Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greg Shields and Stephen Presley

Watching Celtic win the Scottish cup final I noticed that Greg Shields, formerly of this parish, had an outstaning game as full back and captain for Dunfermiline. The Pars took the match to the Bhoys and made a game of it. Celtic looked sluggish, wasted a few good chances and bundled one in near the end. "Charlton reject" Presley didn't look particularly special but I wonder if he would have made a difference if he had joined us in January.

Pars had a young English player called Hammill (sp) on the wing with lots of tricks and pace but who didn't deliver much of a cross. Sign him up Pards :-)

Comments

• Options
    what are you doing up at this time henners? That shows real committment..

Mind you I have been in the office since 745...

:)
  • Options
    I have an eight year old son who gets up at about 5.30 am and a wife who's working in Florida. This isn't early! Plus I've got a shed load of work - VAT return to do, two reports, an application for a professional body to fill in, a workshop to do the prep and handouts for. FF it's raining so don't feel so bad about being stuck in the house. : - (
  • Options
    Shields is a bloody good right back and he was when he was with us. The word was that he fell out with Curbs and we all know what that means.
    A good attacking full-back who scored a couple of decent goals (and won me money!) in his short spell with us.
    My lad even had his name/number on his CAFC shirt that season and Shields was thrilled at that fact at the PotY bash when he was asked to sign it and have his photo taken with him.
  • Options
    Agree Stone. Always looked decent for us. Don't know if he was as good as Luke Young ;- ) but was certainly a lot cheaper.

As you say there is no way back when you fall out with Curbs as a few West Ham players may well find out and hopefully to our benefit.
  • Options
    Henry, that Hammill is a decent player and belongs to liverpool. might not be a bad shout for a loan deal next season. As for Shields, can anyone remember who he scored an absolute stunner against, at the Valley, into the Jimmy Seed end.
  • Options
    Birmingham City, won 1-0?
  • Options
    The Brum goal was his first for us, after a neat move. The real belter was in the 3-0 home win against Forest. Both scored in The Jimmy seed end.
  • Options
    cheers oggy and stone. i think it was the forest goal. i was talking about shields yesterday with my bruv and we remembered a q&a that shields and jj did at the valley. shields slagged curbs off all night and said that curbs never made up with anyone who fell out with him. what a suprise to hear that!
  • Options
    Shields slagged off Curbs all night, mart?

LOL....no wonder Mr Curbishley never picked him again!
  • Options
    Remember the Forest goal in the days when 1,000 of us were still situated in the Jimmy Seed. Followed the ball right from his foot before his hit the net. I reckon if it had carried on I could've headed it bang on my bonce. Fantastic goal.