Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Earthquake in Mexico

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-41327593

Awful.

Not really much else to add apart from simply just wishing the best for the current survivors at this point.

This is irrelevant to the actual problem, but what I also find a little bit sad shameful and shocking is that the POTUS loves to tweet. He has tweeted quite a few times already today which is mostly full of a touch of self promotion for how good he apparently is at his job. Other bits and bobs, also still having a moan about Obama care.

Mexico is the southern neighbour of the US and the president hasn't even at least mentioned a disaster that has already killed over 200 people. If you are going to tweet (he tweets about a lot of things in the news), surely acknowledging a disaster that has caused a lot of damage by making it clear the White house wants to help a friend in need during a sudden particularly dark desperate chaotic and sad time by at least showing some acknowledgment and concern for your neighbour.

We know he probably thinks Mexicans are people that have less worth then American people. That's also probably because he is a ignorant low life nasty piece of work.

Anyway, enough of that. Just to be clear I'm neither conservative or really that strongly liberal. I just have a bad feeling and can't believe this type of ignoring and neglect. I hope I'm wrong by the end of the day.

RIP.

Comments

• No fan of trump but he did tweet about it

"God bless the people of Mexico City. We are with you and will be there for you."
  • No fan of trump but he did tweet about it

"God bless the people of Mexico City. We are with you and will be there for you."

My mistake!

Sorry to the Donald. I checked before I posted. Was it recent? Anyway, it's not the main concern.

At least he did say something. I
    Was beginning to think he was 99% c*nt instead of 95.
  • Prime example of fake news Trump always refers to
  • edited September 2017
    There was a program on the BBC last week or the week before showing life in one of the worlds Mega Cities, Mexico. One of the subjects was about how they deal with the different aspects of an earthquake and one of the presenters was about 20 metres underground in an operations centre with all this brand new equipment to detect quakes, not just those in a Mexico but around the world and they asked the scientist when the next big one was due to which the scientist replied "now". They mentioned this system would give a minutes warning prior to the quake hitting but sounds like they didn't get the usual signs of a big quake.
  • spoke to a CAFC face who lives in Mexico City and has another CAFC mate on holiday with him at the mo.He has experienced several earthquakes and said this was the worst.His building isnt damaged although a good few buildings in the area are. They lost power and water but managed to find a bar that was open so like all good Englishmen plotted up in there
  • Montezuma strikes again .. poor Mexico .. murderous drug cartels, a hostile USA to contend with, earthquakes ..

I thank god (if he /she exists) for the fact that the luck of the draw put me here to live my life and not in some benighted part of the world