Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

DELE ALLI GETS THE FINGER

2»

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    On a bit of a tangent, you reckon Poch is on the way out @JohnBoyUK?

Not sacked but all feels a bit end of an era, Klopp at Dortmund type winding down, and with a few out of contract at the end of the season too. 
    I sort of touched on it in the PL thread, think it was after the Newcastle game but yes.

Poch looks tired.  Can't blame him for that, thats what working under Levy does to any manager.

I can't see Levy sacking Poch.  He's got too much credit in the bank for that but I can see Levy letting him go when the first opportunity comes.  OGS is on rocky ground at Old Trafford, Zidane seems to be wilting at the Bernebau.  Who goes first will likely dictate where Poch ends up in my eyes.

Seems like we're walking like a zombie into the realms of a club managed by a Levy yes man, maybe a Eddie Howe or Chris Hughton.
    Levy should go all out for someone like Mourinho, Ancelotti or Allegri but he wont.

I think Levy's got more to answer for the current mess than Poch tbh with you.

[EDIT:  I note Brendan Rodgers is the current favourite.  IIRC, Levy was after Rodgers before he went to Liverpool].

Couldn't think of a worse manager to replace Poch.
  • Options
    I know it's only a VERY limited opinion poll .. some Spurs fan callers to R5's 606 were saying that Mourinho would be a good replacement (if/when it ever happens) .. I think that the chosen one has burnt too many bridges in his european managerial journeys .. will modern players still accept his man-management style ?  
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    On a bit of a tangent, you reckon Poch is on the way out @JohnBoyUK?

Not sacked but all feels a bit end of an era, Klopp at Dortmund type winding down, and with a few out of contract at the end of the season too. 
    I sort of touched on it in the PL thread, think it was after the Newcastle game but yes.

Poch looks tired.  Can't blame him for that, thats what working under Levy does to any manager.

I can't see Levy sacking Poch.  He's got too much credit in the bank for that but I can see Levy letting him go when the first opportunity comes.  OGS is on rocky ground at Old Trafford, Zidane seems to be wilting at the Bernebau.  Who goes first will likely dictate where Poch ends up in my eyes.

Seems like we're walking like a zombie into the realms of a club managed by a Levy yes man, maybe a Eddie Howe or Chris Hughton.
    Levy should go all out for someone like Mourinho, Ancelotti or Allegri but he wont.

I think Levy's got more to answer for the current mess than Poch tbh with you.

[EDIT:  I note Brendan Rodgers is the current favourite.  IIRC, Levy was after Rodgers before he went to Liverpool].

He definitely won't go for Mourinho for two reasons - Mourinho will expect to be able to spend big money and Levy doesn't do that and Levy probably recoginses that many Spurs' supporters won't suffer, for very long, his brand of football without some success.

Albeit without winning anything, Poch has been a great manager for Spurs. If Levy were to back him then I'm sure the trophies would follow - United have spent £200m more than Spurs in the last 5 years and look where they finished last season. And Mourinho has to take some of the blame for that.
  • Options
    There's no way Mourinho would accept the job given he knows he would have an arm tied behind his back before he even started.
    He used to moan at Woodward not letting him spent at Utd.  He would end up killing Levy lol.
  • Options
    Poch been tapped up by United.