Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

My away day at Gillingham on Saturday

Comments

• I haven't read the whole thread so I may be repeating something, maybe not - Swisdom, were you around in the 70s - 80s ? Behaviour in football grounds has improved beyond belief since those days. I would be more surprised if I went to a game and heard no swearing.

I guess due to the unique circumstances of the club exiled to Selhurst, and its incredibly focused support, my impression is that we had very little of that element in the late 80s and early 90s.

I was there for "Battle of the Bridge" but with all the madness and violence from the Chelsea fans, there was little coming from the Charlton fans. Other away matches, rather than shouting abuse and c*nt at everyone, everyone was singing about The Valley
    hahahahaha you are joking I take it ?
  • I haven't read the whole thread so I may be repeating something, maybe not - Swisdom, were you around in the 70s - 80s ? Behaviour in football grounds has improved beyond belief since those days. I would be more surprised if I went to a game and heard no swearing.

I was there for "Battle of the Bridge" but with all the madness and violence from the Chelsea fans, there was little coming from the Charlton fans.
    Err, the Chelsea fans that were in our end got a bit of a hiding.
    In the circumstances "acceptable" self defence. It wasn't us starting it though, or provoking them

You obviously weren't at Villers Street before the game or Earls court after
  • satsuma27 said:

I heard one moron, who looked like he'd had a few lines of coke to go with his beer, giving Jonny Jackson all the abuse under the sun. "Jackson you useless cunt, we've paid a lot of money for this shit, you useless cunt" were his exact words. JJ didn't set foot on the pitch ffs. Come armageddon, come armageddon come.

Everyday is like Sunday
    When Rileys in Lewisham/ladywell was open my mate and I put that song on loop on the jukebox for an hour. Of course we were doing it to wind everyone up and see if anyone reacted. It's quite a good game to play with any song really. You just need a jukebox and a crowd of people

This Eastern European girl working there was doing her nut by about the 5th time it came on. That's the queue to keep it going
  • clb74 said:

kafka said:

DA9 said:

Wouldn't take my little boy to Palarase & Smallwall (home or away) or gills away
    I know who it attracts and what will happen, always does, always will

Didn't used to though. I agree with you, won't go to local away games now as our support has become just like everything I used to hate about Millwall's.
    I'm afraid it did used to. About 45 years ago in the Kent cup Gillingham was left looking like Aleppo and the train back was dismantled by the time it got to Charlton.
    Did you use the word c@nt though
    I believe the term in 1962 was "lady garden"
    Heyyyyy douchbag ooh ahh I wanna knowwwohoh why you're such a lady garden .............. you can see why they don't use that term anymore can't you.
    a bit harsh on me but fair comment in all honesty , never been called a douchbag before
  • clb74 said:

kafka said:

DA9 said:

Wouldn't take my little boy to Palarase & Smallwall (home or away) or gills away
    I know who it attracts and what will happen, always does, always will

Didn't used to though. I agree with you, won't go to local away games now as our support has become just like everything I used to hate about Millwall's.
    I'm afraid it did used to. About 45 years ago in the Kent cup Gillingham was left looking like Aleppo and the train back was dismantled by the time it got to Charlton.
    Did you use the word c@nt though
    I believe the term in 1962 was "lady garden"
    Heyyyyy douchbag ooh ahh I wanna knowwwohoh why you're such a lady garden .............. you can see why they don't use that term anymore can't you.
    a bit harsh on me but fair comment in all honesty , never been called a douchbag before
    Not sure if that's a whoosh or not but not aimed at you oohaah, just a slight remix of protesters song hey roland I wanna know why you're such a cnut .......... I won't give up my day job
  • Redrobo said:

Not a word I use, but often wondered why this particular word is deemed so offensive compared to all the other slang words for a vigina.

Some twat on this forum said I looked like Alf Garnett!
  • I miss the days of people chanting 'Hydro-electric Power Station'
  • not really sure why the word c--t is a term of nastiness ,ridicule and bile ??? i thing like the N word should be excluded from our vocab immediately and the wird Corbyn substituted. As in " what a fucking total Corbyn you are".

or for may be use TONY . A lot of Tonys are total Corbyns allegedly
  • Sponsored links:

• satsuma27 said:

I heard one moron, who looked like he'd had a few lines of coke to go with his beer, giving Jonny Jackson all the abuse under the sun. "Jackson you useless cunt, we've paid a lot of money for this shit, you useless cunt" were his exact words. JJ didn't set foot on the pitch ffs. Come armageddon, come armageddon come.

He's better not go to Dubai for his holiday:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-41345036
  • Mametz said:

Redrobo said:

Not a word I use, but often wondered why this particular word is deemed so offensive compared to all the other slang words for a vigina.

