Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WALES V IRELAND .. Tonight .. World Cup Qualifier

124»

Comments

• Options
    Can't believe that bothered people tbh. It was crass but a lot of the England team were thir mates - it was just laddish behaviour. A bit like us taking pleasure from Palace losing.
  • Options

Can't believe that bothered people tbh. It was crass but a lot of the England team were thir mates - it was just laddish behaviour. A bit like us taking pleasure from Palace losing.

Do you think the England squad would be jumping up and down and celebrating if Wales (or any of the home nations) had been eliminated before them?

And it's nothing like us celebrating if Palace lose. We're supporters, they're professional players. And in the middle of it was Simon Church, born and raised in England and who pretty much only sets foot in Wales when they play a home game. Dickhead (him not you).
  • Options

So why ain't it "just laddish behaviour" for England to celebrate them going out??
  • Options
    edited October 2017

For anyone disappointed at Wales not qualifying please let me refer you to this.

I forgot about this. I wanted them to win last night. Glad they didn’t make it now. Perhaps they can spend the summer playing friendlies against Scotland now.
  • Options

Do you think the England squad would be jumping up and down and celebrating if Wales (or any of the home nations) had been eliminated before them?

So why ain't it "just laddish behaviour" for England to celebrate them going out??
    England would be bloody crucified by the media, the FA, the fans if we did something like that

Still think its the difference between England and the rest of the Home Nations; they can all relax, play how they want because if they lose it wont really matter - England only have to pass in the wrong direction for it to become a witch hunt
  • Options

Don't be ridiculous, you are only allowed to criticise England.
  • Options
    Interesting view on "easier" Groups as well based on current UEFA rankings - Would say its actually very even between us and the other Home Nations in those two Groups rather than being in favour of England as per common myth

Wales (8) | Serbia (22) | Republic of Ireland (23) | Georgia (47) | Moldova (52)
    England (10) | Slovakia (14) | Scotland (28) | Slovenia (30) | Lithuania (48) | Malta (55)

Interesting though that Wales have remained so high in the World Rankings because they've not played a single friendly (this has been the issue surrounding the Rankings over recent months) since Euro 2016, they dont even have anything scheduled

Whereas England have played three further matches
  • Options
    scotland rivalry aside werent v good and think ireland and wales would be tougher opponents,

serbia i think are stronger than slovakia.

slovenia,georgia, moldova, malta, lithuania are all about the same.

• Options

scotland rivalry aside werent v good and think ireland and wales would be tougher opponents,

serbia i think are stronger than slovakia.

slovenia,georgia, moldova, malta, lithuania are all about the same.

Dunno I still think Wales are nothing without Bale; whilst Ireland would be like the Scotland rivalry seeing they hate us - Serbia and Slovakia I'd really struggle to find anything to split them either (the former probably have the more recognisable players)

Nothing to split the others though; Georgia I dont know much about, they seem to be this country who could slowly start to do an Iceland by moving up the table each Qualifying period yet like Israel just seem to flop at the end.
  • Options
    @ForeverAddickted i think playing scotland is easier than playing both ireland and wales away,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And it's nothing like us celebrating if Palace lose. We're supporters, they're professional players. And in the middle of it was Simon Church, born and raised in England and who pretty much only sets foot in Wales when they play a home game. Dickhead (him not you).
    whats even funnier is english men in wales shirts jumping up and down, as 6 of the 23 man squad at the euros were english.
  • Options

Looking at the FIFA rankings I can't believe there's 14 nations better than us.

The way we played in our last two games, I'd find it harder to believe there are fourteen teams worse than us.
  • Options

Not sure how the rankings might change by next week but the eight teams will be as follows...

Portugal (#3) or Switzerland (#7)
    Italy (#17)
    Croatia (#18)
    Northern Ireland (#20)
    Sweden (#23) or France (#8)
    Denmark (#26)
    Rep. Ireland (#34)
    Greece (#47) or Slovakia (#19)

So as long as Sweden and Greece are in the play-offs, Northern Ireland should get the last seeding dependant on how rankings are affected this week.

If Sweden win the group ahead of France and/or Slovakia qualify ahead of Greece then Northern Ireland would be unseeded.

