Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who will be next to go

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Young ?
Bent ?
other Bent?

Not including the rumours of the players that may be released

Comments

• Options
    Young this week - Boro 2mill.
  • Options
    or the the deserters like Dennis why has he not gone yet?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]or the the deserters like Dennis why has he not gone yet?[/quote]

His contract is not up until June 1st, he is almost certain to be on the "released" list, probably has a similar clause to Herman in releasing him on a free if we go down.

People should buckle their seat-belts because June 1st will probably be a real "night of the long knives" down at The Valley.
  • Options
    kish rumoured to go to leicester.
  • Options
    JFH to Birmingham

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=468909&CPID=10&clid=41&lid=2&title=Hasselbaink+open+to+Blues+deal
  • Options
    jfh doesn't really belong to us so i don't know if we are counting that as an "exit"?

i reckon young, never had much time for him, he should go and get the move he craved last summer and get us a nice wedge in the process
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]or the the deserters like Dennis why has he not gone yet?
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    His contract is not up until June 1st, he is almost certain to be on the "released" list, probably has a similar clause to Herman in releasing him on a free if we go down.

The official site has Rommedahl down as signing a four year deal when he joined us, so he should have one year left on his contract. The only way he goes for nothing is if he has the 'Hermann clause' that you mentioned, or they agree a mutual release on a free (Although, I can't see Dennis giving up a years salary..).

*This of course could all be complete gumph, if the OS got their info wrong in the first place and he is in fact a 'Bosman'
  • Options
    Dennis has one year left on his contract.
  • Options
    JFH is still being paid by us for another month apparently, so I'll count it as an exit.
  • Options
    I reckon they'll offer Rommedahl a release so he can secure a fat signing on fee elsewhere, no way we want to pay him a penny more than we have to.

Question is, who the hell is going to want to pay him a sign-on fee? He'll be lucky to get a club the way he played for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard Brondby were after him. So maybe Denis fancies going home to Copenhagen?
  • Options
    If he hasn't got a Herman-type clause, shouldn't we be at least trying to get some money for him?

Although he will probably not be moving to another club in this country - either through choice and/or lack of interest from Premiership teams - he is still an established international etc.
  • Options
    Kish

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=allen-aims-to-seal-it-with-a-kish%26method=full%26objectid=19209175%26siteid=89520-name_page.html
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Dennis said he wanted to go if we went down. Don't know what he's waiting for. If he's too good for the fizzy pop league then there should be loads of clubs after him.
  • Options
    Brondby won't pay him a cracker, Danish clubs have no money at all.

The fact that nobody in a major league will come in for him on anything like the terms he has with us means that we will either have to pay him out his contract, which would be a pain financially, or keep him in the CCC.

I would be amazed if any non-Scandinavian teams came in for him, apart from maybe one of the Dutch teams, but either would mean a massive pay cut.
  • Options
    Could well be a stumbling block for cafc in terms of his contract, 1 year left, who would want him, might be able to shift him on which would cost money but might be cheaper and a reduction from our wage bill,depends on what his agent is looking at, should find out in the next week or so?
  • Options
    possibly a year long loan swap deal with someone else who is out of favour at a club and needs to see out their contract? dont ask me who though lol