Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why we fund raise for the museum

2»

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

Threepenny bits were always my favourites!

The new pound coin seems to have been based on them.
  • Options

Stig said:

Threepenny bits were always my favourites!

The new pound coin seems to have been based on them.
    And the new ten pound note was designed by them!
  • Options
    I remember the girl next door would often flash her thrupenny bits for a tanner!
  • Options

I remember the girl next door would often flash her thrupenny bits for a tanner!

and then you gave her half a crown to see her take her knickers down
  • Options
    Half a bloody crown? For half a crown he used to be able to have full use of the family for a week.
  • Options
    IIRC, this medal on being sold on EBay in 03/04, I was looking at it. However it was during a time when I wasn’t working and didn’t think I could convince Mrs GA it was a good buy. It went for something like a couple of hundred pounds.
  • Options

IIRC, this medal on being sold on EBay in 03/04, I was looking at it. However it was during a time when I wasn’t working and didn’t think I could convince Mrs GA it was a good buy. It went for something like a couple of hundred pounds.

No, different medal
  • Options

No, different medal
    From the same winning side?
  • Options

No, different medal
    From the same winning side?
    I know that this medal has been in the sellers ownership for a lot longer than that. Never saw the other medal on ebay so don't know if it was from the same season. Means that they might be another out there somewhere to track down. Anyone able to find a 03/04 ebay auction?