Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Carry On Film.

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Without a doubt Carry on up the Khyber. Just the name of Sid James' character - "Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond" gets me every time. An honorary mention for Peter "Pound" Butterworth in Carry on Camping.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The ones I loved as a kid were Cleo, Screaming and Up the Jungle. Camping, Don't lose your head and Abroad not far behind.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Carry on Nurse.

Still get a pang of disappointment when I go into a hospital and the nurses aren’t busty little sexpots in a proper 60s nurse uniform.

Carry on Sargent, if nothing but for my introduction to Shirley Eaton. ;)image
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    It has to be the one where Barbara Windsor's thingies fly out.

To think that we used to queue up at Eltham Palace, or the Gaumont where ever to get in to see these films.
  • Options

uie2 said:

Mine is Carry on at your Convenience, which was one that failed at the box office apparently because of the strikes and unions at the time! But I love it

Mine too, although love all of them. Up the Kyber & Camping a close 2nd & 3rd.

When we lived in North London my wife taught at a school in Hampstead and taught a lot of actors kids. One grandparent was Diana Copeland and when they had a fund raising auction, she donated a signed Sid James photo from Bless this house. I wanted it so badly I ended up bidding against myself for it. She attended the evening and signed it herself when I won it and we had a good chat about the carry ons and she said how much fun she had filming them.
    Unfortunately my wife can't stand them but often watch one with my mum when I go over to see her, she loves them too. I know the scripts off by heart but still crack up at the one liners.

• Options
    Carry on Cabby - those foxy uniforms the Glam Cabs girls wear... Grrrr.

Screaming - Foul. Feet. Smell. Something horrible.

Up the Khyber - "Fakir, off!" (The great Cardew Robinson)

Spying - "I cannot smoke those, they make me deaf..."
  • Options
    Behind
    Convience
    Abroad
    Again doctor
  • Options
    I can't watch them now - simply because I have watched them so many times. But I do recall the joy of watching them in my younger days. It was a real treat when there was a Carry On film on tv.
  • Options
    Carry on screaming for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Screaming and cowboy for me. Camping and doctor good solid performers.
    My favourite line is I think from carry on abroad when Babs is getting a drink in sids pub.
    Babs "have you got a large one"
    Sid "I've had no complaints so far!"
  • Options
    Carry on up the Khyber and Carry on Camping.

2 absolute classics.
  • Options
    Carry on Screaming
    Carry on Cleo

I love this exchange from Carry on again Doctor: -

Charles Hawtrey: There's more to it than that, sir.
    There have been other incidents with nurses.
    Kenneth Williams: Oh, come, come, Stoppidge. We both know that
    young doctors indulge in a bit of jiggery-pokery.
    Charles Hawtrey: Sir, I do not object to jiggery,
    but I do take exception to pokery