Some twat on this forum said I looked like Alf Garnett!
    Uncanny likeness, especially when on a rant in Belgium!
  • no doubt that away games not too far from SE7 attract a coke (or more likely sulphate) snorting and cheap booze guzzling yob youth faction with only a limited interest in the game and football in general ..
    they are generally a fucking nuisance and have no respect for the real fans who attend a lot of games .. Oxford last year (check the posts on that one) is a good example

Er.. excuse me, I prefer rather expensive booze thank you very much!
  • no doubt that away games not too far from SE7 attract a coke (or more likely sulphate) snorting and cheap booze guzzling yob youth faction with only a limited interest in the game and football in general ..
    they are generally a fucking nuisance and have no respect for the real fans who attend a lot of games .. Oxford last year (check the posts on that one) is a good example

What makes them not real fans then ?
  • J BLOCK said:

no doubt that away games not too far from SE7 attract a coke (or more likely sulphate) snorting and cheap booze guzzling yob youth faction with only a limited interest in the game and football in general ..

What makes them not real fans then ?
    They don't attend a lot of games. :smiley:
  • Don't bite Lincs!
  • If you attend a lot of games and drink cheap booze and snort stuff are you a proper fan then?
  • If you attend a lot of games and drink cheap booze and snort stuff are you a proper fan then?

Yes.
  • Don't bite Lincs!

Not fishing, he talks about 'real fans' but A. What makes a real fan and B. Who is he to judge.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Don't bite Lincs!

Not fishing, he talks about 'real fans' but A. What makes a real fan and B. Who is he to judge.
    how many away games do you usually attend during a season ? ..
  • J BLOCK said:

Don't bite Lincs!

I think I need to recharge my battery.
  • J BLOCK said:

Don't bite Lincs!

Answer the question
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Don't bite Lincs!

Answer the question
    I think it was meant in the context of behaving themselves.
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Don't bite Lincs!

Answer the question
    so how many away games for you ?
  • J BLOCK said:

Don't bite Lincs!

and 'judge'? .. I 'judge' people on their behaviour and the way they interact with other people .. there are a lot of CAFC fans, young and old, who attend a lot of away games and I 'judge' them to be REAL FANS .. some of them might like a good drink and perhaps something stronger, they might f and blind and be raucous, they are out for a good time and to watch the game and support the team ..
    BUT they do not abuse other quieter or older CAFC fans, throw flares or full plastic bottles around inside the stadium, pick fights with security men/stewards .. generally they know who is playing in a CAFC shirt .. these are, I 'judge' real fans

as I typed above, at several games I've been to which are not too far from the Valley, there has been an unruly element of usually youngsters which is plainly just there to cause a little bit of trouble, have a laugh at anyone's expense and they tend to neither have any respect for fellow spectators or indeed to know much about football in general and CAFC in particular .. these I 'judge' not to be real CAFC fans ... does that answer your ? ?
    Not really. Who are you to judge who is a real fan or not?
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Don't bite Lincs!

Answer the question
    so how many away games for you ?
    No longer a season ticket holder, due to Roland. However, i've been to every home game this season and every away bar Rotherham and Oldham.

Let's hope I constitute as a real fan aye.
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Don't bite Lincs!

and 'judge'? .. I 'judge' people on their behaviour and the way they interact with other people .. there are a lot of CAFC fans, young and old, who attend a lot of away games and I 'judge' them to be REAL FANS .. some of them might like a good drink and perhaps something stronger, they might f and blind and be raucous, they are out for a good time and to watch the game and support the team ..
    BUT they do not abuse other quieter or older CAFC fans, throw flares or full plastic bottles around inside the stadium, pick fights with security men/stewards .. generally they know who is playing in a CAFC shirt .. these are, I 'judge' real fans

as I typed above, at several games I've been to which are not too far from the Valley, there has been an unruly element of usually youngsters which is plainly just there to cause a little bit of trouble, have a laugh at anyone's expense and they tend to neither have any respect for fellow spectators or indeed to know much about football in general and CAFC in particular .. these I 'judge' not to be real CAFC fans ... does that answer your ? ?
    you're repeating yourself ... think of something else and 'judge' is your word not mine .. I CHOOSE to think what I think and if you don't like it ? .. hard luck
  • edited September 2017

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Don't bite Lincs!

you're repeating yourself ... think of something else and 'judge' is your word not mine .. I CHOOSE to think what I think and if you don't like it ? .. hard luck
    Yep, I just think you have no right, like anyone on here (myself included), to determine what a real fan looks like.