Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHARLTON 4 NORTHAMPTON 1 - 19th August 2017

edited September 2017 in General Charlton

CHARLTON 4 (Magennis 2, Holmes 61, Forster-Caskey 90+4, 90+7) NORTHAMPTON 1 (Richards 79)

Attendance 11,289 (881 Northampton)

Charlton Amos, Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Dasilva, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Fosu (Ahearne-Grant 73), Holmes (Konsa 83), Clarke (Jackson 90+6), Magennis.

Northampton Cornell, Buchanan, Kasim (Grimes 57), Barnett, Taylor, Waters, Revell, Pierre (Powell 74), Phillips (Moloney 13), Crooks, Richards.

Summary

A strong Charlton performance saw them run out comfortable winners, though two goals in injury time boosted the scoreline. Addicks went in the lead early through Josh Magennis, and never really looked back, playing some decent attacking football.

Post Match comments

Robinson: “It was a deserved win and the 4-1 was important because it didn’t flatter us. The players were excellent. I didn’t think we were really on our A-Game in the last 10 minutes of the first half and, to be fair to the players, they were quite upset with their own performance at half-time, which is good. At the end with the hugs and the high-fives, we look like a team that is really together. We have arguments during the week and I like that; we question things and then it is down to the players to answer them on a Saturday."

Magennis: “Last week we played well in patches but it wasn’t our day to score the goals and we said after that game that we would correct it this week and that’s what we’ve done. It was a full, dominant performance against a very physical side. I knew with the players that we signed that the chances would be coming and it would be up to me to take them. Last week it wasn’t the case, but I managed to grab one today and next week I’m looking for two or three! I know that my teammates will make chances for me, so it’s up to me to take them.”

STATBANK Player Marks

Clarke= 8.48
Holmes = 8.23
Foster-Caskey = 8.22
Kashi = 7.70
Amos = 7.49
Dasilva = 7.40
Bauer = 7.30
Magennis= 7.25
Pearce = 7.21
Fosu-Henry = 7.06
Solly = 6.95