Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly

Comments

• Options
    He must ha he must have something lined up if he wouldn’t play to the end of the season.
  • Options
    Isn't Sarr our highest earner? But is on about 8k a week
  • Options
    Should have been applauded out the front door, instead he slopes out of the back. 
  • Options
    He must ha he must have something lined up if he wouldn’t play to the end of the season.
    Are you a Donkey Danny?  ;)
  • Options
    Completely ruined his reputation in my eyes with his decision not to make himself available to play up to 30/06. From a moral perspective for the club captain who had a testimonial less than a year ago to do this to us is unforgivable. Scrub his name off the player of the year board and delete his record from our history! 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I hope Chris feels able to explain his reasoning behind not seeing out his contract. I feel that's the only possible way he'll ever be welcome back at The Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry end for a great servant to this football club.
  • Options
    I can imagine Solly is sad how it has ended as well. Such a shame, 
  • Options
    If he is that sad why didn't he convelute some cock and ball injury?  
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Quite saddened at the way this has ended. Always wanted to see him score at the Valley 
    He did slot the first one home in the play off semi final shoot out.  And will no doubt score a belter for Concord Rangers when we play them at home in the FA Cup next season. 
  • Options
    Cowardly that he has said nothing as well. I massively disagree with how Lyle has behaved, but I do respect the fact that he has manned up and given his reasons in public
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If he is that sad why didn't he convelute some cock and ball injury?  
    Groin straines are not easy to fake.
  • Options
    jams said:
    Olly has tweeted this : There will be more to come in a few weeks once things are a bit calmer. Sols will be going out the front door at The Valley, not ushered out the back, don't worry about that.
    All depends if the fans accept whatever is being said... Part of me has a feeling that this involves retirement
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    ColinTat said:
      Champ wages were average 10 grand a week almost 7-8 years ago.  Peterborough pay good wages, Forest probably paid him well above average as they had him on very long contracts.  Middlesborough pay above average Champ contracts, they signed him just after relegation.

Before Covid it is very likely Taylor would sign for between 20-30 grand a week.  If he signs for Rangers now, it's very likely he'd earn that considering they're throwing money at trying to stop Celtic.

Taylor signed for less money than he'd get at Sunderland. From reports at the club no one's on more than 6 grand a week.
    I believe Sarr is on more 
    Football Manager has Sarr as the highest earner at the club. Far from fact, but it has been quite accurate about things in the past.
    A few years ago Airman confirmed that Sarr was the highest-earner, on £275k p.a.

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    ColinTat said:
      Champ wages were average 10 grand a week almost 7-8 years ago.  Peterborough pay good wages, Forest probably paid him well above average as they had him on very long contracts.  Middlesborough pay above average Champ contracts, they signed him just after relegation.

Before Covid it is very likely Taylor would sign for between 20-30 grand a week.  If he signs for Rangers now, it's very likely he'd earn that considering they're throwing money at trying to stop Celtic.

Taylor signed for less money than he'd get at Sunderland. From reports at the club no one's on more than 6 grand a week.
    Football Manager has Sarr as the highest earner at the club. Far from fact, but it has been quite accurate about things in the past.
    A few years ago Airman confirmed that Sarr was the highest-earner, on £275k p.a.

That’s interesting - I thought he was on £12K a week for some reason, thankfully not! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Cowardly that he has said nothing as well. I massively disagree with how Lyle has behaved, but I do respect the fact that he has manned up and given his reasons in public
    Lyle’s snivelling “I can hardly sleep” dramatics don’t fit my definition of manning up.
    Totally agree 

also I don’t think Lyle did any more than solly in regards to excusing themselves from breaking their contracts, people just seem to think that Chris slipping by unnoticed means Lyle was more open on his departure.

Bowyer is the one who broke the news on the three of them not playing and their reasons for it.

one didn’t want to return as it was a loan deal so cited the coronavirus, the other two were more worried about themselves and future pay cheques than they were about not only their contracts but their teammates, their manager and the club and its fans that had supported them through sickness and health.

i don’t know why I’m still letting myself get sucked into this but fuck them , I hope they never pass a medical again. 
  • Options
    jams said:
    Olly has tweeted this : There will be more to come in a few weeks once things are a bit calmer. Sols will be going out the front door at The Valley, not ushered out the back, don't worry about that.
    Like Southall did when he exited?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    ColinTat said:

he's on 22k a month 😱

Or £6k per league game were he to play them all!
  • Options
    jams said:
    Thought he had already gone. 

Slopped off leaving his team mates to fight on without him. One you wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Still can’t get my head around how one of the bravest, toughest players we’ve had in recent years now has the reputation of a ‘coward’ in many people’s eyes.

I honestly can’t think of a comparable situation in football like it where a club legends reputation has dramatically U-turned in one swift instant? 
    That's the world we live in now.  The internet gives vent to all the screeching and focuses it to a laser sharp point.  If, as Olly suggests, there's more to Solly downing tools than meets the eye, it's been very badly managed by Solly, his agent, Bowyer, the club, everyone involved.  The deafening silence coming from Solly is replaced by howls of internet indignation.  I had some sympathy with his possible career predicament but not fulfilling his contract and not fronting up to it is a very poor show.