Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 1-1 Bury

Many thanks to the 44 Lifers who gave marks:

Comments

• edited September 2017
    I realise this is your stats done your way but I have a suggested revision:
    When a player is suspended for accumulated cards, serious foul play etc I think their average score should reflect those games for which they were suspended e.g Ricky Holmes current average would be 6.48 rather than 7.29. My justification, being that they are (almost entirely) responsible for their own unavailability, in contrast to the misfortune of injury or the impenetrable vagaries of managerial selection. Similar in principle to not rating players for substitute(d) appearances shorter than 20 minutes. Just a thought. Many thanks for your efforts.
  • I realise this is your stats done your way but I have a suggested revision:
    When a player is suspended for accumulated cards, serious foul play etc I think their average score should reflect those games for which they were suspended e.g Ricky Holmes current average would be 6.48 rather than 7.29. My justification, being that they are (almost entirely) responsible for their own unavailability, in contrast to the misfortune of injury or the impenetrable vagaries of managerial selection. Similar in principle to not rating players for substitute(d) appearances shorter than 20 minutes. Just a thought. Many thanks for your efforts.

Interesting point
  • Absolutely love the stats btw. Thanks for all the hard work.
  • Solly bottom of the averages of the regular starters.

Time of Dyksteel?
  • Feel like there was "herding" with Kashi. He made the one mistake giving the ball away near his own goal early on (he did win it back though), and after that he was very, very good.

thanks for the suggestion Stig but no - here's why - I would hope that when someone does their marks they take into account the fact that the player got a yellow/red card and maybe lower the mark accordingly. Marking is subjective and you all do it differently all I can do is show those marks in a completely unbiased manner. Also the minimum playing time is 30 minutes and I keep at that so comparisons can be made with different years.

thanks for the suggestion Stig but no - here's why - I would hope that when someone does their marks they take into account the fact that the player got a yellow/red card and maybe lower the mark accordingly. Marking is subjective and you all do it differently all I can do is show those marks in a completely unbiased manner. Also the minimum playing time is 30 minutes and I keep at that so comparisons can be made with different years.
    That's fair. I remember a few people saying that they took half a mark off for Holmes as he had stupidly got himself suspended. Definitely see Stig Thundercock's point though.
  • edited September 2017

I realise this is your stats done your way but I have a suggested revision:

That's fair. I remember a few people saying that they took half a mark off for Holmes as he had stupidly got himself suspended. Definitely see Stig Thundercock's point though.
    But then again, Robinson said the ref apologised to Holmes afterwards and admitted he was too hasty with the yellow and shouldn't have booked him...

But then again, Robinson said the ref apologised to Holmes afterwards and admitted he was too hasty with the yellow and shouldn't have booked him...
    Which is probably why Lancashire Lad has it right. Leave it to individual posters to decide whether or not to mark a player down on a case by case basis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

Solly bottom of the averages of the regular starters.

Time of Dyksteel?

Personally would prefer Barnes think Dijksteel is more of a cm, but only seen him a couple of times! So would ask @dickplumb for his opinion.
  • Redrobo said:

Solly bottom of the averages of the regular starters.

Time of Dyksteel?

Bit harsh that Solly is bottom of the averages

It was his cross (again) that Magennis should have scored from but for an excellent save from Murphy
  • People can pick holes in people's player marks etc but I'm still pretty content that as a collective average, we get this pretty right.

If you look at the comparison to last season table, those differences lead up to what I perceive to be a very accurate movement in average marks.