Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone play Sunday League these days?

13»

Comments

• Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

46 play vets saturday afternoons - we play cup games and friendlies only so can go charlton - i'm still better than semedo

Blackheath wanderers?
    Beaverwood
    Played them a few times, know a few of em, Arsenal kit?
    no - blue and red
  • Options
    ITN used to play the Flying Squad. They used get pissed after the match and then drive home. Their warrant cards worked wonders apparently.

We also used to play in the Buckingham Palace Cup competition, and one year got to the final where we lost to Totteridge and Whetstone, who were way better than us, even without the four ringers they played that. Day. 0-6.

We played on Wormwood Scrubbs and Hackney Marshes.

Loved Sunday League.

Incidentally, we also played cricket against Penthouse Magazine. The letters in that magazine were written by the wicket keeper, which was disappointing. But at least it explained why they never published mine.
  • Options
    They must have favoured the keeper then James because he was a safe pair of hands:wink:
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

2013/2014 was my last season and my club's last season. I really miss it these days, it's an odd one...

We didn't really have a reason to break up, but a lot of the Reigate Hornets joined Reigations AFC Saturday team and still play together in the 1's.

I played for Reigations AFC for a season about 4 years ago ! My season was cut short when I came down with very bad toncilitist (spelling) and I haven't played since really miss it! But I'm 42 now and have had a hernia since so I don't think I could manage it now! Good club though I enjoyed my time there ! Have also played for Reigate Priory, Redhill , Dorking and Warminster Town(Wiltshire) also sunday league for 2 season's
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Playing in Woolwich and Eltham League at the minute

Remember when refs would check for rings & chains, nowadays it seems you have your phone with you.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    uie2 said:

Dazzler21 said:

2013/2014 was my last season and my club's last season. I really miss it these days, it's an odd one...

We didn't really have a reason to break up, but a lot of the Reigate Hornets joined Reigations AFC Saturday team and still play together in the 1's.

I played for Reigations AFC for a season about 4 years ago ! My season was cut short when I came down with very bad toncilitist (spelling) and I haven't played since really miss it! But I'm 42 now and have had a hernia since so I don't think I could manage it now! Good club though I enjoyed my time there ! Have also played for Reigate Priory, Redhill , Dorking and Warminster Town(Wiltshire) also sunday league for 2 season's
    Reigations were streets ahead of Hornets in terms of skill etc. You'll have known Dean Spearing, Andy Crossley, Rob & Andy Setters, Oli Williams, Dan Frith, Dom Smith etc... They all played for both Reigations and Hornets.