Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

263 tonight

2»

Comments

• Options

would you wanna go to Walsall on a Tuesday night.....I know for certain I wouldn't !!

Remember going to Walsall midweek years ago when we were on our record breaking winning run. We won 4-2 to extend the run.........then fucked it a few days later by losing at home to bottom side Swindon.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

I imagine we'll struggle to get 400 on Saturday.

Went to Walsall last year and it wasn't pleasant. Spent most of the second half watching a certain someone getting thrown out by the local police
    I should flag you for that!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Have never like Walsall since the Saturday postponement about six years ago.

We were in Birmingham early, they had a 9.30 pitch inspection passed. We thought that was the end of it and went in to Walsall town centre, not the most inspiring of places it has to be said, for a beer.

After an hour or so we discovered they were having another f****** pitch inspection for 12.30 and then they called the game off!

I ended up watching a mind numbing Villa v Blackburn FA Cup game being played instead.

Oh yeah, my dislike of Walsall was cemented after last seasons ejection.
  • Options
    What do people expect when bake off is on?
  • Options
    Halix said:

What do people expect when bake off is on?

Tart
  • Options

would you wanna go to Walsall on a Tuesday night.....I know for certain I wouldn't !!

I would if I could actually. Love a midweek away, have had some absolute blinders over the years and done Walsall twice midweek in the past.
    Yep, me too (Walsall away twice midweek, both at their old ground)
  • Options

I would if I could actually. Love a midweek away, have had some absolute blinders over the years and done Walsall twice midweek in the past.
    Yep, me too (Walsall away twice midweek, both at their old ground)
    Neved did Fellows Park with us, but managed their last game at the place against Rotherham.

I did not hate them then!
  • Options

I imagine we'll struggle to get 400 on Saturday.

I didn't realise we were at home.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Did we draw 2.2 at Fellows Park in our 3rd Division promotion season 1980-81? I have memories of being 2.0 up and then just salvaging a draw.

• Options
    Blame Roland Rat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Remember going to Walsall midweek years ago when we were on our record breaking winning run. We won 4-2 to extend the run.........then fucked it a few days later by losing at home to bottom side Swindon.
    I was there. Great night and after the game my mate and I ended up in their supporters club bar. They were wonderfully gracious and generous to us and about Charlton.
    One of my favourite away games.
    Yellows, yellows!
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Six years ago, almost to the day, we took 1,229 to MK Dons (wasn't a new ground as we had played there in 2009/10 and 2010/11 (twice)) on a Tuesday night.

Admittedly we were unbeaten and top of the league, but still. We took 399 to MKD in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in 2010/11...

Milton Keynes and Walsall ain't a good choice of comparison is it

An hr home or 3 hrs home
  • Options

Six years ago, almost to the day, we took 1,229 to MK Dons (wasn't a new ground as we had played there in 2009/10 and 2010/11 (twice)) on a Tuesday night.

Admittedly we were unbeaten and top of the league, but still. We took 399 to MKD in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in 2010/11...

Milton Keynes and Walsall ain't a good choice of comparison is it

An hr home or 3 hrs home
    Fair point - starting from Ramsgate I see them both as a bit of trek. But most people can get to MK in two hours.
  • Options
    iainment said:

I was there. Great night and after the game my mate and I ended up in their supporters club bar. They were wonderfully gracious and generous to us and about Charlton.
    Yellows, yellows!
    That was my only trip to Walsall. Great night. I remember being picked up at 6th form, missing some class. great season, great win
  • Options
    cabbles said:

iainment said:

Yellows, yellows!
    That was my only trip to Walsall. Great night. I remember being picked up at 6th form, missing some class. great season, great win
    I
    I was under the impression up to a couple of weeks ago you done nearly all the games with the 85 year old man
  • Options
    clb74 said:

cabbles said:

iainment said:

Yellows, yellows!
    I
    I was under the impression up to a couple of weeks ago you done nearly all the games with the 85 year old man
    I've eased off this season clb74. A) funds aren't really there at the moment and b) I'm making one last stab at trying to find a bird

My uncle, the 31 year man, wants me to forget all this woman nonsense and commit to a 51 year run, thereby giving up any chance of finding someone, maybe starting a family. He thinks all my disposable income should be channelled to Fleetwood, Wigan, Blackpool and the like

He believes true Nirvana comes from the incubation of the dj coach, setting off and returning to anchor and hope lane every other week. Lunches at the valley cafe for midweek away games, all annual leave to used up on away games, even Checkatrades

I'm resisting at the moment but ultimately I know it's a calling that will eventually engulf me......

• Options
    At the moment I'm just a cherry picking pin lizard, pestering him for tickets for new grounds
  • Options
    With all that tinder and plenty of fish can't you set a bird up to the area we are playing at.
    You got Fleetwood blackpool and Preston this weekend
  • Options
    clb74 said:

With all that tinder and plenty of fish can't you set a bird up to the area we are playing at.

No. You don't mix business with pleasure
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Ffs Christine, you don't need Tinder in Blackpool. The few times(fortunately) I have been there, there have been loads of hen parties well up for it.

Or in your case stag parties.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

clb74 said:

Ffs Christine, you don't need Tinder in Blackpool. The few times(fortunately) I have been there, there have been loads of hen parties well up for it.

Or in your case stag parties.
    The only thing you pulled is a hammy reaching in the long pockets of yours.
  • Options

Remember when everyone was going to boycott the home games and go to loads of away games instead? Now it seems people have just given up entirely. Thanks Roly.

Yes, but that was always bullshit.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    went to Walsall last year .. we won 2-1 .. Ajose (who he ?) scored both ..

last season I went to a few midweekers in the frozen north/midlands .. can't give any kind of authoritative numbers of Addicks there .. BUT sparse would be an apt estimate ((:>)