Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When do you put your bins out?

2»

Comments

• Options

Even Karl Robinson doesn't spout as much rubbish as what I'm reading on this site now.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Even Karl Robinson doesn't spout as much rubbish as what I'm reading on this site now.

Come on!!! Yes he does.
  • Options

Never

I don't put the bins in

What are you doing man?

Bins out and BBQing are the last bastions of blokiness we've been left with. Don't give it up without a fight!

I reckon I'm top bin man on here (unless anyone is actually a bin man).

We have 6 and I look after my next door neighbours and she has 7. 13 bins in total !!

Nothing better than picking up a tub to carry down the drive and a load of rainwater from 3 days ago runs down your top and trousers.

LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    In Greenwich we're too posh to put the bins out, we leave that sort of things to the little oiks who run around the dustcart lugging large bins from our gardens. Never put them back though :-( ... Everything collected Monday

Different story in Bexley, my Mum has one bin for papers/cardboard, one for plastics (milk bottles etc), one for non recyclable household rubbish & one for garden waste which she has to pay for but she doesn't have one for glass ???? Recyclables collected each week, household & garden waste alternate weeks. I go & put them out each tuesday evening for wednesday collection. My mums front garden is full of bushes, lawn & flowers so get a fair amount of "wildlife". lost count of the times I've picked up the smaller recycle bins & find I'm squashing a slug or snail against the handle or go back indoors & find a bloody fat spider attached to part of my body.
  • Options
    This thread has wheelie bin going round in circles.
  • Options
    The tributary to this thread is have your bins got your house number on them, and what numbering method was used?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The tributary to this thread is have your bins got your house number on them, and what numbering method was used?

We use Roman numerals in Cheshire - Arabic is far too common!
  • Options
    Tonight's the night I role my wheelie bin up the drive. I've never returned it to my house though, the neighbours do that bit.
  • Options
    I live in a block of flats, with a shared bin room. Having 3 kids and a dog means I have to take a bag down every day or so. Unfortunately local street drinkers/crackheads have worked out a way to break into the binroom to do their thing. We even had a fella living in there for three months, he had a nice little set up going on in the corner! The police have done nothing about it, so I regularly have to turf groups of them out when I go down there. The other day I opened the door to be confronted by a geezer pissing down the drain in the centre of the room! Unbelievable. I was lost for words!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We don't have to put them out, but have to take them back - apart from every time the crew changes, in which case nothing gets picked up and i have to spend 6 weeks complaining to Bromley council.

I live in a block of maisonettes and there are real politics about putting the bins back. I'll take what i can carry, but only do one trip and never do the food waste bin as it is disgusting, full of maggots and i don't use it. This means it stays on the street, with the other 2 or 3 remaining bins, until the one person that does use it goes up the back to deposit his peelings, works out it's not there and storms down the drive to get it while shaking his head. Still only takes the food bin back though, leaves the rest.

No one else seems to bother despite there being loads of people in and out during the day.

I actually can't believe there is a thread on here where i managed to get that rant out. Catharsis.

Bin juice is the devils water though, got some on my brand new desert boots this morning.
  • Options
    This thread has done little to dissuade me that the average Brit is more concerned about their bin collection than their own health or wellbeing. Having heard and been party to conversations with the public complaining about missed bins/moving to twice monthly collections (3 weekly coming soon folks), etc. I am convinced people would rather hand over a limb or perhaps their first born child rather than have their bins messed with.

:-)
  • Options
    ...Sundays by the way.
  • Options

...Sundays by the way.

Fancy
  • Options

...Sundays by the way.

Fancy
    For Monday's obviously...but that does include Bank Hols.
  • Options
    Bins??? I wear them for reading, why would I want to put them out ffs.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

I live in a block of flats, with a shared bin room. Having 3 kids and a dog means I have to take a bag down every day or so. Unfortunately local street drinkers/crackheads have worked out a way to break into the binroom to do their thing. We even had a fella living in there for three months, he had a nice little set up going on in the corner! The police have done nothing about it, so I regularly have to turf groups of them out when I go down there. The other day I opened the door to be confronted by a geezer pissing down the drain in the centre of the room! Unbelievable. I was lost for words!

So.......let’s get this right.....he got his knob out and it was in your bin room.
    It don’t get much better than that!
    Great post YTS.....double whammy!
  • Options

Never

I don't put the bins in

What are you doing man?

Bins out and BBQing are the last bastions of blokiness we've been left with. Don't give it up without a fight!

I reckon I'm top bin man on here (unless anyone is actually a bin man).

We have 6 and I look after my next door neighbours and she has 7. 13 bins in total !!

Nothing better than picking up a tub to carry down the drive and a load of rainwater from 3 days ago runs down your top and trousers.

Proper bin talk, that. Full respect :+1:
  • Options

This thread has done little to dissuade me that the average Brit is more concerned about their bin collection than their own health or wellbeing. Having heard and been party to conversations with the public complaining about missed bins/moving to twice monthly collections (3 weekly coming soon folks), etc. I am convinced people would rather hand over a limb or perhaps their first born child rather than have their bins messed with.

:-)

It’s well documented that weekly bin collections in Bromley and Chislehurst were first mentioned in The Magna Carta.
    Collection rights were give to a peasant family who resided in a small hamlet nearby at that time known as Mottham.
  • Options
    Put bins out on a Tuesday night, then allocate myself some time on the Wednesday to try and find them again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

People who put their rubbish out for collection the night before are brave souls arseholes...

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Had a couple of ferals move in upstairs with a young kid. What a pleasure it is stepping over used nappies because they put the bags out the night before, purely because they are too fucking lazy to work and sleep all day...

At least give the fucking foxes a challenge and change your habits you pikey brain doners!!!!

Grrrrr!
  • Options
    On bin day of course.
  • Options

People who put their rubbish out for collection the night before are brave souls.

I put my black bags out the night before once and left home the next morning to find the foxes had enjoyed themselves - Because of that I always put them out on a Thursday morning these days

Thursday morning.

No urban foxes in these parts - just rural ones, occasionally chased about by toffs on nags....
  • Options
    Bins are out all the time. This seems to mean that anyone walking by with any kinds of rubbish can leave it within the vague vicinity of said bins
  • Options
    My collection day is Tuesday so I put the bin (not bags) out Tuesday morning. I have a fortnightly collection, one week its the black bin for general rubbish and the next week it is the green bin for garden waste & cardboard.

On the week the green bin gets emptied I also have a small green box that can go out for paper, tins, foil etc.
  • Options
    We put our bins out on Thursday nights but my good neighbour puts our bins and the neighbours bids away straight after the bin men have emptied them. If I have bin day off I tidy his bins away. I know this sounds a tad over the top but besides keeping the gardens neat and tidy looking it doesn't advertise the fact that we are not at home.
  • Options
    The bins that live permanently on the pavement outside the houses in the section of Floyd Road leading down from the station are a disgusting eyesore.
  • Options

YTS1978 said:

So.......let’s get this right.....he got his knob out and it was in your bin room.
    It don’t get much better than that!
    Great post YTS.....double whammy!
    Haha...yes, I could have posted that one the knob thread too! Madness.