Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Checkatrade Trophy: Crawley v Charlton

Your marks please:

Phillips:
Dijksteel:
Konsa:
Sarr:
Barnes:
Charles-Cook:
Aribo:
Reeves:
Crofts:
Ahearne-Grant:
Hackett-Fairchild:
Lapslie:
Jackson: n/a
Maloney: n/a

Comments

• Phillips: 6.5
    Dijksteel: 7.5
    Konsa: 8
    Sarr: 8
    Barnes: 5
    Charles-Cook: 7.5
    Aribo: 7
    Reeves: 6
    Crofts: 5.5
    Ahearne-Grant: 6
    Hackett-Fairchild: 5
    Lapslie: 7.5
    Dijksteel: 7
    Konsa: 7.5
    Sarr: 8 MOM
    Barnes: 6
    Charles-Cook: 6.5
    Aribo: 6.5
    Reeves: 8 - Shaded for MOTM
    Crofts: 7
    Ahearne-Grant: 6.5
    Hackett-Fairchild: 6

Lapslie: 7.5 - extra .5 for goal
  • Phillips: 7 - A cracking save in the first half and did well.
    Dijksteel: 7 - a quiet night in an attacking sense but was good defensively
    Konsa: 7.5 - solid
    Sarr: 8.5 - Was an absolute monster at the back, played some lovely passes out from the back too
    Barnes: 5 - Feel for the lad, out of position and struggled
    Charles-Cook: 7.5 - end product let him down today but ran his socks off
    Aribo: 7 - solid performance
    Reeves: 8 - lovely goal and most things we did well went through him
    Crofts: 5.5 - I hope this is the only competition he plays in, not good enough
    Ahearne-Grant: 5.5 - poor game from him, has gone backwards in the last 2 years
    Hackett-Fairchild: 7 - bright and ran his socks off
    Lapslie: 7.5 - really impressed! took his goal really well and did well in midfield
  • Phillips: 7
    Dijksteel: 6.5
    Konsa: 7
    Sarr: 7.5
    Barnes: 5.5
    Charles-Cook: 6
    Aribo: 6
    Reeves: 7.5
    Ahearne-Grant: 5
    Hackett-Fairchild: 6.5

Lapslie: 6
    Dijksteel: 6.5
    Charles-Cook: 6
    Aribo: 6.5
    Crofts: 5
    Lapslie: 7
  • edited August 2017
    Phillips: 6.5 - Not much to do apart from saving the ball going in from one of our own players. Could do with not passing around the back 4 so much.
    Dijksteel: 7 - Looked comfortable, didn't struggle too much.
    Konsa: 6 - Not his best performance, would be happier seeing him in the midfield.
    Sarr: 8 - Has now been set as my phone wallpaper. He is built like a house and still can move well. Possible to give him a second chance.
    Barnes: 5 - Weaklink in the defence, possible first game nerves.
    Charles-Cook: 7 - Played well with Dijk, some good skill.
    Aribo: 6 - Like Konsa, not his best game. Didn't do much wrong but didn't do much to impress.
    Reeves: 7 - Played reasonably well, grew in to the game and got a goal. Didn't see much of him in the first 20.
    Crofts: 6 - Played well as an experienced head but did lose the ball a few times.
    Ahearne-Grant: 4 - I don't see how he's rated highly. He couldn't turn on the ball, he couldn't beat players and his crosses were awful. Who gave him a longer contract!
    Hackett-Fairchild: 6 - Played well enough, was always going to be hard playing on top of his own but a much better prospect than AG.

Lapslie: 7 - To carry the ball so well just before his goal considering how nervous he could have been.
  • edited August 2017
    Phillips: 7 Great save first half
    Dijksteel: 7.5 We don't need a back up right back for the Solster, this kid's the real deal
    Konsa: 7 always felt comfortable
    Sarr: 8 MoM by a mile
    Barnes: 6 made a couple of mistakes but on the whole a good game
    Charles-Cook: 7 good game
    Aribo: 6.5 steady
    Reeves: 7.5 not bad, a lot shorter than I imagined
    Crofts: 6 steady
    Ahearne-Grant: 5.5 not a bad night but nothing towrite home about
    Hackett-Fairchild: 7 Am quite excited by this prospect
    Lapslie: 7.5 Extra .5 for the goal, well done son!

