Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal v Cologne

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:

From your BBC report @Covered End

"They did throw bottles and let off flares, but there was no significant disorder, police were on scene and there have been no arrests."

You do realise that apart from the flares, the Sint-Truiden police would have made an identical comment when we - you and I - were there in March?

So you're condoning throwing bottles around London and letting off flares ?

You condone the assaults on the stewards ?

Unbelievable, you seem to often take the side of Europeans over the English.

If English fans were throwing bottles and letting off flares in Prague, you would be fine with that would you ?

NB Charlton fans in Sint-Truiden didn't throw bottles or let off flares.

My God you're insufferable at times.

https://twitter.com/TheRealCasuals_
    I am afraid you are wrong there. A group of little herberts did. I saw and heard it happen. And to the best of my knowledge, they were not arrested, possibly because some others found the culprits and told them to pack it in, rather like happened last night.

As a % of the 250 or so who went, they were tiny. However 5 arrests as a percentage of 20,000 is so small my tiny brain can't calculate it. I am sure you can.

Ae you trying to become CL's answer to Mary Whitehouse?

Bottles and flares thrown in St Truiden? Been four times and seen nothing but respect for citizens of both countries and fans of all clubs involved there.

And the biggest contingent of Charlton fans there was closely co-ordinated with the local police and authorities, unlike the chaos caused last night by hoards of ticketless Germans.

No flares, of course not. English fans don't do flares, do they, except the Nigels. A bottle, on the march to the stadium, definitely, and thrown by a group of young kids who, I was told, had been kicking up a bit on the way over. Ask around. Self policed by other Charlton fans, fortunately.

The fact remains that if a Duchatelet friendly journo with a video -cam had been in the vicinity, a vid would have gone up on Twitter showing the sound and sight of breaking glass as Charlton fans march through a quiet peaceful town. It would of course have been a travesty of the truth, just as @Covered End 's lifting of a small piece of Barney Ronay's article does not give anything like the true picture BR wanted to convey.

• Options

Grown up Twiiter account from a Brit who knows what he is talking about here, @Covered End if you care to consider a more sober and balanced viewpoint

Yes, just read that thanks. Unlike yourself he says -

Archie Rhind-Tutt‏Verified account
    @archiert1
    Follow
    More
    "To reiterate - this does not excuse what happened to some stewards and fans. Absolutely not."
    1:03 am - 15 Sep 2017
  • Options
    Anyway, I have had enough of a nonsense debate of someone defending the indefensible, even it was a minority of the 20,000, which it was and I've not said otherwise.

Presumably if a minority of Charlton fans throw bottles, let off flares around Gillingham attack stewards, then break into the ground, get into the home ends, we'll have the support of prague.
  • Options

Prague addick really hates Britain. Good job he is in a country that welcomes Germans so much.

He doesn't hate Britain. He just prefers and sides with other Europeans in preference to Britain.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Prague addick really hates Britain. Good job he is in a country that welcomes Germans so much.

He doesn't hate Britain. He just prefers and sides with other Europeans in preference to Britain.
    Nonsense. However if you accuse me of considering 1FC Koln fans to be a much better bunch, and more deserving of my sympathy than the Spanners, then guilty as charged.

nb @Big_Bad_World I do recognise that some Spanners are OK. :-)