grimsby Town on Saturday 19th August, the EFL has now given due consideration to the complaint raised in respect of the stewarding operation on the day.

On receipt of detailed observations from both clubs, the EFL can confirm that no specific action is to be taken under its rules.

The EFL will, however, continue to work with all its clubs to ensure that attending matches remains an enjoyable, positive experience for supporters and, to assist, will be issuing updated guidance regarding a number of safety, security and stewarding matters.

In addition, supporters are reminded that dedicated channels exist at all clubs and the EFL to ensure that there are professional and approachable points of contact to report any complaints or issues of concern. Details are available via a club’s or the EFL’s Supporters’ Charter.

Alternatively, all supporters have the right to contact the Independent Football Ombudsman (IFO) who are accredited as an Approved Alternate Dispute Resolution Body.

The EFL notes the co-operation received in this matter and in particular would like to thank both the management teams at Stevenage and Grimsby Town for their assistance.
  • cfgs said:

Nice cop out from the EFL....

Following a comprehensive review of events alleged to have taken place prior to the League Two fixture between Stevenage and Grimsby Town on Saturday 19th August, the EFL has now given due consideration to the complaint raised in respect of the stewarding operation on the day.

On receipt of detailed observations from both clubs, the EFL can confirm that no specific action is to be taken under its rules.

The EFL will, however, continue to work with all its clubs to ensure that attending matches remains an enjoyable, positive experience for supporters and, to assist, will be issuing updated guidance regarding a number of safety, security and stewarding matters.

In addition, supporters are reminded that dedicated channels exist at all clubs and the EFL to ensure that there are professional and approachable points of contact to report any complaints or issues of concern. Details are available via a club’s or the EFL’s Supporters’ Charter.

Alternatively, all supporters have the right to contact the Independent Football Ombudsman (IFO) who are accredited as an Approved Alternate Dispute Resolution Body.

The EFL notes the co-operation received in this matter and in particular would like to thank both the management teams at Stevenage and Grimsby Town for their assistance.

Crap. Especially on a day where the news is full of the fact the 50% of women face sexual harassment at some point.
    Beyond parody isn't it. One of Football's governing bodies showing itself to be as out of touch as ever.
  • The worlds masters of doing and saying absolutely sweet fuck all....WTF is their purpose one asks oneself......a load of pitiful meaningless waffle as per usual.
  • Mealy-mouthed pish!
  • The worlds masters of doing and saying absolutely sweet fuck all....WTF is their purpose one asks oneself......a load of pitiful meaningless waffle as per usual.

They no longer command any respect whatsoever. The saddest thing is that they may actually believe that the public in anyway believes the crap they come out with.

They even state the "comprehensive review" consisted of reading "detailed observations from both clubs". So pathetic I àm afraid words fail me.
  • Jeez, that's appalling on so many levels. No mention, I see, of actually talking to any witnesses/victims or reviewing any CCTV.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

Jeez, that's appalling on so many levels. No mention, I see, of actually talking to any witnesses/victims or reviewing any CCTV.

There was no need to.

They knew the allegations were true.

Indeed, it is very noticeable that they make no mention on the matter of truth, only that "no specific action will be taken under its rules".

This implies that some sort of action was considered, and that action of sorts will be taken. The next paragraph reveals the full weight of the FA in action. They are going to send out some guidance.

Well that's all right then.
  • Nice cop out from the EFL....

What I take from this is that they should, indeed, take up the offer of taking this to the IFO. Let's see if they will brush it under the carpet? In my experience independent bodies tend to be less likely to 'side' with their members, and are not under pressure to protect the integrity of the industry in question.
  • Filthiest bird i ever met lived in Stevenage. Met her on PoF and used to train it up to Stevenage on a regular basis. Had a boner from London Euston all the way there, she was that dirty.

Fro that reason, Stevenage will forever hold a place in my pants heart.

It's noticeable how much space other commuters give you when they spot your cheesy grin and a large erection.