PS. I haven't done one of these for ages! No games last season but am excited to go to a few this year now, maybe awaydays
    Dijksteel: 7.5
    Konsa: 8
    Charles-Cook: 7.5
    Aribo: 7
    Reeves: 6
    Hackett-Fairchild: 5

So curious about why your low mark for Reeves.
  • Phillips: 7 clean sheet, kicking decent, made a couple of good saves and caught everything
    Dijksteel: 7 solid defensively. Good playing the ball forward too
    Konsa: 7.5 solid defensively. Good bringing the ball out. Good blocks
    Sarr: 7.5 as above. Definitely come back to Charlton a better player
    Barnes: 5 was the weakest player on the pitch first half. But I remember Solly playing at left back against Millwall. It's extremely difficult for full backs to play on the opposite side. He got a lot of stick from the fans but I've seen him play for the U23s and he's come on leaps and bounds over the years.
    Charles-Cook: 7 should've probably scored as he had plenty of shots but got forward very well.
    Aribo: 7 good in the middle. Should be a starter if it wasn't for JFC
    Reeves: 8.5 very good. Got things going and scored.
    Crofts: 7 protected the defence well. Was very vocal and key for the younger players
    Ahearne-Grant: 7 played well. Would like to see him shoot more.
    Hackett-Fairchild: 7.5 maybe took too many touches when he should've shot but was very involved. Good player
    Lapslie: 8.5 came on, scored. Played others through a number of times. Bossed the midfield and didn't shy away from the ball once. Delighted for him
    Maloney: n/a very good player. Seen a lot of him in the U23s. Will do well

Spot on. Same scores for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Phillips: 7 Couple of saves and looked solid
    Dijksteel: 7.5 So composed on the ball
    Konsa: 7.5 looked a class above most players and didnt get out of second gear
    Sarr: 7 solid
    Barnes: 5 I still dont get playing him out of position not doing him any favours
    Charles-Cook: 7.5 So full of energy and can just go past players for fun needs more composure in front of goal
    Aribo: 8 was everywhere last night quality
    Reeves: 7.5 busy and took his goal well interesting times coming for the Clarke / Reeves debate
    Crofts: 7 done his job last night really well
    Ahearne-Grant: 6 all the promise no end product always takes the wrong option
    Hackett-Fairchild: 6 Didnt get a touch first half but came into it more in the second half
    Lapslie: 7 Came on and showed what he is about full of energy and always wanting to be involved
  • Phillips: 7
    Dijksteel: 7
    Barnes: 6
    Charles-Cook: 7
    Aribo: 7.5
    Crofts: 6
  • Phillips: 6.5 - wasn't massively busy, a few good saves and a few dodgy moments. Needs a full year out on loan at a league club.
    Dijksteel: 6.5 - very solid, didnt offer a huge amount going forward.
    Konsa: 7.5 - he is the most composed centreback I have seen play for Charlton, nothing fazes him.
    Sarr: 7.5 - Playes very well tonight, won everything in the air, a few little errors on the floor but made up for it with his range of passing.
    Barnes: 6 - didnt really notice him, which isnt necessarily a bad thing for a full back.
    Charles-Cook: 7 - worked hard, very quick, should have scored.
    Aribo: 7 - keeps the play ticking over and can move forward into attacking positions well.
    Reeves: 8 - our best player on the night, can turn on a sixpence ande caused all sorts of trouble for their defenders, top finish.
    Crofts: 7 - did well tonight,gave the ball away a few times but always got back and made up for it.
    Ahearne-Grant: 6 was a bit disapointed with him tonight, im a fan of his but nothing really came off.
    Hackett-Fairchild: 7 - had a tough job up top on his own but worked hard and brought others into play.
    Lapslie: 7 - good on the ball and you could tell how much the goal meant to him, be ineteresting to see if he pushes on from here.

Overall a slightly disjointed performance but good experience gained by many youngsters and we won, good stuff.

