Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster - Player Marks

Comments

• Options
    Amos 6
    Solly 6
    Bauer 8 mom
    Konsa 7
    Dasilva 6.5
    Kashi 6
    Forster-Caskey 6
    Holmes 7
    Fosu-Henry 7.5
    Clarke 5.5
    Magennis 6
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited October 2017
    Amos 7
    Solly 6.5
    Bauer 6.5
    Konsa 6.5
    Dasilva 6.5
    Kashi 6.5
    Forster-Caskey 6.5
    Holmes 6.5
    Fosu-Henry 7.5
    Clarke 6.5
    Magennis 6
  • Options
    Amos 7
    Solly 7
    Bauer 8
    Konsa 7.5
    Dasilva 6.5
    Kashi 7
    Forster-Caskey 7.5
    Holmes 7.5
    Fosu-Henry 8
    Clarke 6.5
    Magennis 6.5
  • Options
    Amos 7
    Solly 7
    Bauer 8
    Konsa 7.5
    Dasilva 6.5
    Kashi 7
    Forster-Caskey 7.
    Holmes 6
    Fosu-Henry 8
    Clarke 6.
    Magennis 7
  • Options
    Amos 6.5
    Solly 7
    Bauer 8
    Konsa 7.5
    Dasilva 6.5
    Kashi 7
    Forster-Caskey 7.
    Holmes 6
    Fosu-Henry 8
    Clarke 6.
    Magennis 7

• Options
    Amos - 6
    Solly - 7
    Bauer - 9 dealt with their forwards time and again. calm and took control.
    Konsa - 8 three last ditch clearances.
    Dasilva - 6 struggled against their winger no 7. the tactic of passing it out from the back sometimes led him to give the ball away.
    Kashi - 7 some great tackles and gives it his all. again like most of the team the quick passing led to losing possession.
    Forster-Caskey - 7 similar to Kashi. I would at times like him to move forward a bit more. in a Kinsella role but not sure if he can do it.
    Holmes - 7 looked dangerous every time he had the ball at his feet. shame his distribution was off key.
    Fosu-Henry - 8 dangerous and tricky. hard to get the ball off and sucked in several of their defenders to do so. nice goal as well.
    Clarke - 6 looked a bit lost on the flank. certainly not his position. same when Reeves came on to replace him. they both need to play in the centre. only problem is fosu and holmes can also play that number ten role.
    Magennis - 8 every time I see him at full pace running after the ball it surprises me how fast this big lad is. must surprise the opposition as well. took most of the defenders on and only had a little chance to score where really we should of scored as the ball fell to Clarke who blasted it over the bar.
  • Options

Breaking a promise I made to myself about giving scores, but here goes...

Amos - 7 Did all that was asked of him. A couple of sharp stops, and brave under an aerial bombardment. Got his fists to it a couple of times under pressure, and got the ball out of the danger area. I don't get some of the sniping about his kicking. What score would some of you have given Kiely? Because Amos' kicking is much better than that...

Solly - 6 Steady, if unspectacular. Not the swashbuckling full back of old, but very good at holding his man up. Sides tend to try to get a big man against our full backs, and hit them with big diagonals. Solly coped with that pretty well.

Bauer - 7 A few poor clearances with his wrong foot, playing on the left, but a man mountain in the air. Dominant against all attacks through the middle.

Konsa - 6.5 Not quite as dominant as the BFG, but uses his pace well. A few badly miss hit clearances, but was pretty solid.

Dasilva - 6 Not as solid defensively as in recent games. But a great attacking outlet down the left. Became a real threat in the second half.

Kashi - 7 The best defensive midfielder in the league, that I've seen. Keeps it simple, with a enormous work rate. Never walks anywhere on a football pitch, always moves on the run.

Forster-Caskey - 7.5 Was awesome in the first half, being involved in almost all that was good in Charlton play. Unsung hero that does the dirty work. Ricky seems to be flexing his muscles on dead ball delivery, which is unfortunate, as I think JFC hits a better corner.