If France win group A (by beating Belarus at home), Denmark will be seeded (Northern Ireland won't).
    This is due to Ireland beating Wales. If they hadn't beaten Wales, we would have had to rely on Croatia not beating Ukraine.
    Not sure how they work it all out, but that's a fact (according to the Danish media anyway).
    The other seeded teams will be Portugal/Switzerland, Italy and Croatia.
  • Options
    Great result...love it when the taffys get beat, seeing as they hate us and the players celebrations after last years euro's...Jason Cundy said the same last night on talk sport and the welsh were ringing up complaining about it, he simply asked them would they be happy if England didn't qualify of course the two faced gits said yes....so stop whining when we do..
  • Options

Interesting view on "easier" Groups as well based on current UEFA rankings - Would say its actually very even between us and the other Home Nations in those two Groups rather than being in favour of England as per common myth

Wales (8) | Serbia (22) | Republic of Ireland (23) | Georgia (47) | Moldova (52)
    England (10) | Slovakia (14) | Scotland (28) | Slovenia (30) | Lithuania (48) | Malta (55)

Interesting though that Wales have remained so high in the World Rankings because they've not played a single friendly (this has been the issue surrounding the Rankings over recent months) since Euro 2016, they dont even have anything scheduled

Quite strange that Wales haven't played any friendlies, did they just have squad get togethers during the international breaks? Maybe a couple of friendlies to try out different players and systems would have benefitted them last night...
  • Options

Quite strange that Wales haven't played any friendlies, did they just have squad get togethers during the international breaks? Maybe a couple of friendlies to try out different players and systems would have benefitted them last night...
    Yeah I found this strange too yet...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wales_national_football_team_results_2000–19#2016
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_football_team_results_%E2%80%93_2000s#2016

Definitely a cheeky way to protect your FIFA Ranking!!
  • Options
    Something that has slightly put me off Wales is their recent habit of calling up young English born players before they are ready, you suspect it's just to get them to be "Welsh" for the rest of their playing careers. It's what Ireland did to poach the likes of McCarthy and McGeady from Scotland.

The likes of Ben Woodburn, David Brooks (who played for England as we won the U20 tournament in the summer) and Ethan Ampadu

Yes I can see the attraction for the players in being picked for a national team, but I don't think it's right to have this sort of tug of war for youngsters, as once chosen they can't change their mind
  • Options

Something that has slightly put me off Wales is their recent habit of calling up young English born players before they are ready, you suspect it's just to get them to be "Welsh" for the rest of their playing careers. It's what Ireland did to poach the likes of McCarthy and McGeady from Scotland.

The likes of Ben Woodburn, David Brooks (who played for England as we won the U20 tournament in the summer) and Ethan Ampadu

Yes I can see the attraction for the players in being picked for a national team, but I don't think it's right to have this sort of tug of war for youngsters, as once chosen they can't change their mind

Yeah its slightly annoyed me too... Yes you could claim we've done the same with Jack Grealish yet at least in that case he is still eligible for the Republic of Ireland as he's not played a competitive match for the seniors yet
  • Options

Yeah its slightly annoyed me too... Yes you could claim we've done the same with Jack Grealish yet at least in that case he is still eligible for the Republic of Ireland as he's not played a competitive match for the seniors yet
    But then Grealish IS English. It's not as if he was born and raised in Dublin, but with English grandparents!

And England didn't immediately give him a full international cap to "keep him English" either. Of course England have more players, so don't have to do this, but I do feel that the rules of international sport should be tightened up

• Options
    They’d all be rejoicing if England had blown qualification make no mistake about that .
    Stuff being the better person , they can watch us in Russia and cheer at our misery then but for now ha ha ha ha ha to the sweaties and taffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They’d all be rejoicing if England had blown qualification make no mistake about that .
    Stuff being the better person , they can watch us in Russia and cheer at our misery then but for now ha ha ha ha ha to the sweaties and taffs

Be even better if we were to win the World Cup or Euros

Reckon that would be a Welsh | Irish | Scottish nightmare
  • Options
    equally though a some players have deliberately made a lot of use of international systems then fucked them off.

james mclean openly admits using northern irelands youth teams then electing to play for the republic.
    jack grealish played for ireland youth teams then elected to play for england