• Phillips: 7 clean sheet, kicking decent, made a couple of good saves and caught everything
    Dijksteel: 7 solid defensively. Good playing the ball forward too
    Konsa: 7.5 solid defensively. Good bringing the ball out. Good blocks
    Sarr: 7.5 as above. Definitely come back to Charlton a better player
    Barnes: 5 was the weakest player on the pitch first half. But I remember Solly playing at left back against Millwall. It's extremely difficult for full backs to play on the opposite side. He got a lot of stick from the fans but I've seen him play for the U23s and he's come on leaps and bounds over the years.
    Charles-Cook: 7 should've probably scored as he had plenty of shots but got forward very well.
    Aribo: 7 good in the middle. Should be a starter if it wasn't for JFC
    Reeves: 8.5 very good. Got things going and scored.
    Crofts: 7 protected the defence well. Was very vocal and key for the younger players
    Ahearne-Grant: 7 played well. Would like to see him shoot more.
    Hackett-Fairchild: 7.5 maybe took too many touches when he should've shot but was very involved. Good player
    Lapslie: 8.5 came on, scored. Played others through a number of times. Bossed the midfield and didn't shy away from the ball once. Delighted for him
    Maloney: n/a very good player. Seen a lot of him in the U23s. Will do well

Saw him for the first time last week. Thought he looked a very, very tidy player. Excited for him.
  • Phillips: 7.5 Solid and liked his occasional throw outs to the wings to start an attack.
    Dijksteel: 7.5 Never out-run by their pacy winger
    Konsa: 7.5 Oozed quality but a few times he was overplaying - trying to catch the eye perhaps.
    Sarr: 7.5 Dominating and calm
    Barnes: 6 Caught like a rabbit in the headlights at times
    Charles-Cook: 7.5 Energy and movement
    Aribo: 8 Linked up play well
    Reeves: 7.5 Showed what he is about. In the absence of Jacko gives quality delivery of the dead ball
    Crofts: 7.5 Workmanlike job not flashy but effective
    Ahearne-Grant: 6 Was expecting more, his body language a bit downbeat
    Hackett-Fairchild: 6.5 Didn't notice him too much
    Lapslie: 8 May be over egging it based on a few minutes and first viewing, but I think he might be destined for great things.
  • Phillips: 7 Didn't do anything wrong, distribution seemed much better as well
    Dijksteel: 6.5 Solid defensively, not really much attacking wise
    Konsa: 7.5 An excellent player. Very composed, never panics and technically good as well. Will be a fine player.
    Sarr: 7.5 Very good performance. Absolute man mountain. Took a shot straight to the face in the second half. Didn't flinch.
    Barnes: 5.5 Struggled. Will be better at right back
    Charles-Cook: 6.5 Didn't notice him do much.
    Aribo: 6.5 Think he's better in a more advanced role but was solid.
    Reeves: 8 Clearly the most talented player on the pitch. Took his goal well.
    Crofts: 6.5 Pretty quiet but think it's important to have a player like him when everyone else is so young/inexperienced.
    Ahearne-Grant: 6 Snatches at his cross/shot after working himself into good positions. Really needs a goal to get some confidence back.
    Hackett-Fairchild: 6.5 Talented youngster, but not a lone striker.
    Lapslie: 7.5 Excellent cameo. Good goal, seems strong for a small fella as well.
  • Every time I do Players Marks I can't help wondering (worrying?) if the players read them. I'll bet some of the younger ones do in particular.
    Makes me not want to saying anything too negative :-(
  • JamesSeed said:

Every time I do Players Marks I can't help wondering (worrying?) if the players read them. I'll bet some of the younger ones do in particular.
    Makes me not want to saying anything too negative :-(

It's not a problem if you keep a low profile and remain incognito :wink:
  • Phillips: 7. Good performance and a clean sheet . Happy for him to be our number two but would like him to get games .
    Dijksteel: 7 Looks competent . Would like to see him in midfield . He has height which could be useful later in the season / on the bench when seeing out games .
    Konsa: 7 Hope he stays
    Sarr: 7 Looking much more composed this time around . Adds depth to the squad . Can he play left back ?
    Barnes: 6 Not a left back . Reminded me of when we tried Solly there
    Charles-Cook: 7 Like the look of him
    Aribo: 8 Unlucky not to be in the first eleven . The CCT will give him some first team games
    Reeves: 8 Didn't look completely fit but showed the quality which helped win the game
    Crofts: 7 Useful to have around as a squad member
    Ahearne-Grant: 7
    Hackett-Fairchild: 6 Good that he got 90 minutes
    Lapslie: 8 Always like to see a debut . If he isn't going to play much could we get him a L2 loan ?
    Jackson: Like Crofts a useful man to have around . Not a left back .
    Maloney: Good to see him make his debut .