Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL's Favourite Albums (Featuring Blood on the Tracks and The Yes Album)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Still remember the first time I heard Blood on the Tracks. It's an absolutely magical record. Probably only heard Yes once and wasn't interested. I suspect if I went back now that would change at least a bit, but it's still Blood on the Tracks for me.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Blood on the tracks. Don’t really think they are comparable. Every track brilliant. Was never a Yes man...
  • Options
    edited September 2017

The first time I’ve ever voted tactically.

I knew the Yes album had a chance to progress, whereas my preferred choice ‘Close to the Edge’, was most probably a concept too far …

I don't think Close to the Edge received a single vote on the initial thread :disappointed:

Nice tactics though!
  • Options
    And can I just say I didn't like those Roger Dean covers either
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Oh, and the NME have a proud history of doing just that. Garbage publication, always has been

Not always Leuth.
    There was a time in the early 70's when they were the cutting edge of rock journalism, with writers like the aforementioned Charles Shaar Murray, Nick Kent and the late Ian MacDonald.
    They were a bunch of gits who could be cruel, dismissive and just plain wrong, but they were never less than brilliant writers, thought provoking, entertaining and often hilarious.
    Made the stuffy, staid Melody Maker seem hopelessly boring and dated.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Oh, and the NME have a proud history of doing just that. Garbage publication, always has been

Not always Leuth.
    There was a time in the early 70's when they were the cutting edge of rock journalism, with writers like the aforementioned Charles Shaar Murray, Nick Kent and the late Ian MacDonald.
    They were a bunch of gits who could be cruel, dismissive and just plain wrong, but they were never less than brilliant writers, thought provoking, entertaining and often hilarious.
    Very true and then they had Parsons, Burchill and Baker.

Must read paper for all 70s musos.
  • Options
    Not listened to either album & only track I've ever heard of is Tangled up in Blue. Not a fan of either artist but prefer prog rock over nasal Bob so would have to say YES
  • Options

Not listened to either album & only track I've ever heard of is Tangled up in Blue. Not a fan of either artist but prefer prog rock over nasal Bob so would have to say YES

How can this be counted?
  • Options
    Dylan.
  • Options

As in you'd much prefer to look at a cover picture of pretty boy Bob? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

Not always Leuth.
    Nick Kent, at least initially, was not a huge fan of Blood on the Tracks:
    Nick Kent of the NME said “the accompaniments are often so trashy they sound like mere practice takes”
    http://ramalbumclub.com/post/110637898114/week-5-bonus-blood-on-the-tracks-by-bob-dylan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_on_the_Tracks#Critical_reception
  • Options

As in you'd much prefer to look at a cover picture of pretty boy Bob? :wink:
    Tbh yes.
  • Options

How can this be counted?
    I think I can only accept votes from posters who have listened to both albums. Generally, I will assume that that is the case if someone has submitted a vote.
  • Options
    They aren't particularly long albums, so if anyone is interested in listening to them, there are spotify links in the original post and I would highly recommend them if you have some time to spare.
  • Options
    Well, that was fairly one sided (15 - 6)

Stay tuned for more
  • Options

Stay tuned for more

How many left in this round?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Stay tuned for more

How many left in this round?
    There are two more match ups in this round.
  • Options

Stay tuned for more

Should have been 200 - 0

Looking forward to the next match