Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What would you do...

Comments

• Options
    Unleash The Hell Raiser.
  • Options
    It would have been more polite without the effing great no parking sticker.

B.

• Options
    If it's that important to them, they're the ones who should be making "alternative arrangements".
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

'B' but make sure you've got a spare tyre or foot pump in the boot, better still both :wink: .

last parking dispute I had, the cowardly fecker slashed two of my tyres after I'd walked away ..
    I am still looking for him to this day .. if you spot a really ugly twat in a red Audi .. that's him !! ((:>) ..let me know ((:>)
    Inconvenient I know mate but at least you didn't two 'go faster' (key) stripes down the sdie resulting in a more costly re-spray :wink: .
    I've had that as well .. and that was without any kind of dispute with anyone .. I'd had the car just six weeks as well, some jealous %66%" .. anyway .... enough about me ((:>)
  • Options
    Completely agree about the clip art. It's like they're trying to speak with authority rather than making a polite request. B for me.
  • Options
    Agree with everyone else. Would have been happy to do it but they stuck that no parking clipart on there which is just shit. Park there as normal.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

What if the event is a bit of tank driving for their clients with some old cars parked up for them to destroy?

Some people don't think these things through.

:smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Well, we havnt had a good protest for a while, we could go down there, take one of the banners with us , cross out Roland, replace it with Linda - get smashed in the Canterbury Brewery and then go back and moon and heckle at everyone in a sude. We could always add to the fun by having a cardboard coffin with ADM Computing on it, and then invade the premises setting off the fire alarms.
    After we've all parked in their parking spots, of course.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

If they'd gone with "So sorry to ask, but would you mind..." and come up woth a charming way to ask, then I'd have tried to park somewhere else.

I totally agree. I don't actually think the note is particularly polite, to me it has an air of 'well obviously you're going to park somewhere else, we've requested it'.
  • Options
    What would you do
    If you were asked to give up your dreams for freedom
    What would you do
    If asked to make the ultimate sacrifice

Would you think about all them people
    Who gave up everything they had
    Would you think about all them war vets
    And would you start to feel bad

Freedom isn't free
    It costs folks like you and me
    And if we don't all chip in
    We'll never pay that bill

Freedom isn't free
    No, there's a hefty fuckin' fee
    And if you don't throw in your buck o' five
    Who will?

What would you do
    If someone told you to fight for freedom
    Would you answer the call
    Or run away like a little pussy
    ''cause the only reason that you're here
    Is 'cause folks died for you in the past
    So maybe now it's your turn
    To die kicking some ass

Freedom isn't free
    It costs folks like you and me
    And if we don't all chip in
    We'll never pay that bill

Freedom isn't free
    Now there's a hefty fuckin' fee
    And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
    Who will?

You don't throw in your buck 'o five
    Who will?
    Oooh buck 'o five
    Freedom costs a buck 'o five
  • Options
    Linda Sinclair needs to work on her interpersonal skills. That reads like an internal edict not a polite request for assistance from strangers.

But at the end of the day it's one days inconvenience. You could park elsewhere for the day but then make sure the company know it was a bit of a stroppy request after the event.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Its rubbish anyway. ADM Computing Ltd is in Knutsford and lists no director by that name.
    Sprinkle the parking places with tacks.
  • Options

Looks quite a fun day... https://t.co/SBZj6IFAUU

Free lunch and free Sophos swag: whatever the hell free swag is!!

Swag = Noun "money or goods taken by a thief or burglar"
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Just turned up and they've put cones all up the road and parked 4 vans there aswell so near enough impossible to park.

It might look like I could get in this space but it's double yellows at the beginning and there is a big metal tow bar sticking out of the vehicle up the road abit so would of been very tight.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Just turned up and they've put cones all up the road and parked 4 vans there aswell so near enough impossible to park.

It might look like I could get in this space but it's double yellows at the beginning and there is a big metal tow bar sticking out of the vehicle up the road abit so would of been very tight.

That is bang out of order and also an obstruction of the highway i.e. illegal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just spoke to someone from work and they reckon ADM told them they have an agreement with the Mod to park there and do what they want. I'm far from convinced.
  • Options

Just spoke to someone from work and they reckon ADM told them they have an agreement with the Mod to park there and do what they want. I'm far from convinced.

Is it a public road, maintained by the council? In which case that's a load of bs.
  • Options

Is it a public road, maintained by the council? In which case that's a load of bs.
    Yeah it's a public road. Just seen this notice put up at work to. The plot thickens.

Seems like bs to me too.
  • Options
    In the spirit of reasonable cooperation I would be normally be inclined to park elsewhere for one day. However I object to the large sign and the seeming command to park elsewhere rather than a polite request.. So it would be B for me.
  • Options

Yeah it's a public road. Just seen this notice put up at work to. The plot thickens.

Seems like bs to me too.
    I've never heard of the council allocating spaces on a public road to a private business. Spaces in a council owned car park for a fee maybe but never the highway. Something weird going on or it's complete nonsense that could be resolved with a quick call to the Highways Dept.
  • Options
    Yes this does seem very strange. I just asked my manager and he said they have complained about spaces being used and park at your own risk but I don't see how it's a risk if it's a public road. Who could I contact to find out if this agreement exists?
  • Options

Seems like bs to me too.
    I've never heard of the council allocating spaces on a public road to a private business. Spaces in a council owned car park for a fee maybe but never the highway. Something weird going on or it's complete nonsense that could be resolved with a quick call to the Highways Dept.
    This.
  • Options
    So basically, neither ADM, or your place of work @Leaburns Daddy, have their own car park space, or not enough for their workforce/clients. They may have complained, but your boss should have grown a pair and mentioned that he pays his rates & business taxes too and that he also has his own deal for spaces with the Council/MoD!

Double bluff the bollocks out of 'em!!!