Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Half time nonsense

What was all that about after the crossbar challenge???

Comments

• Options
    What happened?
  • Options
    Part of the dis-connect we have with the club now. I've no idea.
  • Options
    a shambles was what it was, even those involved didn't know what was going on.

It was some sort of penalty shoot out between the uni's women v mens as I think it was some sort of greenwich Uni day. All seemed a bit of a flop, don't think they 'took over the valley'.........

• Options
    edited September 2017
    It was an absolute shambles. Brian Cole didn't seem to have a clue what was happening the same as the crowd watching .
    Embarrassing
  • Options
    And what is the point of handing BDL'S successor a microphone to waddle around the pitch with?
    The PA system renders his musings completely unintelligible.
  • Options
    Plus there was no pre match music coming out of the PA in the east stand .
    It felt completely flat.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

And what is the point of handing BDL'S successor a microphone to waddle around the pitch with?

This.
    They seem to have addressed the issue of the ear shattering volume, but I genuinely can't understand a word being said.
    Hence bemusement at the half time "entertainment".
    And boy did that weird happening need explaining
  • Options

Redskin said:

This.
    They seem to have addressed the issue of the ear shattering volume, but I genuinely can't understand a word being said.
    Hence bemusement at the half time "entertainment".
    And boy did that weird happening need explaining
    It was deafeningly loud at the start of the season, now it's too soft and unclear...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:

unfair to blame the PA system!
  • Options
    Why doesn't that stupid bird and knight ever try and save the shots?
  • Options
    The ground staff did not look happy at this UOG crap. Plus Phillips came out to do a bit of warming up and couldn’t get near the goal because of the student soap dodging parasites.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I have been warned against comment about the club levels of communication in a variety of forms, because those involved are all volunteers who basically suffer for their art.
    Those on the receivng end of the communications issued forth by the club need to learn to accept anything and to give back unconditional love.
    If you pay attention you would have realised by now we have a new first team player called Joe Konsa. Be glad and accept it because you can't change it.

How long until we Charltonize Joe Konsa?
  • Options

Give me Dick Neve anytime, when the music played was on 45rpms loaned from the local record shop and they played the full version of 'Red, Red Robin' when the team came running out onto the pitch alone. None of this namby pamby shaking the hands of the opposition and the ref and linesmen before kick off.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls..." There is a Richard Neve House in Plumstead High Street, a block of sheltered housing for the elderly.

• Options

Give me Dick Neve anytime, when the music played was on 45rpms loaned from the local record shop and they played the full version of 'Red, Red Robin' when the team came running out onto the pitch alone. None of this namby pamby shaking the hands of the opposition and the ref and linesmen before kick off.

Aah yes, records loaned by The Music Shop, Thomas Street, Woolwich.
    The days when the players came out to warm up at 2.50pm and the game kicked off at 3pm on the dot.
    10 minutes only for half-time and the games finished at 4.40pm or as near as damn it.
    That's when the first scores came through on the BBC vidiprinter.
    No subs to rack-up added time and not so much timewasting.
    And if you never had a program you wouldn't have a clue what the scores of A-z represented in the north west corner
  • Options

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls..." There is a Richard Neve House in Plumstead High Street, a block of sheltered housing for the elderly.

Point of order: "not forgetting the boys and girls".