Holmes - 6 Not the best Ricky performance. Has probably demanded he play in the no. 10 position, (I don't think he likes not being top scorer!) possibly to the detriment to the team.

Fosu-Henry - 8 MOTM Sure, sometimes he takes on defenders too much. Sometimes his decision making lets him down, but we should remember he is only 22, and in his first FULL season of league football. Let him make his mistakes, as a lot of it is a sign of confidence. He will improve. Was probably fouled more than anyone else on the pitch. Added together...

Clarke - 6 Nowhere near as influential out wide. Still probably the best tackler in the team! The number of times he wins the ball, gets up, and comes away with it, is amazing. Charlton need him back in the no. 10 position.

Magennis - 7 Excellent performance, winning header after header. Strong as an ox, as the unfortunate referee found out to his cost. Such a great work rate.

Robinson - 9 A number of things he did very well. 1) Last season, when Pearce got injured, Slade brought in Konsa, but not wanting to move Bauer, played Konsa on the left. This lead to the worst performances by Ezri in his fledgling career. KR has said to Paddy, you're the senior man, help the youngster out by moving over. This shows great confidence in Paddy, and, like giving him the armband against Fleetwood, sends a clear message to him how important he is to KR's thinking. 2) The substitution of Da Silva, served 2 purposes. Jay picked up a (justified) yellow card in the 1st half. Just before he was substituted he committed another rash challenge that could have resulted in a 2nd yellow. Bringing on Sarr firstly took him out of the firing line, and secondly stopped the big diagonals from the opposite flank. Sarr didn't really play as a full back, but his size dissuaded high balls out to his side. What he did get wrong was changing the positions of RH and BC. Switch them back please, gaffer!

Why would you try to compare Amos to Kiely? There's only one winner there
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    wmcf123 said:

Breaking a promise I made to myself about giving scores, but here goes...

Amos - 7 Did all that was asked of him. A couple of sharp stops, and brave under an aerial bombardment. Got his fists to it a couple of times under pressure, and got the ball out of the danger area. I don't get some of the sniping about his kicking. What score would some of you have given Kiely? Because Amos' kicking is much better than that...

Solly - 6 Steady, if unspectacular. Not the swashbuckling full back of old, but very good at holding his man up. Sides tend to try to get a big man against our full backs, and hit them with big diagonals. Solly coped with that pretty well.

Bauer - 7 A few poor clearances with his wrong foot, playing on the left, but a man mountain in the air. Dominant against all attacks through the middle.

Konsa - 6.5 Not quite as dominant as the BFG, but uses his pace well. A few badly miss hit clearances, but was pretty solid.

Dasilva - 6 Not as solid defensively as in recent games. But a great attacking outlet down the left. Became a real threat in the second half.

Kashi - 7 The best defensive midfielder in the league, that I've seen. Keeps it simple, with a enormous work rate. Never walks anywhere on a football pitch, always moves on the run.

Forster-Caskey - 7.5 Was awesome in the first half, being involved in almost all that was good in Charlton play. Unsung hero that does the dirty work. Ricky seems to be flexing his muscles on dead ball delivery, which is unfortunate, as I think JFC hits a better corner.

Holmes - 6 Not the best Ricky performance. Has probably demanded he play in the no. 10 position, (I don't think he likes not being top scorer!) possibly to the detriment to the team.

Fosu-Henry - 8 MOTM Sure, sometimes he takes on defenders too much. Sometimes his decision making lets him down, but we should remember he is only 22, and in his first FULL season of league football. Let him make his mistakes, as a lot of it is a sign of confidence. He will improve. Was probably fouled more than anyone else on the pitch. Added together...

Clarke - 6 Nowhere near as influential out wide. Still probably the best tackler in the team! The number of times he wins the ball, gets up, and comes away with it, is amazing. Charlton need him back in the no. 10 position.

