Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHARLTON 1 BURY 1 - 24th September 2017

edited September 2017 in General Charlton

CHARLTON 1 (Magennis 39) BURY 1 (Beckford 9)

Attendance 9,895 (346 Bury)

Charlton Amos, Solly, Bauer, Pearce, Dasilva, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Fosu, Clarke (Dodoo, 78) Ahearne-Grant (Konsa, 64), Magennis

Southend Murphy, Leigh, Maguire (Dobre, 67), Beckford, Reilly (Danns, 55), Edwards, Aldred, Humphrey, Laurent, Cameron (Whitmore, 18), Smith.

Summary

Frustrating afternoon at The Valley where Charlton, despite dominating play, where just not good enough to force victory against Bury and appeared impacted by the absence of Ricky Holmes. Once again a Josh Magennis header brought the goal for the Addicks, cancelling out a decent early strike from outside the box by Jermaine Beckford.

Post Match comments

Robinson: “We did enough to win. It was frustrating. When the whistle went, it was like you could hear a pin drop around the stadium. I don’t know who was more frustrated – the supporters or us. Their keeper made some great saves, but that doesn’t help us. We should be sitting here celebrating three points and that’s the frustrating factor of it. We were poor in the opening 20 minutes, we were way off our levels and the players accepted why I was critical of them during the first half. In the second half, we just felt that if we kept doing the same things we would create chances and we did. The biggest disappointment for me, is that I don’t think we change the game when we made substitutions. We’ve got good players, but they have to come off the bench and make an impact in the final third.”

Magennis:"We’re disappointed that we’re not winning, of course, but we can’t be too dismayed because we are making those chances. Goalkeepers are just pulling off the saves at the moment and we need to make sure that we hit the net. It’s human nature to get frustrated. But we have got to stay positive and need to realise that we are not playing badly, but that we’re just not taking the chance that are coming our way.”

STATBANK Player Marks

Clarke = 7.06
Magennis = 6.86
Dasilva = 6.83
Pearce = 6.67
Amos = 6.36
Forster-Caskey = 6.36
Fosu-Henry = 6.25
Bauer = 6.26
Kashi = 6.19
Solly = 6.18
Konsa = 5.80