Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crawley Town v Charlton (Checkatrade) post-match views 2017

edited August 2017 in General Charlton
What a glorious win.
Your views below.

Comments

• It's like the dam has been breached.
  • Thanks for the updatez. Another win.
  • Oh to be in Crawley when the Addicks are there.
  • edited August 2017
    Didn't listen to the game but sounds like we were good. Very happy Lapslie obviously. Given we have, is it two or five more games in the group stage, might be worth keeping the likes of him and Phillips arouns
  • Wemberlee Wemberlee
  • More Addicks there than at Rotherham? Fair play if a little bizarre, i think i read Lapsile was a Charlton fan? Either way delighted for him
  • Sponsored links:

• How did Henry's love child play?

I believe he provided an assist for the 2nd goal - but just wondering how he coped being lone striker and his link up play?
  • Oggy Red said:

How did Henry's love child play?

I believe he provided an assist for the 2nd goal - but just wondering how he coped being lone striker and his link up play?

But then overshadowed when young Pal Waaktar tucked it away....
  • Is that only 9 different goal scorers for charlton so far this season ? If we don't get another striker soon we're screwed.
  • I'd rather play Clarke up front instead of the youngsters, with Reeves coming into fitness, and the likes of Aribo and KAH who can also play in the attacking 3
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    Oggy Red said:

How did Henry's love child play?

First sign of madness quoting myself but .....

From the News Hopper: "Reeco Hackett-Fairchild - 6 - Never really had any opportunities in front of goal. His hold-up play was impressive, though, for such a young striker."

Sounds promising. Can anyone actually at the match elaborate?

• Sarr sounded superb, so super sub

for Pearce & Bauer.
  • edited August 2017
    Sarr was great. Still not expecting too much from him long term, but dare I say it, will not panic if he needs to play 3/4 games this season.
  • edited August 2017
    Enjoyable game to watch and everyone put in a good shift. Naby Sarr with an unreal performance and MOM, including a feigned shot and an outside of the boot through ball into the left channel. Reeves looked very tidy during his 50 or so mins. Hackett-Fairchild did well with the ball into his feet or behind the defence, but not so much with the high balls. Him and especially KAG could use a goal at some point in this comp. Every player looked so pleased for Lapslie to grab his goal...was stood right in line with his scuffed trickling shot and was clearly going to hit the post, but you couldn't tell if it would bounce in. Luckily it did, and he seemed chuffed!
  • Enjoyable game to watch and everyone put in a good shift. Naby Sarr with an unreal performance and MOM, including a feigned shot and an outside of the boot through ball into the left channel. Reeves looked very tidy during his 50 or so mins. Hackett-Fairchild did well with the ball into his feet or behind the defence, but not so much with the high balls. Him and especially KAG could use a goal at some point in this comp. Every player looked so pleased for Lapslie to grab his goal...was stood right in line with his scuffed trickling shot and was clearly going to hit the post, but you couldn't tell if it would bounce in. Luckily it did, and he seemed chuffed!

I suspect it is because he is a dream teammate. Lapslie is very much about making it easy for others by taking personal responsibility.
  • I don't want to take anything away from the kids tonight, but Crawley were awful. If the boys had their shooting boots on it could have been double figures.
  • edited August 2017
    Thought Sarr was very impressive tonight, but remember this was against Crawley who weren't very good. Nice to get the win but I'm very glad this isn't our first team.