Magennis - 7 Excellent performance, winning header after header. Strong as an ox, as the unfortunate referee found out to his cost. Such a great work rate.

Robinson - 9 A number of things he did very well. 1) Last season, when Pearce got injured, Slade brought in Konsa, but not wanting to move Bauer, played Konsa on the left. This lead to the worst performances by Ezri in his fledgling career. KR has said to Paddy, you're the senior man, help the youngster out by moving over. This shows great confidence in Paddy, and, like giving him the armband against Fleetwood, sends a clear message to him how important he is to KR's thinking. 2) The substitution of Da Silva, served 2 purposes. Jay picked up a (justified) yellow card in the 1st half. Just before he was substituted he committed another rash challenge that could have resulted in a 2nd yellow. Bringing on Sarr firstly took him out of the firing line, and secondly stopped the big diagonals from the opposite flank. Sarr didn't really play as a full back, but his size dissuaded high balls out to his side. What he did get wrong was changing the positions of RH and BC. Switch them back please, gaffer!

Why would you try to compare Amos to Kiely? There's only one winner there
    Thanks for pointing that out. Did I say I thought Amos was a better keeper than Deano? I said his kicking was better. Proves my point with my promise...
  • Options
    Amos 6
    Solly 7
    Bauer 7.5
    Konsa 7
    Dasilva 6.5
    Kashi 7
    Forster-Caskey 7
    Holmes 6
    Fosu-Henry 7.5
    Clarke 6.5
    Magennis 7.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos 7 - looked a bit more confident today, but I wish we wouldn't put him under pressure with so many back passes
    Solly 7.5 much better than the last few games I've seen him.
    Bauer 8
    Konsa 7.5
    Dasilva 6.5 poor first half, improved
    Kashi 7
    Forster-Caskey 7
    Holmes 7
    Fosu-Henry 8 great goal, didn't stop, my MOM
    Clarke 6.5 deserved yellow, not his best game
    Magennis 7.5 unlucky not to score, did really well considering how isolated he often was
  • Options
    East Stand Loopy - please keep posting your marks and comments as they enhance my enjoyment of doing the stats - thank you
  • Options
    Amos-7 Deserved the clean sheet yesterday.
    Solly-7 solid game and linked well.
    Bauer-8.5 A rock at the back.
    Konsa-7 Dove-tailed well with BFG
    Dasilva-6.5 poor 1st half but recovered well in 2nd. plus .5 for mazzy run.
    Kashi-7.5 unlucky not to score plus a vital team player.
    Forster-Caskey-7 worked hard
    Holmes-7 average game by Ricky's high standard. some poor crosses.
    Fosu-Henry-8 the new magic feet. The odd bad pass but bags of skill.
    Clarke-6 link man was below par and reason the team struggled at times.
    Magennis-7.5 led the line well, playing with confidence. don't mess with big Josh !
  • Options
    Amos 6
    Solly 6
    Bauer 8
    Konsa 7
    Dasilva 6
    Kashi 7.5
    Forster-Caskey 7
    Holmes 6.5
    Fosu-Henry 7
    Clarke 6
    Magennis 7
  • Options
    Amos 7
    Solly 7
    Bauer 7.5
    Konsa 7.5
    Dasilva 6
    Kashi 7
    Forster-Caskey 7
    Holmes 6 (-1 for wayward passing/crossing)
    Fosu-Henry 7.5 always looks dangerous.
    Clarke 6.5 always busy but not right on it today
    Magennis 7 Lacked the crosses he needs today. Some good wide play from him though.
  • Options
    Amos 6.5
    Solly 6.5
    Bauer 7
    Konsa 7
    Dasilva 6.5
    Kashi 6
    Forster-Caskey 6.5
    Holmes 6.5
    Fosu-Henry 7.5 MOM
    Clarke 6
    Magennis 7
  • Options
    Is that right SDAddick, Fosu only cost a development fee. only a development fee eh? well I never, just a development fee. Is that enough?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

iFollow

Amos: - 7 Had a couple good saves and a couple good punches. Not a tremendous amount to do, which is a credit to those in front of him. His kicking on back passes is poor and he needs to work on it. His kicking from a dead ball is quite accurate.

