Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Ground

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
You have visited ?

Comments

• Options
    valencia - absolutely loved it
  • Options
    The new Wembley is very impressive. Expensive, but impressive none the less...
  • Options
    The new Wembley and the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Camp Nou for me - hands down
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]valencia - absolutely loved it
    Really? I hate the Mestalla - its in a shit part of Valencia, their fans are the biggest arseholes in Spain outside Depor's lot and every time I've been the atmosphere's been crap - intimidating my arse.
  • Options
    New Wembley
  • Options
    I am biased, I know......but playing at The Valley made it the best ground I've ever been to! ;-)
    Still on a high.
  • Options
    Estadio do Luz, Lisbon. Only problem - alcohol free beer only!
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited May 2007
    Olympic Stadium, Sydney - Fantastic ground, especially when full of beer swilling Aussie Rugby League fans!
    p29603121.html
  • Options
    Shalke's Stadium in Gelsenkirchen.
  • Options
    Camp Nou is right up there.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Camp Nou for me - hands down
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]valencia - absolutely loved it
    Really? I hate the Mestalla - its in a shit part of Valencia, their fans are the biggest arseholes in Spain outside Depor's lot and every time I've been the atmosphere's been crap - intimidating my arse.

it may be in a shit part but they asked best ground been to not area. I know what you mean but when I went to the pre season game i loved it thought it atmosphere everything.
  • Options
    I'm with you Ledge, the pre season atmosphere, player introductions, fireworks, 25c at 11.30pm at night up in the gods made for an excellent time. As for location can Harvey Gardens be any better than the position of the Mestalla? At least it is an easy walk back into a beautiful City Centre rather than a train ride
  • Options
    What's wrong with a gentle stroll up Charlton Church Lane into a beautiful village centre....? ;-)
  • Options
    The stadium of light, night game is pretty impressive, as you drive towards the ground it's all lit up,that feeling of arriving after A LONG drive to know you're there is the nuts? does look cool from a distance, good stadium as well. Was there for a 0-0 draw on a tuesday night 97/98 7.45 ko was a great game.super clive hit the post.
  • Options
    Oakwell....no contest
  • Options
    Shimizu s-pulse japanese j league team, in shizuoka, remember alex who we tried to sign he was a squad member. great atmosphere, mad supporters good ground good day out.
  • Options
    estadao da luz lisbon and dragao porto.
    and park view road
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]Oakwell....no contest

You're not taking this seriously are you Peanuts?
  • Options
    I'm with Palace Hater Shalke's Stadium in Gelsenkirchen.

Gelsenkirchen was a awful place nothing there really bar one row of bars but the stadium was awesome, air con and drinking beer in your seat superb.
  • Options
    Have to say I've been there twice and the City of Manchester stadium is fantastic. Brondby was fun, but not that impressive a ground, atmosphere was superb though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    allianz arena, munich
  • Options
    Camp Nou.

For its sheer size, didnt even go for a game but it was breathtaking.
  • Options
    Lords... cant beat sitting in the upper tier of the grandstand with a pint in hand.
  • Options
    City of Manchester, Old Trafford were the biggest and best but I'll reserve judgement when I visit the New Wembley for the first time!
  • Options
    Stadium of Light - Benfica
    Gelsenkirchen - Schalke
    Nouc Camp - Barcelona
    Man Yoo

Not going to Wembley till the Russia and Croatia games.
  • Options
    also thought the san siro and the stadio olympico were pretty cool.

didn't see a game at the san siro though

my favourite ground in the prem is st james' park.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]Oakwell....no contest[/quote]

You're not taking this seriously are you Peanuts?[/quote]

Ahh...the pies and the precipitation.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    and the black pudding. It were so black even the white bits were black
  • Options
    San siro for me, everytime?
  • Options
    Would love to sit in the home end at St James Park, the ground is great, even from the through the clouds. However, it's probably New Wembley.