Solly: 7.5 - Much improved on Walsall which makes me think that performance was down to picking up a knock. Everything you expect from Solly. I still feel Konsa brings something different in that position, namely the pace and athleticism to get the ball out of the back, but Solly was very good.

Bauer: 8.5 - MOTM Didn't out a foot wrong. For someone so big he's far more mobile than he looks. At times he was forced to track his land out wide and I think he won the ball in every 1-v-1. His passing is very good as well.

Konsa: 8 - A really good performance. Won things on the ground and in the air. To me he needs to be in the starting XIs, be it at center back or right back. He's a wonderful player we need to enjoy while we have him.

Dasilva: 6.5 - Really struggled when Kongolo came on to basically just press him, and it should be noted Kongolo is on loan from Manchester City and highly rated. He gave that ball away a frustrating amount in the first half. But huge credit to the 19 year old who had a much better second half and his 40 yard run was excellent, followed by playing Holmes in.

Kashi: 8 - A lot of what he does is unspectacular, but he pressures the ball, wins it back, always provides an outlet for those on the ball, and switches the point of attack with crossfire balls.

Forster-Caskey: 8 - A lot of what he does also goes unnoticed, but he was very good again. He gets into passing lanes, he plays short, quick passes, and he runs loads and always seems to be getting in the box. Our most underrated player this year.

Holmes: 6 - Nothing really came off for him and his set pieces and crosses were poor. He's allowed to be mediocre from time to time.

Fosu-Henry: 8 - If there was an SDAddick crest, it would include the words "Fosu only cost a development fee," but in Latin to make it sound classy. What a run of form he's in. What a strike. Yes, Lawlor will feel his positioning should have been better but don't let that take away from the fact that Fosu's shot was well disguised and hit brilliantly. The ball just seems to stick to him. He must be a nightmare when he's running at you. Seemed to tire as the game went on and his decision making ability dropped but he still forced a couple awkward saves from distance in the second half.

And he only cost a development fee.

Clarke: 6 - Needs a break. Had a great start to the season but faded the last few games. Some of that is being played on the right at times to give more defensive cover. Some of that is carrying knocks. But you know what, we have squad depth and can start Reeves on Tuesday night and bring Clarke off the bench.

Magennis: 7 - Worked incredibly hard as usual. Won almost everything in the air. Had two shots blocked at point blank range, one of which looked like it came off the defender's hand. Does everything a center forward needs to do in this formation.

I think your summaries are excellent and very accurate (in other words you appear to watch the same games as me :wink: )
  • Options
    Amos 6.5 couple of good saves but don’t trust him like you should as keeper, his kicking is appalling at times.

Solly 7 lopsided 4231 probably didn’t help him get forward as we didn’t use that side much. Defensively sound.

Bauer 7.5 got in the way of a lot and cleared a lot too, I think he started off a little slow but was very good otherwise.

Konsa 8 calm, cool, collected. Has so much quality in the heart of defence, don’t think he’ll stay in January but would be nice to keep him.

Dasilva 7 that run in the first half was fantastic and great for him to show his attacking abilities. Had a bit of a tough time the other way at times but that’s all a learning curve.

Kashi 7 destroys so much and is what makes us work going forward in terms of allowing others to do what they do whilst you know he’s always available and there to help if possession is lost.

Forster-Caskey 7.5 excellent opening 25 minutes especially. I think so much goes unnoticed but he is a fantastic player. Overdue a goal so I think that’ll come soon.

Holmes 7 quieter than usual with a couple of really poor crosses and should’ve scored first half, but always a threat and that pushes opposing defenders on the back foot.

Fosu-Henry 8.5 got a great winning goal and the ball sticks to him like glue. Got all the tricks and flicks and is in fantastic form right now. After seeing highlights again the only thing that let him down was not playing Magennis in when he shot instead.

Clarke 7 he was out of position yes, but the plan was for a lopsided 4231 with a direct number 10 instead of a link up man. He done a good job albeit was unlucky not to score/should’ve scored.

Magennis 8 perfect number 9. Only thing missing was his goal which is coming soon. Bullied their defenders, took out the referee, so strong, so fast. Big Josh is class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Sage makes a good point that Clarke had a really good looping header cleared off the line. Great bit of defending to deny him a goal. And I think if that had gone in it might have helped his confidence a bit.
  • Options
    Amos 6.5 - Still flaps a bit, but improving.
    Solly 7 - Good solid performance
    Bauer 8.5 MOM - Excellent throughout
    Konsa 8 - Has settled into the Centre Half role very well
    Dasilva 6.5
    Kashi 6.5
    Forster-Caskey 6
    Holmes 7- Not his best game, still 1 or 2 good runs however
    Fosu-Henry 8.5 Always involved, just pipped by Bauer for MOM
    Clarke 6 - Quietish game for him, missed good chance second half.
    Magennis 7 - Worked hard as always.
  • Options
    Amos 7 - Dealt with everything. Needs to work on his kicking, although he seemed much better with his left peg when it was called upon!
    Solly - 7 - Usual self
    Bauer 7.5 - Solid performance at the back
    Konsa - 7.5 - plays like a far more experienced player than he is
    Dasilva - 7 - not his best game for us but lively once again
    Kashi 7 -Looked solid
    Forster-Caskey 6.5 - didn't really notice him for good or bad
    Holmes - 7.5 - endless energy, no needless fouls but crosses and set pieces left a lot to be desired again.
    Fosu-Henry - 8. Glad to see we have some midfielders that will have a crack from outside the area and took his goal very well. So much trickery, needs a bit more of a level head at times when the pass would be the better option
    Clarke - 6.5 - not his best game for us
    Magennis- 7.5 - Good performance as the lone striker, shame he couldn't get on the score sheet.

Sarr and Reeves N/A but nice to have 2 decent players and potential game changers to bring on to see the game out (3 when you add Marshall to that, maybe even 0.5 more if we get a few corners for Jackson to bang in). Add a striker and we have a very decent looking bench, with Page back as well soon.
  • Options
    Amos 8 Dealt with everything thrown at him . Getting better as he plays more games
    Solly 7 Solid
    Bauer 8 Immense
    Konsa 8 really looked the part
    Dasilva 6 Targeted by Doncaster .
    Kashi 7 Back to his best
    Forster-Caskey 7 Tidy .
    Holmes 6 Average
    Fosu-Henry 9 Extra point for the goal . It earned us the extra two points
    Clarke 6 Suspect he was put on the left to provide a natural left footed balance
    Magennis 7 Holds the line well.

Reeves . Good to see him play in the league . Provides another option.
    Sarr . I had forgotten how big he is . Donny certainly couldn't target him in the air . With our lack of height at the back using him to see out games could be a useful tactic .
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Fosu
    only cost a development fee

Fosu
    Tantum constant pretium Development
  • Options
    Fosu
    modo pretio evolvendi emptus

if we're being pedantic ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Fosu

Can develop cost price?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Leuth said:

Fosu

Can develop cost price?
    @Leuth you just got Latin checked. Are you going to take that?!?!?!
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

Amos 6
    Solly 7
    Bauer 7.5
    Konsa 7
    Dasilva 6.5
    Kashi 7
    Forster-Caskey 7
    Holmes 6
    Fosu-Henry 7.5
    Clarke 6.5
    Magennis 7.5

Why did Amos only get a 6......exactly what did he do wrong to get a low mark?
  • Options
    Amos7
    Solly7
    Bauer7
    Konsa7
    Dasilva8
    Kashi7
    Forster-Caskey7
    Holmes8
    Fosu-Henry8
    Clarke 7
    Magennis7